When I tried to do a test checkout I realized that I cant continue. I get an error about invalid tax percentage, but I don't even have tax setup. I am using WHMCS 7.4.2

I get the error no matter what payment gateway, and I have tried a fresh install of the checkout.tpl file and a bunch of other files that is included on multiple pages such as common and the sidebars.

When I enable error reporting, I get the following stack trace:

WHMCS\Exception\Billing\BillingException: Invalid tax percentage: in /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/myuser/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Billing/Tax.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->validateTaxPercentage(NULL)
#1 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/invoicefunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Billing\Tax->setLevel1Percentage(NULL)
#2 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): updateInvoiceTotal(0)
#3 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/processinvoices.php(0): createInvoicesProcess(false, true, '')
#4 /home/myuser/public_html/includes/orderfunctions.php(0): createInvoices(1, true, '', Array)
#5 /home/myuser/public_html/cart.php(0): calcCartTotals(true)
#6 {main}

Yes I can thank you

5 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@hanstavo could you please try deleting and readding a fresh copy of the /vendor folder to see if this assists.

@WHMCS ChrisD

Could this be in the validation.php file? Just thinking back, I had a issue with some validations awhile back and I replaced that file. I maybe got the wrong version of the file.

7 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@hanstavo could you please try deleting and readding a fresh copy of the /vendor folder to see if this assists.

@WHMCS ChrisD That didn't work I also reinstalled the includes directory

I tried creating level 1 and 2 tax percentage, but still no change still says the exact same stack trace

Edited by hanstavo

@WHMCS ChrisD I even tried complete reinstall I dont understand WHAT IS HAPPENING???

I didnt reinstall the templates though. or hooks although I did remove hooks to see if it was in a hook....It wasnt!

I tried purging both site cache and browser cache

Edited by hanstavo

17 hours ago, hanstavo said:

I didn't reinstall the templates though. or hooks although I did remove hooks to see if it was in a hook....It wasn't!

you haven't said whether you're using a custom template and/or orderform templates - if you haven't already, you should test this with clean, unaltered versions of both Six and Standard Cart for your WHMCS version.

any addons installed that could be contributing to this ?

this might be one for you to open a ticket with Support and let them have a closer look at your setup - it could be any number of things causing this, but you've already seemingly ruled out some of the more obvious ones... you've already started two threads on this, but they will need to see what you're seeing before anyone can help!

5 hours ago, brian! said:

you haven't said whether you're using a custom template and/or orderform templates - if you haven't already, you should test this with clean, unaltered versions of both Six and Standard Cart for your WHMCS version.

any addons installed that could be contributing to this ?

this might be one for you to open a ticket with Support and let them have a closer look at your setup - it could be any number of things causing this, but you've already seemingly ruled out some of the more obvious ones... you've already started two threads on this, but they will need to see what you're seeing before anyone can help!

Sorry I forgot to include that. I am not using any new modules that is mew since it was working. I am using a modified version of standard cart. And a customized template I got from the whmcs marketplace (supreme host) by zomex. Thank you for your reply.

11 hours ago, hanstavo said:

Sorry I forgot to include that. I am not using any new modules that is mew since it was working. I am using a modified version of standard cart. And a customized template I got from the whmcs marketplace (supreme host) by zomex. Thank you for your reply.

In that case, can you switch to the default templates (Standard Cart and Six) and see if the issue persists? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Alistair
      Our new range of free WHMCS hosting templates are available to download now!
      Each template is fully responsive and includes multiple content page layouts, as well as being fully integrated with the latest version of WHMCS software:
      Flex Host - Free WHMCS Template Flow Host - Free WHMCS Template These templates are provided free of charge for demonstration and evaluation purposes only.
      We hope you enjoy them – if you have any comments, please be sure to let us know!
    • By WGS
      Hello All, 

We are glad to announce a big upgrade i.e. V5.0.0 of our WHMCS OVH module. We are getting regular feedback from our customers to upgrade our module. Based on the feedback of the customers we have improvised the module in every possible way to make it the best server management module when it comes to OVH, SoYouStart and Kimsufi.

Here is what we have introduced in the new V 5.0.0:
      Now admin can auto-provision Dedicated Servers.  Fully Redesigned Client Area Section Introduced Updated Admin Area You can now set Additional IP's Margins The module is fully compatible with new OVH API's Add 3 new server locations US, UK and Singapore Setup SoYouStart Dedicated Products Manage Products & Config Options Prices from the WHMCS Admin Area The module is compatible with WHMCS 7.8.3  
      There are some improvements in the module as well: 
      The module is compatible with PHP7.3 Enhanced Module Speed Enhanced UI Enhanced Stability The module is fully compatible with HostX WHMCS Theme, ClientX WHMCS Theme, and Lagom WHMCS Theme  

This is how the new Client Area Looks Like: 

Checkout Usage Stats

Access KVM Console from WHMCS Client Area

Manage Server Power Options (Reboot, Reinstall) & Netboot)

Easily Manage FTP

Modify IP Reverse & Buy Additional IP's

View Resources

View More Features of our WGS WHMCS OVH Server Management Module here: https://whmcsglobalservices.com/ovh-soyoustart-whmcs-module/

• By zitu4life
      Hello there
      During pre-releases (BETA and RC1) we detect that new date picker did not updated in some project management section...I have found on 7.8 other issue...is it expected situation or need some updates?
      Steps followed: Create new project and try to edit it and find old calendar.

• By Moster
      I think they update billing system itself with WHMCS API, not the update for the modules API
      I'm 100% sure everything is correct on my side.

That's means you cannot provision accounts. so they release it anyway.
    • By Grizzlyware Josh
      Hello again everyone! Today we're releasing Vendor 2.0 due to popular demand and to keep in line with the fast development pace of WHMCS!
      Do you sell product or license keys? Are you tired of wasting time manually distributing and renewing keys? Sell without lifting a finger using Vendor for WHMCS, automating the distribution of license and product keys.
      Vendor allows you to sell any predefined strings such as license keys, product keys, usernames, passwords and serial numbers to your customers. Simply upload your keys and Vendor will instantly assign keys to the customer when they purchase and pay you via your WHMCS.
      Like all of our WHMCS modules, Vendor is 100% unencrypted and open source. We put a lot of pride into our work and we're not ashamed to show you, at the same time removing the concern about malicious code and a black hole of unmaintained code.
      Primary features:
      Google reCAPTCHA support to help prevent fraud Optional customisable client area template No template changes required Automated distribution of license keys to customers Easily create license 'groups' Assign a custom number of keys to a service from a group Produce 'bundles' that will distribute any number of keys from different groups assigned to one WHMCS service Optional automatic renewal of keys Optional recycling of keys Optional enforcement of unique keys per group Set your own optional welcome and renewal emails to be sent with the keys Complete event logging with admin details Search all keys with WHMCS intelligent search (WHMCS V7.7+) Responsive GUI, written in Vue.js making it lightening fast to use Built in documentation We're reactive developers! Have a feature request? We'll add it quickly, at no extra cost. Read more information about Vendor 2.0 >>
      Thank you for your support as always.
      Josh Bonfield
      Grizzlyware Ltd

We're also currently running a 50% off promotion for the remainder of October!