wellconnit

Client File Access via API

Hi All,

I've written some PHP to extract client files from the WHMCS database because it's not a native API call.

Just opened the thread to share it with anyone who may want to use it.

I'm working on another to update the Last Login details also.

Create the SQL Connection then

Get the Files List - Pass $userID as the clientID - While loop ensures all records are put into the arrary

function getfiles($userID)

{

$conn = new mysqli('DBAddress', 'DBUser', 'DBPW', 'DBName')

$result = $conn->query("SELECT * FROM `tblclientsfiles` WHERE userid = $userID");
    $rows = array();
    while($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) {
        $rows[] = $row;
    }
 return $rows;

}

$filesData = getfiles($userID);

for ($counter = 0; $counter < count($rows); $counter++)
        { 
            $split = explode("_", $filesData[$counter]['filename']);
        echo "<tr><td>" . $split['1'] . "</td><td><a href='WHMCSWebsite/attachments" .$filesData[$counter]['filename']. "'>Download</a></td></tr>";
        }

That should be enough for people to be able to extract the files list and display it through the API.

Was really just showing a bit of an example of how it can be done.

If you'd like to post an example of how you'd make it more secure i'm sure it'd help many of the other users on here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By slsdoug
      I need to move several clients from one whmcs to another. I copied the info to the target whmcs and made the products/services pending. How do I close down the old whmcs client without affecting the website and files? Both whmcs are on the same server.
    • By wellconnit
      Hi All,
      Has anyone successfully worked out a way to generate a forgotten password email from the WHMCS API?

It's all good to be able to login to the system but if the user has forgotten their password it's pointless getting them to sign into the WHMCS version of the site when you're using the API to make sure they don't hit that site in the first place?
      It seems strange that this isn't native to WHMCS already as it aligns with the login process of the normal page?
      Any help with this is greatly appreciated..

Thanks!
    • By wellconnit
      Hi All,
      Does anyone know if it is possible to make a payment through a custom gateway from outside the WHMCS system?
      I want to let users pay with a credit card using my custom payment gateway through my own website rather than the WHMCS website, since the API does not have any function built in for payment of invoices from the remote API I was going to try and reference the payment gateway file directly. Is there a clean way to pass through the variables that the payment gateway is looking for or should I $_POST the variables and then just overwrite whatever the gateway file is looking for so that I don't need to change the gateway code that currently functions?
      Not sure if I will have to manually run the remote API command to AddInvoicePayment to the system depending on whether it is processed or not.
      Thinking about it like that could this be seen as a functional way of completing a payment?
      If someone has a cleaner/simpler solution I'd be happy to hear it?
      Thanks in advance
    • By wellconnit
      Hi All,
      I've been looking for a while to find a solution to how I can display users files in a remote API session.
      Just wondering if anyone has any experience accessing the database across the remote API, I'd rather not write into the page credentials to access the DB, as secure as it may be.
      As the API seems to have a few gaps in functionality, I'm planning on running
      SELECT * FROM `tblclientsfiles` WHERE userid = apiuserid   Which will give me the information I need to display links to each of the files and their titles.   Any help or examples on how to interface with the DB is much appreciated.
    • By wellconnit
      Hi Guys,

A much asked for feature over the last few years for API users has been the ability to retrieve PDF Invoices from the system.

I stumbled across a link from The Wandering System Admin who has done a great job at dissecting the system and getting it to spit out a PDF invoice. (http://thewanderingsysadmin.net/?p=35)
      However I'm having a bit of trouble getting it working.
      I've created the request and passed it $username,$password & a static invoice ID of 10 however I'm getting a response of, 
      I've created the api request file in /includes/api/genpdffile.php however it's still not working.

Happy to drop the working code once I get it, because I know a few people are looking for it on here, and WHMCS support are yet to implement this natively.

Thanks to anyone with any ideas.
      Anyone can follow the ticket if they want to keep updated on the issue.