Blank page after updating: Loaded English Language Files

I just did the upgrade from 7.4.2 to 7.5 on a system running PHP 7.0 and Ioncube Loader 10.1.0-22.17. I did have to upgrade Ioncube Loader prior to running the automatic upgrade, because I was using an older version. The upgrade said it completed successfully, and there were no error messages; however, now when I try to log on to WHMCS, I get a white screen with only this:

Starting
Loaded English Language File
Loaded Other Language Files

and then nothing. There are no error messages in the error logs, and no errors in the file where WHMCS is installed. Naturally, since I get nothing when I log in, I can't go into Setup -> General -> Other, and tick the box to display errors. I've tried clearing my cache, closed my browser completely and restarted, but all I can do is log in and then get the same screen.

I used phpMyAdmin to go into tblconfiguration and set DisplayErrors to 1, but I don't get any error output on the page.

I've gone through the list of articles on the troubleshooting page, and none seem to apply.

Edited by linux4me

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the quick reply. There was indeed an adminlangupdate.php file in the /admin/lang folder. I deleted it, and got the admin UI back. Thanks for the quick reply!

I wish I could edit the original post to give it a more specific title and tags so others can find this. Please feel free to do so if you can.

Edited by linux4me

• WHMCS John changed the title to Blank page after updating: Loaded English Language Files
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the auto-update, got the same linux4me error on my broswer.

Removed the /lang/adminlanguupdate.php but did not fix the issue.

Now instead of only Arabic to Turkish languages on the screen, it list all of them, and do not give me the login. 
Did all the refresh and delete cache think of course.

any other idea?

Tks.