WHMCS ChrisD

How are you using our new HipChat & Slack intergrations?

Which integration are you using?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which integration are you using?

• HipChat
    • Slack
    • Custom

HipChat & Slack Notifications

In WHMCS v7.4 we introduced Notifications which allow you to trigger Slack or HipChat notifications on a set of triggers, so we thought we'd see how you are using it and how it's helped you to stay more informed, share your experiences and tips below!

HipChat isnt working for me, but notifications is an awesome start, my team uses HipChat every day.

Hi @JakeyPrime,

I'm sorry to hear the notifications aren't working for you via Hipchat.

Please check the configuration steps for Hipchat here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Configuring_Notifications_with_HipChat

Info about creating the notification rules is located at https://docs.whmcs.com/Notifications

When an action takes place which you would expect to trigger a notification, do you see any error in the Utilities > Logs > Activity Log?

Or if you enable the Utilities > Logs > Module Debug Log, reproduce the problem, what do you see recorded therein?

On 3/20/2018 at 7:00 PM, WHMCS John said:

Hi @JakeyPrime,

I'm sorry to hear the notifications aren't working for you via Hipchat.

Please check the configuration steps for Hipchat here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Configuring_Notifications_with_HipChat

Info about creating the notification rules is located at https://docs.whmcs.com/Notifications

When an action takes place which you would expect to trigger a notification, do you see any error in the Utilities > Logs > Activity Log?

Or if you enable the Utilities > Logs > Module Debug Log, reproduce the problem, what do you see recorded therein?

I have checked the logs, and nothing seems to be happening. I turned the logging on, and it makes an entry into the tab, saying that it's added, but there's literally zero info in the actual debug column. I think it may be due to the fact that HipChat server is no longer supported? Which is still what most of the IT scene are using nowadays that still use HipChat.

There's 3 version, HipChat server, HipChat Data Center, and HipChat cloud. HipChat cloud is becoming stride, HipChat server is no longer actively being worked on, and HipChat data center is remaining. But for my team of 20 sysadmins and programmers, we don't need a 32GB dedicated machine just for a chat software, so we use HipChat server. Hopefully I can get it fixed, or support can be added, WHMCS is the front of our business, and HipChat is the core, it would be lovely to have them work together properly. 

WHMCS also accepts the URL that I give it, but when I try to pick a room in the notification creation wizard, it lists no rooms, when there's many of them, even public. When I provide my URL to add HipChat, but with HTTPS format, it lists "unknown error occured" and that's when it makes the blank entry in the module log on behalf of hipchat.

I'm lost on what to do, and I can't even fix it because it's all closed source. Other billing panels have support for it, and I really want to use WHMCS, it's so beautiful and functional. Other solutions just let us down. 

Slack is working very well and consistently for us.

We would not live without!

Thanks,

Brad

Slack for me, it's great. Wouldn't use anything else, but it's nice there are other integrations too.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By HardSoftCode
      In today’s digital day and age, customers are constantly expecting new ways of interacting with your brand and business. Clickatell SMS Platform is a powerful, fully scalable communication system that enables you to manage your business communication more effectively. With an infrastructure covering over 220 territories and 1 000+ networks, your business can now connect with customers in every corner of the world.
      The unofficial Clickatell notifications module for WHMCS give you the ability to receive notifications with a setting rules that you can setup from the notifications section in WHMCS admin area. From the notifications section you can create a new notification rule form there you can select a rule name and choose an event also you may select multiple events within any given event category for example ticket,invoice,order,service,domain and API. You can apply some conditions to the notification to restrict when the rule is executed.
      To start using the Clickatell notifications module you need to register at Clickatell website https://www.clickatell.com and create an API Key to enter in the Clickatell notifications module also you need to create a google URL shortener API key this feature will shorting the URL and reduces the use of text in SMS message. You can add a recipient numbers and separate multiple numbers with a comma.
      View The Product Page
      View All Our Works And Products

• By HostT
      WHMCS Pushover (pushover.net) Notifications

Author: Myles McNamara (get@smyl.es)
      Description

This is an addon module for WHMCS (whmcs.com) to send push notifications using the Pushover API.

Currently the only working feature is high priority notification for a new support ticket being opened. There are many other features and configurable options planned which are listed below.

This release is still in beta stages so use at your own risk. Tested working on WHMCS 5.2.1 and WHMCS 5.3.1 Beta.
      Screenshots

Features

View Features and Status on GitHub:
      https://github.com/tripflex/whmcs-pushover

Got an idea? Stick a fork in it, send a pull request, open a new issue, or email me!

Installation

Download latest release, and copy the entire modules directory to your root WHMCS installation.

Login to WHMCS Admin area, Setup >> Addon Modules, then activate "Pushover Notifications".

Once you activate the addon module, click on Configure, enter your user key from Pushover (pushover.net), select Access Control, click Save Changes, and profit!

• By ChrisASPnix
      The Pushover Addon for WHMCS allows your WHMCS installation to send push notifications to clients who use the Pushover application on their mobile devices! Notify your clients instantly with Pushover’s push notifications!

With our Addon module, your clients will be able to receive push notifications to the mobile device through the Pushover API and mobile client. Receive notifications for new invoices, refunds, past due invoices, new tickets, new ticket responses, suspensions and more!

Features

Send push notifications directly to your client’s subscribed mobile devices
      Client’s who subscribe are instantly notified for new invoices, paid invoices, refunds, cancellations, new ticket responses, suspensions and more
      Expand your customer support by offering a modern notification method

Additionally

WHMCS 5.3 support
      Lifetime valid license
      Lifetime support
      Discounted annual support and maintenance fee

For more information and purchasing options, please see https://aspnix.com/whmcs-modules-development/pushover-addon-for-whmcs/

Thank you!
    • By bigideaguy
      WHMCS Slack allows you to post automatic updates to Slack when events happen in your WHMCS installation you can have an unlimited number of events and an unlimited number of channels. You can even post the same event to multiple channels but with a different message if you would like to.

The addon uses WHMCS hooks to post to slack when things happen. The following hooks are available in version 1.0:

AddInvoiceLateFee
      AddInvoicePayment
      AddTransaction
      AdminAreaViewQuotePage
      InvoiceCancelled
      InvoiceChangeGateway
      InvoiceCreated
      InvoicePaid
      InvoicePaymentReminder
      InvoiceRefunded
      InvoiceSplit
      InvoiceUnpaid
      LogTransaction
      ManualRefund
      QuoteCreated
      QuoteStatusChange
      acceptQuote
      AcceptOrder
      AddonFraud
      AfterShoppingCartCheckout
      CancelOrder
      DeleteOrder
      FraudOrder
      PendingOrder
      RunFraudCheck
      ShoppingCartValidateDomain
      AdminServiceEdit
      CancellationRequest
      ServiceDelete
      ServiceRecurringCompleted
      AfterModuleChangePackage
      AfterModuleChangePassword
      TicketAdminReply
      TicketClose
      TicketOpen
      TicketStatusChange
      TicketUserReply

When editing a hook you can add a channel and the message format you want to post to that channel.

Purchase the addon for only $9.99 via our website at http://anveto.com/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=37

Purchase the addon without the encoding in order to make your own modifications for $49.99 at http://anveto.com/members/cart.php?a=add&pid=38