Can't remove Change Password from module

robetus

I've created a provisioning module for v7.3.0 and I'm using the following to remove the Change Password button from the Module Command area in admin but it isn't working:

add_hook('ClientAreaPrimarySidebar', 1, function(MenuItem $primarySidebar)
{
    if(null !== $primarySidebar->getChild('Service Details Actions'))
    {
            $primarySidebar->getChild('Service Details Actions')
            ->removeChild('Change Password');
    }
});

Why isn't this working? It looks right to me.

it would work as a pure hook, but remember...

https://developers.whmcs.com/hooks/module-hooks/

Hook files are only detected at the time a module is activated and configured. If you add your hook file after the module has already been activated, you may need to deactivate and reactivate your module in order for WHMCS to recognise it.

When you say pure hook you mean inside /includes/hooks correct? It didn't work there either. Again no errors, just not working. I also place it inside the hooks.php file inside the module and it didn't work. This module is not an addon module so there is nothing to activate.

4 hours ago, robetus said:

I'm using the following to remove the Change Password button from the Module Command area in admin but it isn't working:

ok, just noticed you're trying to use a client area hook in the admin area.. that's never going to work...

it might be useful to see a screenshot of what you're seeing and where this button is.

• 4 months later...