Removal of logo

garyw75

Chalk me up as one that is extremely unhappy with this. We print new order notifications and give them to our clients in person. So our clients see these "admin only" notifications, and no way to remove this junk.

You could simply print the invoice PDF, as shown from the client area, but why print it at all? That's just wasting paper.

• 3 months later...
# grep -rl whmcs_email_footer.png .

./templates_c/333343768b083d2ab2d385d312ec9d1a^652e3de8ff57f412acf7c0a8dadc70dc1a7637b6_0.mailMessage.message.php

Does editing this File not solve the Problem?

no, this file is automatically generated by smarty, most of time it used once and new file will be generated if there is different content

• 3 weeks later...

Let me register here, this is what I sent WHMCS:

We have been using WHMCS for 8 years. This is wrong on many many levels:

1. Do you think hosting companies (your customers) are this stupid?

2. This is clearly false advertising as we paid for a No Branding license, the

very fact that the admin area allows removal of the WHMCS logo and powered by are

proof that that should extend to all aspects of the program, some marketing you

guys think you are doing here, I mean come on really???

Please get this fixed ASAP, I am SURE I am not the only one to bring this up!

- - - Updated - - -

This move doesn't give any value to WHMCS. Someone in their marketing department is

trying to hoodwink an investor or something. The only purpose it serves is to upset

long standing hosting clients who know better and don't need WHMCS advertising to them

because they ARE ALREADY USING IT and know all about it!

Everyone should complain so this marketing rat gets sniffed out and perhaps will be for

the overall good of WHMCS and even the development cycle. So please, consider it your

duty to open a support ticket on this!

Don't be surprised if anyone sharing how it's done winds up in trouble as "breaking licensing" or something of that nature. I'm unhappy they're deciding on this even for unbranded licenses, but as long as it doesn't then "accidentally" wind up in customer emails also, it is what it is.

We're in no way trying to convince anyone it's something we built ourselves, but we paid for non branding so only our name is shown to clients. Advertising should never be done in branding free versions, anywhere, in my opinion. I still don't see what possible gain there is to this for WHMCS. We already own the license; we don't need reminding of the product we bought.

To paraphrase my first encounter with a marketing guru (don't forget the broken english accent) "they will care about the money"!

Unfortunately very, very true.

...well I had enough of the WHMCS nonsense, though I only have less than 2 year experience with WHMCS.

Their support is very, very poor. I think the best English word which described it is "abysmal".

They don't give a damn about the customer. I reported a bug 8-9 months ago and everytime they answered that it would be fixed in the next release. Well guess what. It never got fixed at all. And there are a ton of other examples as well, but I am not wasting my time anymore.

The only positive thing about WHMCS is one simple, but great guy called: "brian!"

He is the best thing which ever happened to WHMCS. Without him, WHMCS would be completely useless...

They should appoint him CEO or whatever of WHMCS. That would improve many, many things. But wishful thinking I guess.

Anyways, my boss had enough of the WHMCS nonsense. We cannot even upgrade to v7 (not that we want to either). because of all the custom work we had done to WHMCS to make it work as it should for us.

Since that was clearly now money in the drain. He contacted several developers who have done a lot of custom work for us, to create something fresh and new, just for us.

Sure it will costs us, but in the end it will be cheaper than WHMCS clearly. You are now paying 18.95 USD for a semi-unbranded version. And with their new pricing regime, it will become more and more expensive. Give the current and the new pricing. We will have a better and more shaped solution for our personal use. Not to mention it will become cheaper after only 3 years in comparison with WHMCS.

Obviously we are still using WHMCS for the time being as the development needs some serious time. But hey, v6 isn't dead yet and we paid (dearly) for it. So...

All in all; we are extremely, extremely disappointed in WHMCS, Matt, and their so-called support. It was a complete waste of time and money these past 2 years.

I sincerly doubt that at this rate we will see WHMCS being still here in 3 years at all at this rate.

Just my 2 cents...

Unfortunately very, very true.

...well I had enough of the WHMCS nonsense, though I only have less than 2 year experience with WHMCS.

Anyways, my boss had enough of the WHMCS nonsense. We cannot even upgrade to v7 (not that we want to either). because of all the custom work we had done to WHMCS to make it work as it should for us.

Since that was clearly now money in the drain. He contacted several developers who have done a lot of custom work for us, to create something fresh and new, just for us.

Well writing a complete hosting platform that does everything WHMCS is doing for us today is quite an undertaking. We still have the software

we developed years ago running with legacy clients. It still works, we add features to it every once in a while but if we had kept it on a par

with the likes of WHMCS it would have required MUCH MUCH more attention. So make sure you count those costs, because from your last missive it

seems you may have missed a few parameters! ;)

WHMCS back in the day was always cold but never abysmal, and that was mostly Matt doing the support, he rocks but these days he is most likely

entangled with corporate or out on a yacht somewhere, where he *should* be!

When I contact support, if it is something I need to actually ask about, it is usually 2 or 3 back and forth before I can get an answer which

actually is a bit better than the average out there, these companies leave so much opportunity for the young upstarts!

At any rate I hope everyone raises a ticket for the branding issue as I really really believe it is only to WHMCS's detriment to have it

and that rat needs to be uncovered that did it (I would have to swallow something if it were Matt that did that, really really doubt it).

Well writing a complete hosting platform that does everything WHMCS is doing for us today is quite an undertaking. We still have the software

we developed years ago running with legacy clients. It still works, we add features to it every once in a while but if we had kept it on a par

with the likes of WHMCS it would have required MUCH MUCH more attention. So make sure you count those costs, because from your last missive it

seems you may have missed a few parameters! ;)

Well we don't use any kind automation service within WHMCS, which is 70%.

So we are pretty sure we didn't miss a thing. Heck, we don't use the billing system either. I think we were plain stupid 2 years ago to go for WHMCS. But it really "looked" great back then. Now we know better... Anyways; we decided to go this new route. Hopefully sooner than later. I am tired of dealing with WHMCS in general.

WHMCS back in the day was always cold but never abysmal, and that was mostly Matt doing the support, he rocks but these days he is most likely

entangled with corporate or out on a yacht somewhere, where he *should* be!

...or he simply doesn't care anymore either. If he did care, you would notice him around somewhere actively.

When I contact support, if it is something I need to actually ask about, it is usually 2 or 3 back and forth before I can get an answer which

actually is a bit better than the average out there, these companies leave so much opportunity for the young upstarts!

Well in those 2 years I never had a solid response. Other than; search the forums, sorry no support for this or file a request. I am tired of this kind of support. But, like I said; it doesn't matter anymore. We are done with WHMCS in general. Just letting it runs it course, until the developers are finished with our new system. More realiable, way better support and they actually do listen! They say; let us take a look if we can find a workaround, instead of "No, this is not possible".

At any rate I hope everyone raises a ticket for the branding issue as I really really believe it is only to WHMCS's detriment to have it

and that rat needs to be uncovered that did it (I would have to swallow something if it were Matt that did that, really really doubt it).

I did several times and several others, but they said it's not being removed *ever* and it's there to stay. Also it's hardcoded and it's their new policy. And there are quite a few more changes coming next year to WHMCS. So be prepared. That's also one of the reasons that we are ditching WHMCS! :P;)

Anyways, I got other things to do than waste my time with and on WHMCS. I wish you all the best, wisdom and "luck" with WHMCS!

The only positive thing about WHMCS is one simple, but great guy called: "brian!"

have I just been called "simple" ? lol, no worries, I know what you meant! :lol:

I would have to swallow something if it were Matt that did that, really really doubt it.

you really only have 3 conclusions with this...

1. it was Matt's idea or he at least signed off on it being implemented.
  2. Matt is totally unaware that it's been added.
  3. Matt is aware but powerless to change it.

I really really doubt it's 3 - and from what i've learned about WHMCS over the years, neither of the first two would surprise me. :roll:

• WHMCS Support Manager
Well in those 2 years I never had a solid response. Other than; search the forums, sorry no support for this or file a request. I am tired of this kind of support.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you've had anything less than an excellent experience with our technical support. We are here to help you with installing, configuring, using and troubleshooting problems with the WHMCS software 24/7. We can also advise what is and isn't possible, and always try and suggest an alternative or a way you might achieve your goals using the available customisation tools (API, action hooks, custom modules).

If your goals cannot be achieved by a configuration of the software or a reasonable customisation, then I would expect support to point you towards our channel for providing feedback and suggestions directly to the development team: http://requests.whmcs.com

This site helps us gauge the most demanded features and is one - but not the sole - method we use to set our roadmap for the software. We also use feedback received directly from customers online and face-to-face at the many public events we attend around the world.

If this is not your experience with our support, then I invite you to please PM the ticket ID(s) to me where your expectations weren't met. I will be pleased to review them to see how we can do better in future.

We also use feedback received directly from customers online

Any chance of addressing the complaints and direct feedback in this thread, then?

Perhaps you could speak up about the reasoning to include this email branding, and not apparently consider undoing it. Help us understand.

• 1 month later...

I saw the logo in the footer in my no-branded license, well i did not like it but had no time to write.

For many years i have an unbranded WHMCS

Today a customer called me and mention that was a rumor that my company was bought by WHMCS and they showed

the footer with whmcs logo as proof

I had to do some explaning that it was the accounting program etc... but the rumor has spread in Colombia.

Well guys you have to think placing a logo in companies that pay for unbranded can affect us, and if affect our companies

we will stat looking for alternatives, and will not recommend WHMCS to our colleagues.

Dont get me wrong I do like Whmcs, but forcing a logo in the customer documents can make our customers loose trust on our companies.

Hope you guys take this in consideration now there are competitors out there looking for whmcs faitfull customers.

------

• 6 years later...