Removal of logo

garyw75

WHMCS seem to think we want there logo and links in all our emails after an upgrade. As much as we love the software bugger off with your advertising.

We have being paying for an unbranded license for about 5 years and today after updating to 6.3.0 we find there branding back in.

All emails have a new footer containing a WHMC logo and a link to their homepage.

The logo is hosted remotely at:

cdn.whmcs.com/images/whmcs_email_footer.png

We have searched high and low for the html code that produces this link / email template

Can anyone offer some advise. I have grepped the server, even searched for some base64 wizardry that might be hiding their code but I am not having much luck.

Any help would be appreciated

I don't have v6.3.0 installed, but, out of interest, is there an entry in setup -> general settings -> mail -> Client Email Footer Content ?

assuming it isn't hard-coded somewhere, that would be the first place i'd look...

if it's not there, might be worth posting in Bug Reports or opening a ticket with support - there's no guarantee that someone from WHMCS will see the post otherwise.

It's in our support emails as well after the upgrade to 6.3.1

I too, looked for the html code, but couldn't find it. I'd like it removed as well. It looks bad and is confusing to customers to see the branded WHMCS logo on the bottom of our emails.

There's also a link to login to the admin area of WHMCS which is bad to have in a support email.

interestingly, I still don't see that - but this is on a clean v6.3.1 dev installation with new database, so not an upgrade from a previous version and database.

if I create a support ticket, it seems to use the footer code from setup -> general settings -> mail -> Client Email Footer Content - this footer was added automatically on installation... i'm not seeing any WHMCS logos or admin links - except in the cron job activity email, but I think that is (or certainly was) hard-coded anyway and not using a template.

they haven't updated the WHMCS demo yet to v6.3.1, so that's not an option to test - it might be worth opening a ticket with support to see if this is an issue caused during the upgrade process.

I'm actually seeing it on all admin emails including support tickets.

As it's only admin emails I'm not to worried about it but of course it's nicer not to have branding and there isn't much benefit to WHMCS having their logo in admin emails seeing as we all have already purchased and are paying for the software.

I'm actually seeing it on all admin emails including support tickets.

As it's only admin emails I'm not to worried about it but of course it's nicer not to have branding and there isn't much benefit to WHMCS having their logo in admin emails seeing as we all have already purchased and are paying for the software.

We agree with this. We already paid so why would our company need to see this? all it does is confuse our support staff

after making some enquiries about this with WHMCS, I can confirm that it was an intentional decision on their part to make this change.

I understand that senior people at WHMCS are fully aware of this thread - but any complaints should be directed to support... if you want this changed, then I think that's going to be the only practical avenue to take... perhaps if enough users do, they'll change their minds and remove it from v6.3.2 when it's released in June (or whenever)... but I doubt it. :)

looking at it from the outside, it seems a strange decision - logically, I would have thought either using the existing css used for client email templates or adding an admin template styling option so the admin emails could be styled as the owner wants them would make much more sense... this seems neither one thing or another. :roll:

I can confirm that it was an intentional decision on their part to make this change.

To what possible gain or end was that decision made, I wonder. I'd never concerned myself with the admin area being exempt from being included in the paid branding free license (though I definitely disagreed with it being appropriate or necessary), but to include *any* advertising/branding in emails also is overstepping, even if only (for now) staff emails.

Frustrating.

To what possible gain or end was that decision made, I wonder.

it's strange that it's calling an image from the WHMCS servers - I would have thought it would have been better, if they *have* to put an image in the footer, to use an image from the local installation, e.g put the image in the "images" folder and then have the image URL use that... then if we wanted to change the image to a more appropriate company logo, or blank image, we could.

either they never thought of that, or there is a reason they just plonked the remotely hosted WHMCS logo in there as default - "Frustating" just about covers it... :roll:

I did notice this as well, but couldn't be annoyed by it, until I noticed in some cases it prints that line on a 2nd (blank) page.

Yes, we print all of our orders. So it's quite pointless and a waste to have a page 2 with only those two links and a WHMCS logo.

I already created a support ticket for this.

Well apparently WHMCS doesn't care about the environment. They are not going to remove the forced logo and text line.

So now, when we print our orders we always have 2 pages (one of them being blank and only contains their logo and footer text).

WHMCS is really going downhill... fast. Sigh.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the logo it's not a deal breaker for admin notices. Got used that in cPanel emails ;)

But not caring for environment? Really?!

Who's the one not caring by printing it out in the first place! But really you can just opt to print one page in the print dialog instead of all pages.

Surely there are more important things to care about.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the logo it's not a deal breaker for admin notices. Got used that in cPanel emails ;)

But not caring for environment? Really?!

Who's the one not caring by printing it out in the first place! But really you can just opt to print one page in the print dialog instead of all pages.

Surely there are more important things to care about.

It's just annoying; we print normally about 40 - 60 orders a day. 80% of them has a blank 2nd page with the useless WHMCS footer. It doesn't add any usefulness to it either. Anyways ofcourse we can select to print only 1 page. But this only causes more work. Every order is different, if a customer adds notes to his order we have to check if the 2nd page is blank. Obviously this causes extra work.

The WHMCS logo in the admin panel should have been enough.

But it doesn't matter anymore I found a solution to remove it completely. :)

...not thanks to WHMCS though and probably they won't like the method either. :P

It's just annoying; we print normally about 40 - 60 orders a day. 80% of them has a blank 2nd page with the useless WHMCS footer. It doesn't add any usefulness to it either. Anyways ofcourse we can select to print only 1 page. But this only causes more work. Every order is different, if a customer adds notes to his order we have to check if the 2nd page is blank. Obviously this causes extra work.

...not thanks to WHMCS though and probably they won't like the method either. :P

where exactly this logo is I can't find it anywhere? :(

I mean all of my emails does not include it!

It's in the 'New Order Notification' emails, though ours is modified (as you know). And we also use it in case of proof of ordering when a customer says that they never placed an order.

//edit

Screenshot here:

whmcs_logo.jpg

Edited by MvdL1979

We have been using WHMCS since 2006. 10 years and now they want to brand admin emails. Unreal. Please enlighten us on how you were able to get rid of the branding.

We have been using WHMCS since 2006. 10 years and now they want to brand admin emails. Unreal. Please enlighten us on how you were able to get rid of the branding.
Don't be surprised if anyone sharing how it's done winds up in trouble as "breaking licensing" or something of that nature. I'm unhappy they're deciding on this even for unbranded licenses, but as long as it doesn't then "accidentally" wind up in customer emails also, it is what it is.

We're in no way trying to convince anyone it's something we built ourselves, but we paid for non branding so only our name is shown to clients. Advertising should never be done in branding free versions, anywhere, in my opinion. I still don't see what possible gain there is to this for WHMCS. We already own the license; we don't need reminding of the product we bought.

Well I cannot share it for obvious reasons, but it's possible.

This is how our emails look like. For your information; we are using a heavily modified version of WHMCS (custom development work done by 2 different parties) and therefor we actually use the admin email (Order Notification Email) for our and customer reference (as a proof of purchase). We also don't use the invoicing/billing system within WHMCS. So the removal of the WHMCS logo from this email was a must.

As stated by 'bear', it should have been enough to place the logo everywhere in the admin control panel. They have should left the emails alone.

Anyways, here is how the bottom part of the admin email looks after the modification:

no_whmcs.jpg

We kept the grey bar (18px) because it looks good and adds some class to it.

Apparently there will be more WHMCS logo changes coming soon. Just be prepared to see the logo coming up every where in future releases.....

I can only recommend others to create a support ticket at WHMCS and show your dissatisfaction with the enforced WHMCS logo (and links) in the admin emails.

They won't listen (= ignore) to a single person, but they will listen if multiple tickets are created about this item.

Don't be surprised if anyone sharing how it's done winds up in trouble as "breaking licensing" or something of that nature. I'm unhappy they're deciding on this even for unbranded licenses, but as long as it doesn't then "accidentally" wind up in customer emails also, it is what it is.

We're in no way trying to convince anyone it's something we built ourselves, but we paid for non branding so only our name is shown to clients. Advertising should never be done in branding free versions, anywhere, in my opinion. I still don't see what possible gain there is to this for WHMCS. We already own the license; we don't need reminding of the product we bought.

I couldn't agree with you more. We already paid for an unbranded version so why do we need to be reminded that we already bought this license.

• 2 months later...
I couldn't agree with you more. We already paid for an unbranded version so why do we need to be reminded that we already bought this license.

Chalk me up as one that is extremely unhappy with this. We print new order notifications and give them to our clients in person. So our clients see these "admin only" notifications, and no way to remove this junk.