Live Help by Stardevelop updated - available?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 6.1 ours stopped working, we had Stardevelop and WHMCS troubleshoot it woth no luck we were given a case number but was told they only had one other person with that issue after hours of work. We ended up switching our Live Chat owned license over to the licensing addon. I'd have to agree that the livechat addon for whmcs is a great idea but it just doesn't work as good as it should. Im sure someone has made a freeware livechat that is more stable just without the whmcs integration (which was buggy anyway).

Update

After looking at tawk.to and using it for about an hour I would have to change my statement to "some has made a better freeware version".

Edited by Sliffer21
Added Details

My team has been playing with it for about 48 hours now and love it. It is very simple to customize the live chat tab and it is way better than StarDevelops version even without the WHMCS integration with the client database their addon for WHMCS makes it easy to integrate the chat tab on all WHMCS pages.

Maybe WHMCS should get with the for a custom branded one and integrated. Although I don't think it would be worth $80 after seeing how many features the free version has. I'd pay $30 or so to see it integrated in with WHMCS as far as being able to pull up some client details inside the desktop and web clients with a little client info in the mobile clients. If Tawk.rto wanted to make a little money on the side off their free version I am sure a addon for WHMCS that ports WHMCS feature over would be a good optional addon that a lot of us would pay for.

My team has been playing with it for about 48 hours now and love it. It is very simple to customize the live chat tab and it is way better than StarDevelops version even without the WHMCS integration with the client database their addon for WHMCS makes it easy to integrate the chat tab on all WHMCS pages.

Maybe WHMCS should get with the for a custom branded one and integrated. Although I don't think it would be worth $80 after seeing how many features the free version has. I'd pay $30 or so to see it integrated in with WHMCS as far as being able to pull up some client details inside the desktop and web clients with a little client info in the mobile clients. If Tawk.rto wanted to make a little money on the side off their free version I am sure a addon for WHMCS that ports WHMCS feature over would be a good optional addon that a lot of us would pay for.

I have tawk.to on all my WHMCS pages, all by just adding the code they provide

6 Months after the release of Chatstack it is still not available for WHMCS customers.

So, WHMCS support prices increased without any official announcement, requested key features are being ignored for months (Translatable products titles and descriptions in core WHMCS), useless and risky unrequested features are being developed (WHMCS Single Sign-on), Licensed add-ons are mostly outdated and also ignored...

It starts to look alike the Modernbill golden ages...

After using Tawk.to for awhile go for it for free instead of the live chat plugin, granted it doesn't have admin integration with WHMCS the client end is a lot better and more stable. I even suggested they work on an admin integration with WHMCS and charge like $30 for it and they said it was one of their more popular requests that they are looking into but it sounds like it will be for free too. Check out their story as why it is free because it's really good and worth a license fee even though they refused to charge for it.

After using Tawk.to for awhile go for it for free instead of the live chat plugin, granted it doesn't have admin integration with WHMCS the client end is a lot better and more stable. I even suggested they work on an admin integration with WHMCS and charge like $30 for it and they said it was one of their more popular requests that they are looking into but it sounds like it will be for free too. Check out their story as why it is free because it's really good and worth a license fee even though they refused to charge for it.

It's free because they have their plan(s)!

• 5 months later...
Except that's a pretty generic post, doesn't exactly say what's updated, or answer the question of this being the latest version or not.

you're not suggesting that a WHMCS blog post contains more spin than substance are you! :lol:

the only reason I posted the link was in case anyone subscribed to this thread hadn't seen there was an update available - it's up to them to ask questions of sales/support before they buy/upgrade if WHMCS don't give out the details themselves. :idea:

but looking at the changelog, there are only 3 specific bug fixes apart from the "new features"...

• LIVECHAT-5910 - Add chat button screen tips to language files
  • LIVECHAT-5920 - Auto-fill name and email for logged-in clients
  • LIVECHAT-5921 - Display direct admin links in Windows app when chat initiated by a logged-in client

you also have to love that it's clearly priced in Marketplace @ $6.95 - implying it's a one-off charge... but that's the monthly price (as stated in the forum/blog post) - someone clearly didn't think that bit through when designing Marketplace. :roll: