What is a GearHead? - New, Exclusive User Rank Added!

Infopro

What is a GearHead?

A GearHead is a member of the community forums who is a champion of the WHMCS software.

This individual possesses a high technical aptitude for WHMCS problem solving, is helpful, and can often be found on our forums selflessly assisting other WHMCS Administrators during their pursuit of providing World Class Web Hosting for the masses.

How does one become a GearHead?

A GearHead is hand picked by the WHMCS staff. We look for individuals who are long standing activists in the community, courteous to other members, always providing technical insight and advice, and generally helping to make our forums a better place to learn, troubleshoot, and advance.

If you’ve been doing this already, don’t worry - we’ve noticed. You may see a GearHead Badge under your name, forum-wide, soon enough!

Questions, recommendations, suggestions?

“Someone has been helping me out recently quite a bit, and I’d like to recommend them to be promoted to GearHead, who do I contact?”

Email The Architect: GearHeadsATwhmcs.com | All recommendations will be given proper consideration.

Honorable Mention:

We would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate the very first forum user to earn this most prestigious rank on the WHMCS Support Forums: Brian!

Brian! joined the WHMCS Forums 1 year ago, on February 27. In the past year he has taken his place on these forums as someone we can all look up to for sound advice, good judgement, and an overall willingness to get involved and help others in the WHMCS Community.

For that, Brian! we thank you. You're a real GearHead!

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Congrats to Both.

Brian i have known for some time now and is always very professional, well spoken and knowledgable, very deserving of this.

Alex i dont know that well, i do have some experience with him over on the oxwall forum and i believe he is much like me well meaning but sometimes misunderstood. But he does a fine job from my experience.

Nice job you two... :)

As for me i would like to apply for the "missing gear" award, where can i fill out the form lol... oh wait i think i just did lol.

Congrats to Both.

Brian i have known for some time now and is always very professional, well spoken and knowledgeable, very deserving of this.

*blushes*

that's the second dose of praise that i've received online in the last two days - and the other wasn't related to WHMCS at all - i'm not sure if my ego can take much more! :lol:

you don't get asked before greatness is thrust upon you (I assume Alex wasn't asked either), and no-one has pushed me directly for any suggestions, but fwiw i'd have said that sentq is the next 'cab off the rank' for GearHead status, probably followed by Kian... though whoever I think could be a GearHead, it doesn't necessarily follow that WHMCS would agree! though i'm sure the powers that be are aware of their contributions to the forum.