Billing: Prepaying for an entire year of hosting

epretorious

We have a month-to-month hosting customer that would like to prepay for an entire year of hosting.

How can I arrange that?

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the "Add Billable Item" feature in the Customer Profile (https://www.example.com/whmcs/admin/clientsbillableitems.php?userid=9999&action=manage) and found the Billable Items help page but I'm still not sure that this is the best / most appropriate way of handling the change.

Ideas? Suggestions?

You can create a Add Funds Invoice for the yearly amount by clicking on Create Add Funds Invoice from the WHMCS admin area client summary screen. When they pay the invoice it will add it as a credit to their account which will automatically pay the monthly invoices.

Or you can change their billing cycle to annually and create a yearly invoice for them.

• 4 weeks later...
You can create a Add Funds Invoice for the yearly amount by clicking on Create Add Funds Invoice from the WHMCS admin area client summary screen. When they pay the invoice it will add it as a credit to their account which will automatically pay the monthly invoices.

The customer's paid the Add Funds Invoice and has a sizable balance but WHMCS has been suspending the service when running the daily cron job (/var/www/vhosts/rocket-powered.com/httpdocs/whmcs/admin/cron.php).

Have I missed something?

If someone choose a package, there is a billing circle that can be choosed from month till annual. Why not choose that, pay and if he wants, change the billing circle before the end of the next due date ?

Thanks, Priestakos: Unfortunately I've got to figure out how to get WHMCS to apply the credit [from the Add Funds Invoice].

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Priestakos: Unfortunately I've got to figure out how to get WHMCS to apply the credit [from the Add Funds Invoice].

FWIW: I've verified that the "Disable Auto Credit Applying" box [setup -> General Settings -> Invoices] is not selected.

Disable Auto Credit Applying - Tick to disable automatically applying credit from a users available credit balance when generating invoices

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

If there's a credit balance when the renewal invoice is generated, the credit will be applied automatically. If the credit is added after the renewal invoice generation then the client or a member of staff will need to do that manually.

Clients will see a red box on the printable invoice, staff can use the "Credit" tab.

The customer's paid the Add Funds Invoice and has a sizable balance but WHMCS has been suspending the service when running the daily cron job (/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/whmcs/admin/cron.php).

Have I missed something?

Hi,

If there's a credit balance when the renewal invoice is generated, the credit will be applied automatically. If the credit is added after the renewal invoice generation then the client or a member of staff will need to do that manually.

Clients will see a red box on the printable invoice, staff can use the "Credit" tab.

Thanks, John:

1. The client paid the Add Funds Invoice a week ago and has a sizable credit balance.
  2. WHMCS has not been generating a new invoice but has been suspending the service when running the daily cron job (/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/whmcs/admin/cron.php). i.e., WHMCS has been suspending their service every day.

What's going on with WHMCS? Why won't WHMCS debit the account?

Edited by epretorious

Either admin or user .... View invoice, click credit :D

(it only auto-applies if the invoice is created after they have credit, not if they add credit after getting the invoice)

Either admin or user .... View invoice, click credit :D

(it only auto-applies if the invoice is created after they have credit, not if they add credit after getting the invoice)

Thanks, Othello:

The Next Due Date for the service is "12/23/2013". The Add Funds Invoice was paid on 12/23/13. WHMCS has not been generating a new invoice but has been suspending the service when running the daily cron job (/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/whmcs/admin/cron.php). i.e., WHMCS has been suspending their service every day.

What's going on with WHMCS? Why won't WHMCS create an invoice? Why won't WHMCS debit the account?

Edited by epretorious

Change frequency on product to annual, tick 'recalc on save' and save

On the client summary tick the box and click invoice-now :)

If someone choose a package, there is a billing circle that can be choosed from month till annual. Why not choose that, pay and if he wants, change the billing circle before the end of the next due date ?

Thanks, guys:

I was able to clear this logjam by....

1. changing the billing cycle [from monthly to annually],
  2. changing the recurring amount [from the montly price to the annual price],
  3. setting the next due date two days into the future,
  4. saving the changes.

This...

1. created a new invoice [for the full, annual amount], and
  2. automatically applied the credit [from the Add Funds Invoice] to the new invoice.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This would suggest an invoice had already been generated for the renewal of the service but had been deleted by a member of staff. WHMCS will never generate a duplicate invoice for the same server on the same due date, so changing the next due date allowed a new invoice to be generated.