Problem with Setup, Email templates, modifying template

Wabun

Hi all,

When modifying the existing Hosting Account Welcome Email, and adding some extra text, it comes back as a blank page when pressing the save button. All text is wiped, doing some research I found out [by trial and error] it doesn't allow more than a certain amount of text to be save to the Database.

I wonder if someone recognises this and knows what could be wrong.

I am able to paste the text back in the MySQL DB manualy, so the DB doesn't seem to have not any problems with any size of text.

Using latest version of WHMcs 5.2.14

PHP version 5.3.27

MySQL version 5.1.70

Edited by Wabun

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

There's no restriction in WHMCS for the maximum amount of text that can be entered in an email template. The theoretical limit is the MySQL Text field type, which is 64kb - so that should be more than enough.

Likely causes might be server configuration related; PHP Post limits, security measures such as mod_security or maybe even an action hook or addon module (located in /includes/hooks and /modules/ directories).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, so far I have discovered that it is related to utf-8 and special characters in the text.

The database is utf-8 but for some reason it is not allowing these special characters.

DB Collation = utf8_general_ci

I have already: $mysql_charset="utf8"; in my configuration.php file

WHMCS Administration > Settings > General Settings > Localization

"System Charset" field value to read "utf-8"

Any one any other suggestions?

Edited by Wabun