Configuration Options Unable to Add or Edit Items

jljubich

I have noted in WHMCS 5.2.10 (and now in 5.2.12) that Configurable Options were unable to add or edit items when there are about 7 in a list. I mean that items can be added or edited in new lists; but, when reaching a determined number of items, they are not able to be added or edited anymore. Did you also note this issue as well?

I had this same issue, a while back. However, I could add up to 72 items, then it wouldn't let me add anymore. I put in a ticket to WHMCS. They said it was not a bug, and responded with the following resolution:

There is no upper limit or restriction in WHMCS as to the maximum number of configurable options or items an invoice can contain. The theoretical maximum is the limit of MySQL which is 2147483647 (similarly, this is the highest invoice ID that can be used).

So to resolve this, first check MySQL Strict mode is disabled and no MySQL error is occurring (by enabling Setup > General Settings > Other tab > MySQL Debug, reproducing the problem and checking Utilities > Logs > Activity Log for an errir). If that's all good then this behaviour will be caused by the server configuration, usually suhosin. Increasing the request.max_vars max, post.max_vars and post.max_array values in the server's suhosin configuration should allow you to add more configurable options. It would also be worth increasing the post_max_size and max_input_vars values in the PHP configuration to eg. 64MB