Free domain and Default Doamin Contact info

3awh

When I first got into Web hosting I had a resellers account and the host offered free domain name for life.

I transfer them a reseller to a Dedicated server. Since the Domain was free they had their name on the domain tech details and had the domain locked so I could not transfer the free domain away. Since I was moving to a new host and register I had to payi the difference for the domain renewal for the year.

Now my question

I was just going over the setting and noticed I did not put my custom DNS in the General Setting >> Domains section I did and after that section there is a section for Billing/Admin/Tech contact details and a box to check

Tick this box to use clients details for the Billing/Admin/Tech contacts

and you fill in all the default details.

Is there a way to have the customer Own the domain with there name and have the Admin and Tech part Our Info 3 Aliens Web Hosting?

and expanding on this question Please explain if I have this wrong the steps I need to do so that the customer doesn't get the free domain and then transfer to another registrar.

thanks

For domain locking different registrars have different features in the WHMCS modules. Some allow the client to lock / unlock the domain themselves, some don't etc... So which module are you using?

I don't think their is a way in the core WHMCS to make the contact details different, its either all in their name or all in yours. If you really want this maybe a custom module can achieve this?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Tick this box to use clients details for the Billing/Admin/Tech contacts

Is there a way to have the customer Own the domain with there name and have the Admin and Tech part Our Info 3 Aliens Web Hosting?

Hi,

Unticking this option will achieve exactly what you want with eNom. It will only affect new domains registered.