Forum Cookies issue

panacheweb

To be clear, when you say, each time, you mean, you can open your browser from a closed position login here and surf the forums just fine, you stay logged no matter what forum page you're on. You could stay here for hours and read hundreds of threads, and you'd stay logged in just fine. And then you close that single browser session. Re-open that same browser, come back here and you're not logged in. Is that it exactly?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be clear, when you say, each time, you mean, you can open your browser from a closed position login here and surf the forums just fine, you stay logged no matter what forum page you're on. You could stay here for hours and read hundreds of threads, and you'd stay logged in just fine. And then you close that single browser session. Re-open that same browser, come back here and you're not logged in. Is that it exactly?

Thanks in advance!

thats exactly the situation even though i use the always remember option. even using the URL to reply to notices of a thread reply i have to login

Can you please confirm (in Firefox) these exact settings I'm using? I can do the explained above, and go home for the weekend, go fishing, go out dancing, come back here Monday bright and early, open my browser and I am still logged in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4126[/ATTACH]

strange my settings are the same ( see attachment). Also i left this browser open and went naway to do other thing and when i come back still logged in, but then i saw an email to say you replied to the thread, so i refreshed the page and then had to login again.

cookies1.jpg

Hmm, I hate toolbars, they give me a rash.

I'm not saying that nectar toolbar is your problem, but this guy did, with his problem, I think. I can't help you troubleshoot your computer problems though, that was in a past life I don't do it any more. ;)

/http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic370128.html/page__view__findpost__p__2075636

I might suggest you check things out on that end, just to be safe.

I'll do some more thinking about this over the weekend.

Thanks, easyhosting!

What security software do you have installed if any?

i use Kaspersky Pure as i have done for several years, but if it was an issue with this then it woiuld stop me from viewing the site and not just keep me having to login.

Once again. I have no issue until WHMCS forced a password change, so this has to be the root of the issue and nothing else.

i use Kaspersky Pure as i have done for several years, but if it was an issue with this then it woiuld stop me from viewing the site and not just keep me having to login.

Once again. I have no issue until WHMCS forced a password change, so this has to be the root of the issue and nothing else.

Then Kaspersky Pure would where I would be looking. Try uninstalling or disabling. Security software can do strange things at times.

I have multiple computers (mac's and pc's) and haven't had any problems.

If you've been following along, I did make changes to this forum when I first got here.

AFAIK, you're the only one having these issues right now. I believe this issue to be on your end.

Repeatedly mentioning that you had no issues before your were forced to change your password, does nothing to help this thread at all, no need to say that again, I got it. Thanks.

since Kaspersky pure has been installed on my PC for several years and before this issue started i dont see how this could be the issue.

It has to do with something during the forced password change as this is when this issue started.

Well, I can't comment on that software other than to think that if you had it configured somehow before changes were made, those settings, whatever they are, might need updating somewhere.

I just took a peek around the Kaspersky pure website and gave up after 5 minutes. Overkill comes to mind with this one.

I truly do wish I could help more here, but I need to know of something broke to fix it.

This:

It has to do with something during the forced password change as this is when this issue started.

Just isn't working for me.

I've been having some random issues as well, I used to stay logged in and now I have to frequently log back in. This started happening for me as well after the password reset. This is across multiple devices and browsers. I don't know if this helps or not but I thought I would chime in since I've been having the same issue.

since Kaspersky pure has been installed on my PC for several years and before this issue started i dont see how this could be the issue.

Something is ending your login session. That something is likely on your system. That something is likely either a browser setting or some security software causing trouble.

I seem to recall reading that you have checked your browser(s) settings, so next point of call is the security software. If it's only a 5 minute task to try, isn't it worth trying?

Did you also try more than one browser? If more than one browser shows the same behavior, even more cause to look at the security software.

Bloated security software can and does have strange behavior at times.

I'd have to agree it's most likely the software on your own computer, as I haven't seen that behavior at all. There was one time I saw this on another forum, and all it took to fix it was removing all cookies for that forum and closing the browser. Restart, log in, done.

More than one browser, though, that points to your system and not the forum. Briefly disable that software and try, or at the least, if it offers whitelisting, add this in.