Forum Cookies issue

panacheweb

I am not here to put WHMCS down. Because they were social engineered, and the entire client database revealed, I blame that directly on the security at hostgater, and a partial blame on WHMCS. However, this thread is not about those events, it is about a setup issues on the forum.

As a web designer and webmaster, and business person, I manage clients websites, and i've had this issue with their forums after they were moved to a new location. It is a simple issue, and yes it's one of those issues that does not affect everyone.

It could be a subdomain cookie setup, or a path issues in the database or a configuration file that has not been updated. It is always a little detail that is overlooked with software that causes minor issues.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes it's one of those issues that does not affect everyone.

It could be a subdomain cookie setup, or a path issues in the database or a configuration file that has not been updated. It is always a little detail that is overlooked with software that causes minor issues.

If you read the whole of this thread you will also see that others report the same issue on other VB4 forums and not just this forum, so it seems to be an issue with the VB software and nothing to do with WHMCS.

It is strange that everyone is not effected

• 3 weeks later...

The forums seem to work fine with Version 21.0.1180.89 up to date for MAC, I do not have to select remember me to stay logged in. You might select Remember Me so that you can. assuming you do, and choose not to save the password and be sure to logout.

As far as I know there should be no issues with these forums right now.

The forums seem to work fine with Version 21.0.1180.89 up to date for MAC, I do not have to select remember me to stay logged in. You might select Remember Me so that you can. assuming you do, and choose not to save the password and be sure to logout.

As far as I know there should be no issues with these forums right now.

The problem with this forum is the extreme caching. If the forums is out of date for you, like read icons, use CTRL + F5.

Has the above been fixed?

I'm now having this issue, but only since the other day when I was informed that my password was 17xx days old and needed to be changed.

Since changing it, I'm now having to log in every time.

same here every since i was told to change my password. also ever since then even when logged in and i report a spambot if i try and open the report i get

"easyhosting, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

which if i am the reported then i should be able to access what i report.

and yes i have cleared cache and flushed dns with no effect.