Forum Cookies issue

panacheweb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like whatever web browser you were prompted in the change your password in gets messed up :/

so now to use the WHMCS forum i have to change default web browsers. well this wont happen considering i have tried in IE, chrome, FF and all with the same result. since the hostgator issue WHMCS has become a JOKE amongst the hosting industry.

same here every since i was told to change my password.

You were using a weak, vulnerable password and is why your account, and many others, was flagged.

also ever since then even when logged in and i report a spambot if i try and open the report i get

"easyhosting, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

which if i am the reported then i should be able to access what i report.

Not any more. There is no reason for this reporting forum to even be here any longer, more changes are coming, this week.

and yes i have cleared cache and flushed dns with no effect.

This is not a cookie issue.

It looks like WHMCS is a sinking ship

The moment this comment is removed, what? You'll be posting that your comment insulting this company was removed and that action, upsets you? And because the reporting forum is no longer accessible by you, the entire company is now a joke, and, a sinking ship? Seems a bit over the top to me, don't you think?

so now to use the WHMCS forum i have to change default web browsers. well this wont happen considering i have tried in IE, chrome, FF and all with the same result. since the hostgator issue WHMCS has become a JOKE amongst the hosting industry.

No one has asked you to change browsers. Forum permissions for viewing reported posts has changed, and, apparently needs some additional tweaking to make right. No one solicited you to post an additional insult aimed at this company, either.

There is no need to attack anyone on this forum, and that includes the company.

Attacks toward WHMCS or any users on these forums will be removed from here on out, no exceptions.

Spam is not the only thing we're doing away with around here.

You were using a weak, vulnerable password and is why your account, and many others, was flagged.

I changed my password to a strong password after the hostgator incident, as i changed all my passwords.

The moment this comment is removed, what? You'll be posting that your comment insulting this company was removed and that action, upsets you? And because the reporting forum is no longer accessible by you, the entire company is now a joke, and, a sinking ship? Seems a bit over the top to me, don't you think?

ever since the hostgator incident support on WHMCS has been going downhill and with many issues with version 5.1.2 have gone unanswered.

No one has asked you to change browsers.

user ethix implied that it was a browser issue in post 53, so imp[ling a need to change browsers.

There is no need to attack anyone on this forum, and that includes the company.

Attacks toward WHMCS or any users on these forums will be removed from here on out, no exceptions.

Spam is not the only thing we're doing away with around here.

well this is a laugh in itself, as i have reported many posts attacking me and these have remained.

Edited by easyhosting

well this is a laugh in itself, as i have reported many posts attacking me and these have remained.

Not in the last 2 weeks. Link me to them and I'll be happy to clean up for you. You can at times be confrontational on these forums though. There is no need for that. Please stop.

Link me to them and I'll be happy to clean up for you.

strnage as i can access the report threads to find the reports to provide links.

You can at times be confrontational on these forums though. There is no need for that. Please stop.

I have never been confrontational i have at times reminded other users of information and quotes provided by MATT and other WHMCS staff and even blog posts, which i would say is providing information.

but still the forum wants me to login every time even after clearing cookies etc. no matter what browser i am using.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@aayisha19, you must click the Remember Me option to stay logged in.

@easyhosting, in Firefox Preferences, Privacy tab, Accept Cookies from sites, Exceptions button, try adding forum.whmcs.com and click Allow. If you've already done this, sorry. Just trying to think of ways to get you sorted.

Nothing has changed on the forums to effect cookie that I'm aware of recently. I sorted one issue the day I came on board here, a while back. Many users are logged into these forums daily, and are not posting to this thread. I can't duplicate the problem to look for a fix.

@easyhosting, in Firefox Preferences, Privacy tab, Accept Cookies from sites, Exceptions button, try adding forum.whmcs.com and click Allow. If you've already done this, sorry. Just trying to think of ways to get you sorted.

in Firefox 16.0.2 under Firefox Preferences, Privacy tab their is no Accept Cookies from sites, Exceptions button,

* found it. had to set History to use custom history settings*

Edited by easyhosting