WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HEy, when you planning on adding ability for a client to create a project? I'd be very much interested in buying a copy of this you add it any time soon :)

The next version will take a little longer, I'm rewriting the module to conform with the new Addon module format and adding other features as well.

bump, still never received a response.

I'm not sure what you are doing wrong, but I have no open tickets. Seeing as how you have to have an account in order to purchase or download WHMCSPM2, why not just login to create a ticket? What problem are you having that you are trying to submit a Pre-Sales ticket?

That's just it, I cannot login. It will not accept my password and when I try a password reset, it says the answer to my security question is wrong. My username is the same as the one used here.

Please PM me. Someone signed up using an email address tied to their own WHMCS Support email. This resulted in our ticket systems emailing eachother and opening hundreds of support tickets. I had to ban that email address and I wonder if it was yours. If so, I need to change your email address in the system.

any news on a new release/update?

It is close. I've made a bunch of changes and improved a lot of features. You can see the completed issues / feature requests in the dev tracker.

I'm still working on a couple of things and trying to decide what else I want to add before I release 1.1.0.

I'm hoping for the next week or two.

Version 1.1.0 is now available. This version utilizes the new addon modules format which means there will be a little bit of work on your part to get the new version up and running. It's not too difficult though.

You need to delete the whmcs/modules/admin/whmcspm2 folder as well as whmcs/includes/hooks/whmcspm2_hook.php file.

The following features and fixes are available in this version:

• Rewrote module to new WHMCS Addon Module format
  • Fixed issue with Task Description on projects.php not handling new lines properly.
  • Added Configuration option to allow clients/users to create projects
  • Added protected project types, these cannot be deleted or modified
  • Added new tpl file and client area functionality for adding projects
  • Converted all icons / images to silk icons from famfamfam.com
  • Added file size information to display for clients and admins
  • Corrected issue with empty dates (0000-00-00) showing as 12/31/1969
  • When setting a project as completed, it will complete tasks and time tracker entries
  • Fixed issue with creating a task and setting %complete but it shows 0
  • Added cron hook to update invoice id if a billable entry is added but not invoiced right away.
  • Modified note in Invoice when created by WHMCSPM2. Remove reference to WHMCSPM2.
  • Updated admin templates to v4.4.2
  • Added Notes section to Projects and Tasks. Notes work like all other notes sections in WHMCS.
  • Added entry to portal template file header.tpl that points to projects.php

hmm I can't edit posts so sorry for the double post.

Just carried out the upgrade, all went well. There seems to be a bug though with creating notes.

I just get:

align="" valign="">

where notes should be.

The source code shows the following:

<td class="<?=$column_class?>" <?=$nowrap?> align="<?=$align?>" valign="<?=$valign?>">

<?=$column_data?> 
                 </td> 
                                   <td class="<?=$column_class?>" <?=$nowrap?> align="<?=$align?>" valign="<?=$valign?>">

<?=$column_data?> 
                 </td> 

<?=$column_data?> 
                 </td> 

<?=$column_data?> 
                 </td> 

<?=$column_data?> 
                 </td> 

<?=$column_data?> 
                 </td>

Also when can we expect the other features in the dev tracker to be included? I know you've only just released this version (and I do appreciate it, there are many useful bug fixes) :) just I was kinda looking forward to being able to sort through projects as it's starting to be a pain sorting through old/new and in progress ones. Thanks!

hmm I can't edit posts so sorry for the double post.

Just carried out the upgrade, all went well. There seems to be a bug though with creating notes.

Also when can we expect the other features in the dev tracker to be included? I know you've only just released this version (and I do appreciate it, there are many useful bug fixes) :) just I was kinda looking forward to being able to sort through projects as it's starting to be a pain sorting through old/new and in progress ones. Thanks!

I fixed the issue. I used some code from an old project that used the php short tags <?=$var?>

I didn't enable the option in ioncube to allow shorttags...

I've uploaded the corrected version, please re-download and replace the lithium_hosting_paginate.php file.

There is no schedule for a next release. I'll get to it when I have time. Your sorting feature request is at the top of my list because I can see how important that is. It's hard to realize the need for something like that during testing on a dev box with just a couple of projects in the list.

This is great. only a year into whmcs and get surprised all the time,

I'm on trial at the moment but will go pro Monday.

SO, my ten cents (sorry if they have been mentioned already)

In config could you give the option to choose client name format. first, last | last, first | company.

Also, Could a support ticket be made into/aplied to a task / client?

thanks for this I was weighing up some awful project management tools with dual entry etc...

Love it.

This is great. only a year into whmcs and get surprised all the time,

I'm on trial at the moment but will go pro Monday.

SO, my ten cents (sorry if they have been mentioned already)

In config could you give the option to choose client name format. first, last | last, first | company.

Also, Could a support ticket be made into/aplied to a task / client?

thanks for this I was weighing up some awful project management tools with dual entry etc...

Love it.

Please submit a Feature Request in the Dev Tracker on the website. Instructions are in the readme.txt, but basically go to the product details page and click the link.

As for the Ticket Import to Task, you can take a ticket and turn it into a project but thats it for now. You can submit a feature request / improvement for that if you'd like something different.

I'm glad you like my product, please keep the feedback coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, not sure if I am missing this somewhere, but when I look at the dashboard, how is the project sort arranged? I created a new project, but it does not appear as the last in the sort like I thought it would. I looked at the db and the id is the last number but it doesn't sort by id. I am not running the latest version yet though so don't know if that has changed.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, not sure if I am missing this somewhere, but when I look at the dashboard, how is the project sort arranged? I created a new project, but it does not appear as the last in the sort like I thought it would. I looked at the db and the id is the last number but it doesn't sort by id. I am not running the latest version yet though so don't know if that has changed.

Right now there isn't an actual sort being performed.

• 3 months later...

I've been working hard on the next version of WHMCSPM2. There are lots of changes in store for version 1.1.5 that I think most of you will be very pleased with. I've addressed alot of issues reported by users and implemented a lot of feature requests. You can view the list of changes in this new version here:

http://projects.lithiumhosting.com/projects/whmcspm2/versions/9

I have two more items to complete plus anything else I can think of to add before I will be ready to release this version.

If you have need some changes or new features, please request them in the project tracker. I'm looking for as much feedback as possible so I can make this product even better.