WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the easy way to do this. In the the templates section, goto the default folder. Edit the header.tpl file.

Scroll down a little and find this line.

<li><a href="clientarea.php?action=emails" title="{$LANG.clientareaemails}">{$LANG.clientareaemails}</a></li>

Right after this line, add the following:

<li><a href="projects.php" title="My Projects">My Projects</a></li>

That will do it.

tsiedsma, I forget, but will v1.05 fix the projects.php file as well?

completed projects show 0% progress. Also, the ability to add a new task and upload files exists for completed projects. I would like to simply remove this from projects.php because I don't want the customer to have the ability but the file is encrypted.

It doesn't do that on mine. I am using the portal template that comes with whmcs.

I guess you could try adjusting the width in the css but you shouldn't have to

#top_menu ul li a,#top_menu ul li a:visited{color:#666;display:block;height:30px;line-height:30px;padding:0;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;width:100px;}

#top_menu ul li a.down,#top_menu ul li a.down:visited,#top_menu ul li a.down:hover{background-color:#FFF;border-right:1px solid #EBEBEB;color:#333;font-weight:700;width:99px;}

It doesn't do that on mine. I am using the portal template that comes with whmcs.

I guess you could try adjusting the width in the css but you shouldn't have to

#top_menu ul li a,#top_menu ul li a:visited{color:#666;display:block;height:30px;line-height:30px;padding:0;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;width:100px;}

#top_menu ul li a.down,#top_menu ul li a.down:visited,#top_menu ul li a.down:hover{background-color:#FFF;border-right:1px solid #EBEBEB;color:#333;font-weight:700;width:99px;}

Ya, iam using the portal theme too.. ok.. i will try messing with CSS/... thanks for your help

I just thought I would check in and see how your development is going. Hoping to get 1.05 soon!

What were you hoping to see in 1.0.5? I'm close to a release but want to make sure I've squeezed as much in as I could in the short amount of time I've actually had to work on it.

Well, here is a summary of my comments and requests throughout this post.

1.) When choosing the calendars for dates, should you decide to choose a prior month than the current, when you select the second calendar, it should automatically change to the same month as the first caledar. I have begun the process of importing in some old tasks out of notepad and am back dating, that's why I noticed this. Same thing for setting up a task in the future, calendar #2 should sync to the same month as was selected in number 1.

2.) The task dashboard shows time with decimals. You could add the total minutes in parenthesis next to it.

Duration: 0.75 hours (45 minutes)

3.) The icon positions of the task are not aligning properly. The alignment depends on the length of the title of the task and is never the same.

Also, can you set it so if the admin selects the project as completed, the user cannot add another task in the projects.php client page?

Maybe even better, a selection on/off switch on whether to even allow a client to add a task for a given project.

projects.php should probably redirect to the client login page if nobody is logged in.

1.) For both project and task, anytime Complete is selected, the percent automatically becomes 100% and in reverse as well, if someone selects 100%, it automatically adjusts to complete. However, I'm thinking that the status and complete fields are somehow redundant and maybe there is a way to actually do away with one.

2.) The project % complete should not be adjustable. It should mathematically figure out the completion depending upon where the tasks are set to under the complete field.

projects.php file still marks the progress as 0% even if project set to 100% and complete.

Also, it doesn't appear you can modify the project % finished anywhere if the project is not marked as complete, I'm not even sure where it is stored in the database. I was wondering what direction you were going to go with this anyway.

Well, here is a summary of my comments and requests throughout this post.

1.) When choosing the calendars for dates, should you decide to choose a prior month than the current, when you select the second calendar, it should automatically change to the same month as the first caledar. I have begun the process of importing in some old tasks out of notepad and am back dating, that's why I noticed this. Same thing for setting up a task in the future, calendar #2 should sync to the same month as was selected in number 1.

2.) The task dashboard shows time with decimals. You could add the total minutes in parenthesis next to it.

Duration: 0.75 hours (45 minutes)

3.) The icon positions of the task are not aligning properly. The alignment depends on the length of the title of the task and is never the same.

Also, can you set it so if the admin selects the project as completed, the user cannot add another task in the projects.php client page?

Maybe even better, a selection on/off switch on whether to even allow a client to add a task for a given project.

projects.php should probably redirect to the client login page if nobody is logged in.

4.) For both project and task, anytime Complete is selected, the percent automatically becomes 100% and in reverse as well, if someone selects 100%, it automatically adjusts to complete. However, I'm thinking that the status and complete fields are somehow redundant and maybe there is a way to actually do away with one.

5.) The project % complete should not be adjustable. It should mathematically figure out the completion depending upon where the tasks are set to under the complete field.

projects.php file still marks the progress as 0% even if project set to 100% and complete.

Also, it doesn't appear you can modify the project % finished anywhere if the project is not marked as complete, I'm not even sure where it is stored in the database. I was wondering what direction you were going to go with this anyway.

1) This is pure jquery as it ties into the calendar script. I'll research this and see what I can do but it may not be in 1.0.5

2) Consider it done!

3) The icons positions have been adjusted.

I will make the change so if an admin marks a project as complete, no more files or tasks can be added or uploaded.

I will also add a an option to allow the admin to make a project read only, this will prevent the client from adding tasks or files.

projects.php login redirection works better in 1.0.5

4) The way the project completion works is soley based on task segment and completion. The segment assigned to a task is a percentage of the parent project. So if you create a task with a segment of 10 and completed of 100, that means the task makes up 10% of the project and it is 100% complete. The only way to reach 100% total project completion is by creating tasks with segments that add up to 100% and are all 100% complete, or manually setting the project to complete. It is all calculated and you cannot set the project completed percent anywhere manually.

5) See above!

For 4 and 5, the project does show 100% complete in the the module when the task is set to 100% and complete. It shows 0% though in the projects.php file. All my tasks have the segment at 0%, but the percent is set for 100 and the status is set for complete.

IE- looks fine in the module dashboard, but does not show 100% (shows 0) in the projects.php

Thanks.

For 4 and 5, the project does show 100% complete in the the module when the task is set to 100% and complete. It shows 0% though in the projects.php file. All my tasks have the segment at 0%, but the percent is set for 100 and the status is set for complete.

IE- looks fine in the module dashboard, but does not show 100% (shows 0) in the projects.php

Thanks.

That has been fixed in 1.0.5

Is everyone ok with just invoicing the project and not individual tasks? The problem with doing tasks is then I have to keep track of what has or hasn't been invoiced.

The idea would be that you create a project manually based on a customer ordering a product and paying for it, this would imply you've already been paid.

Or, with my new option of invoicing the project, the project must be completed, must be assigned to a customer and must not have already been invoiced.

I'd love to do task invoicing but it will be very involved and I'm not sure that it is actually necessary since WHMCS allows you to already use the billable items feature.

I agree. I see project invoicing working the opposite of billable items.

In billable items, you are doing work before being paid.

In whmcspm2, you are paid first, and then doing the project.

At least that's how I am using it. My clients buy a block of hours for work, I track my work in whmcspm2 to tell me when they run out of hours. The fact that I will be able to associate an invoice with the project is nice, but not necessarily needed for me. Others may disagree.

I would set it up as you suggest and maybe look at modifying it in 1.06.

1.0.5 is now available in the client area for immediate download. Here is the change log:

• Fixed Issue with projects.php not showing login page if logged in as admin but not client. Now it shows login page unless logged in as client.
  • Fixed issue with Project Complete Status not showing 100% if Project marked as complete on projects.php
  • Added option to invoice client for complete projects
  • Added minutes to duration calculation, Duration: 0.75 hours (45 minutes)
  • If an admin marks a project as complete, no more files or tasks can be added or uploaded.
  • Now you can mark projects as private and prevent them from showing up in the client area for clients.

In other news, the original developer of WHMCSPM has apparently re-surfaced and has accused me of some how stealing his source code and re-writing it to be WHMCSPM2. I'm not sure how he can think this since his code is encoded and I wrote this from scratch, but I thought I would let you know in case he contacts other members that have posted in this thread.

awesome work my friend.

I really like the fact that I can now choose to prevent any tasks from being added regardless of completion. That works nicely.

But, if that box isn't checked and the project/task is marked as completed, I was still able to add a task as a customer. I was logged in as admin as well so I don't know if that had any bearing.

awesome work my friend.

I really like the fact that I can now choose to prevent any tasks from being added regardless of completion. That works nicely.

But, if that box isn't checked and the project/task is marked as completed, I was still able to add a task as a customer. I was logged in as admin as well so I don't know if that had any bearing.

That fix will be pushed out in 1.0.6, it's just a simple change in the template though.

Open project-details.tpl and change the following:

{if $project.readonly == '0'}

To the following:

{if ($project.readonly == '0') && ($project.status != 'Complete')}

I have released 1.0.6, this is an intermediate update that addresses some issues users were having. Also it fixes the issue above. Everyone should install this update.

If you recently downloaded for the first time and installed 1.0.5, please drop the tables from whmcs starting with mod_whmcspm2_ and reinstall version 1.0.6.

Also, please vote for this addon if you are happy with it!

http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php?action=viewmod&id=168&vote=true

Yeah, use the upgrade. The only people that have to drop the installs were first time users that installed 1.0.5, there was an issue creating on of the tables and it will cause things not to work.

Sorry, DO NOT DROP TABLES unless you installed for the first time using 1.0.5. You'll know if this is you because it won't work right.

Any chance of:

- Ability to add notes on Tasks

- Ability to add files on Tasks

- Show all task titles on the project dashboard?

Also, could you possibly add a configuration option to disable the client drop down? I know that we'd never use that and every time the page loads takes an age because of the length of that list.

Finally, when you edit a project/task, you have to go and re-select things as they revert to the default form field/drop downs. Known bug?

Installed WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW), configured, created public (visible to client) project and task. Loged in as Client. But can not find the project from Client Area. Absolutely I can not see in the Client Area such Meniu "Projects". can anybody advise?