WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

Installed WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW), configured, created public (visible to client) project and task. Loged in as Client. But can not find the project from Client Area. Absolutely I can not see in the Client Area such Meniu "Projects". can anybody advise?

Did you visit projects.php? You have to link to it.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any chance of:

- Ability to add notes on Tasks

- Ability to add files on Tasks

- Show all task titles on the project dashboard?

Also, could you possibly add a configuration option to disable the client drop down? I know that we'd never use that and every time the page loads takes an age because of the length of that list.

Finally, when you edit a project/task, you have to go and re-select things as they revert to the default form field/drop downs. Known bug?

What is the point of notes on a task when there is the description field?

I don't see a point in having files assigned to a task when they can be on the project.

There isn't room in the dashboard to show task titles. Since tasks are tied to projects it wouldn't be the best list.

I'll consider options for the client list, obviously having the list is important, but I might be able to allow you to disable it.

I can't replicate your claim of the drop downs and fields not showing the stored values. This is not a known bug.

What is the point of notes on a task when there is the description field?

That is a poor way of doing it. Does not show the person who added the notes, the date/time. etc. A task system should have some level of auditing and tracking.

I don't see a point in having files assigned to a task when they can be on the project.

Because a project will have multiple tasks in which to complete the project. If and when you want to refer to it later, just finding a project with X amount of files will confuse and give no clarity on which files are for what.

There isn't room in the dashboard to show task titles. Since tasks are tied to projects it wouldn't be the best list.

Problem there being when you look at your "list" for the day, you want to be easily able to find the highest priority task to deal with, but without going in to each project one by one.

I can't replicate your claim of the drop downs and fields not showing the stored values. This is not a known bug.

I've just checked again. Go in to anything that has been saved and all the fields such as importance etc are all reverted to their first option.

One other thing I have noticed, is it VERY slow compared to the rest of WHMCS. Is it making remote calls on every page load with your licensing server? Our WHMCS is very fast (sub 0.2ms page loads) but we have seen your task system take up to 8 second page loads with 1 project!

M

That is a poor way of doing it. Does not show the person who added the notes, the date/time. etc. A task system should have some level of auditing and tracking.

That is a good point and suggestion. I'll put this on the todo list.

Because a project will have multiple tasks in which to complete the project. If and when you want to refer to it later, just finding a project with X amount of files will confuse and give no clarity on which files are for what.

Another good point. Thanks for these comments, this will help make this project great.

Problem there being when you look at your "list" for the day, you want to be easily able to find the highest priority task to deal with, but without going in to each project one by one.

The dashboard isn't a meant to show a review of tasks, just the projects that are configured. You can modify the admin template whmcspm2_admin.tpl to show more data on the Admin Homepage if you want.

I've just checked again. Go in to anything that has been saved and all the fields such as importance etc are all reverted to their first option.

I cannot reproduce this issue and if this was happening for other people, I'm sure I would have heard about it by now.

One other thing I have noticed, is it VERY slow compared to the rest of WHMCS. Is it making remote calls on every page load with your licensing server? Our WHMCS is very fast (sub 0.2ms page loads) but we have seen your task system take up to 8 second page loads with 1 project!

There is one call to the licensing server every few days, I'm not sure what would cause the slowness on your end. I don't see the same, can anyone else confirm this?

I can confirm that it does operate slower than the rest of whmcs. Maybe it has something to do with indexing or full table scans as opposed to just querying the data that is needed? It does not do it all the time for me though. I have seen it slow on just general selects but also have seen it slow on inserts or updates.

I cannot replicate the users problem either of the task priority. I went into a project, then into the tasks and adjusted one from the first priority (which I changed to normal) to something else and saved it. It accepted the change upon refresh.

I can confirm that it does operate slower than the rest of whmcs. Maybe it has something to do with indexing or full table scans as opposed to just querying the data that is needed? It does not do it all the time for me though. I have seen it slow on just general selects but also have seen it slow on inserts or updates.

I cannot replicate the users problem either of the task priority. I went into a project, then into the tasks and adjusted one from the first priority (which I changed to normal) to something else and saved it. It accepted the change upon refresh.

The slowness may have something to do with the client list. I'll look into replacing this with something more efficient. The queries that are made really shouldn't take too long with the exception of that one.

This looks really good! I am concerned with the level of completion of the project, and if someone could advise on how stable it maybe at this time. If possible could someone explain the difficulty level of installation and installation just in case things do not go well?

Thanks,

This looks really good! I am concerned with the level of completion of the project, and if someone could advise on how stable it maybe at this time. If possible could someone explain the difficulty level of installation and installation just in case things do not go well?

Thanks,

The project is stable and working. As long as people keep requesting new features it will never be complete. I'm not sure about your statement... As for installation, it's super easy and doesn't replace any WHMCS system files. The only files that are replaced are some of the default template files. You can easily remove the files and replace the template files if you choose not to use this module.

Thanks, does it alter the header or footer templates? I have a custom skin and would like to avoid altering the look of the site.

It does not modify the whmcs client area templates at all. It is up to you to modify those templates to include a link to the projects.php files.

The admin templates modified are:

homepage.tpl

clientsummary.tpl

viewticket.tpl

Here is how you include the projects.php file for your customers.

Edit the header.tpl file.

Scroll down a little and find this line.

<li><a href="clientarea.php?action=emails" title="{$LANG.clientareaemails}">{$LANG.clientarea emails}</a></li>

Right after this line, add the following:

<li><a href="projects.php" title="My Projects">My Projects</a></li>

That will do it.

Here is how you include the projects.php file for your customers.

Edit the header.tpl file.

Scroll down a little and find this line.

<li><a href="clientarea.php?action=emails" title="{$LANG.clientareaemails}">{$LANG.clientarea emails}</a></li>

Right after this line, add the following:

<li><a href="projects.php" title="My Projects">My Projects</a></li>

That will do it.

That was going to be my next question! LOL That would be a nice update to the readme text. The installation was very smooth, and the updates are super simple. Now I have to figure out how to get the project to show up in the client area. Shows the breadcrumbs Portal Home > Projects , but the project I assigned to the client is not there, and it has 25% completion, and not marked for private. Great Job on the addon by the way. I have a client now that this will come in handy tomorrow. If all goes well I am in for the Full Purchase License.

It is assumed that you know how to add a simple HTML link in a tpl file. Because you can point to projects.php from several different places in the client area, I don't provide any documentation on where to put the link.

Correct, most people will know how to add the simple link, but the read me states

Finally, if you wish to allow your clients to view projects assigned to

them and upload files and create tasks, link to projects.php in the

client area.

and since I usually try to avoid modifying the app as much as possible for upgrade reasons, I was unaware of which template file to update. Maybe something as minor as saying
Edit the header.tpl file
would help. Not a big deal but would make a smooth installation even smoother. Have any suggestion on my previous question, or should I open a ticket?

The problem with that is, "most" people have a custom template and will link to projects.php from a different area. Me for instance would link to it from the client area home page and my own custom sidebar.tpl.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm glad you got it figured out.

Edited by tsiedsma

hello

I brought the original project manager, so have not paid much attenion to this project.

My question is, i have a service that i offer and tasks are the same for that service each time. I would like to be able to create the project and prepopulate the tasks and then allocate them to different staff or contactors. with the ability of the staff / contarctors being able to see there tasks outstanding. Is this possible?

thanks

Ian

I don't have a release schedule for future versions or features. I've been busy lately and that has put development on the back burner. As I get time I will work on adding new features. It looks like WHMCS v4.4 has some new functionality with addon modules and I will likely be rewriting WHMCSPM2 to work with the new way of doing addons. This should allow for selective admin access to the module without giving access to other modules.

I've also been working on my development tracking to make bug reporting and feature requests easier to report and view.

Thanks for your support, let me know how you feel about the product and what I can do to make it better.

Love this mod, am currently testing before purchase. But I found an issue with the file linking, not sure if it's just a whmcpm2 issue or whmcs...

From a project, add a file, then click the file - the URL used isn't from WHMCS config.

for instance, my site, while testing, is on an off-port(444), so in WHMCS it's configured(and working) at https://www.mydomain.net:444,'>https://www.mydomain.net:444, but WHMCSPM2 is linking the file at https://www.mydomain.net without the port.

Edited by furrymitn
not advertising - changed the domain name!

This looks great have set it up to test it. A few questions though:

- Is it possible to make Due Date optional? I work on large projects where there is never really a fixed due date.

- Is there any way to communicate with the client? I mean to comment user added tasks, etc?

- Is it possible to generate an invoice from the project? Or do we do these manually? Not a problem either way just wondering.

Other than that great job! Will certainly be using this!