WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

I found another bug.

Create a new project. Now, go modify the project. The caledar dates automatically reset themselves to 12/31/1969.

When you create the project and go to the dashboard, what does it show the date as? Correct or 1969? I just tried to replicate this and couldn't.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The project creates just fine. If I go in to modify the project, the calendar sets it self to 1969. If I click submit 1969 will be the new date. Also, the project priority gets changed to low from normal.

One other thing, the project to do list on the main whmcs dashboard is to long, it should probably only show the last 10 entries.

The project creates just fine. If I go in to modify the project, the calendar sets it self to 1969. If I click submit 1969 will be the new date. Also, the project priority gets changed to low from normal.

One other thing, the project to do list on the main whmcs dashboard is to long, it should probably only show the last 10 entries.

I tried again and cannot replicate this issue. Please download 1.0.4 again and see if that fixes your issues.

This time I downloaded the full package instead of the upgrade package. The following files were updated in the full package but not the upgrade, ie- the upgrade from 3 to 4 is missing the following.

admin/whmcspm2_admin.php

modules/whmcspm2.php

modules/whmcspm2_functions.php

projects.php

This has solved the calendar 1969 problem.

It looks like you fixed the whmcs dashboard page to only show 10 entries now which is good. Can you reverse the order though (maybe) to show the last 10 entries? I think it is showing the first 10 entries but I am not sure because I have back dated alot of stuff just to get it into the system? Not sure how it sorts but maybe by actual time stamp is best?

This time I downloaded the full package instead of the upgrade package. The following files were updated in the full package but not the upgrade, ie- the upgrade from 3 to 4 is missing the following.

admin/whmcspm2_admin.php

modules/whmcspm2.php

modules/whmcspm2_functions.php

projects.php

This has solved the calendar 1969 problem.

Very weird, those files all show up in the archive...

It looks like you fixed the whmcs dashboard page to only show 10 entries now which is good. Can you reverse the order though (maybe) to show the last 10 entries? I think it is showing the first 10 entries but I am not sure because I have back dated alot of stuff just to get it into the system? Not sure how it sorts but maybe by actual time stamp is best?

Try the attached file! It now shows the 10 oldest incomplete tasks.

whmcspm2_admin.zip

I ran the following in sql

update mod_whmcspm2_tasks set status='Complete' where status='In Progress'

update mod_whmcspm2_tasks set complete=100 where complete=0;

So, all my tasks are now 100% complete.

The whmcs project management dashboard still shows the oldest. I think maybe if complete=100 and status=complete, then maybe they should not appear.

I ran the following in sql

update mod_whmcspm2_tasks set status='Complete' where status='In Progress'

update mod_whmcspm2_tasks set complete=100 where complete=0;

So, all my tasks are now 100% complete.

The whmcs project management dashboard still shows the oldest. I think maybe if complete=100 and status=complete, then maybe they should not appear.

The dashboard or the admin homepage?

I made the change "SELECT ... WHERE `status` != 'Complete' ORDER BY `enddate` ASC LIMIT 10"

Try using the attached file :)

whmcspm2_admin.zip

Edited by tsiedsma

Yep, that looks good. Yes, I was talking about the whmcs admin page.

I was thinking, and I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but what if you made it so the following would happen.

1.) For both project and task, anytime Complete is selected, the percent automatically becomes 100% and in reverse as well, if someone selects 100%, it automatically adjusts to complete. However, I'm thinking that the status and complete fields are somehow redundant and maybe there is a way to actually do away with one.

2.) The project % complete should not be adjustable. It should mathematically figure out the completion depending upon where the tasks are set to under the complete field.

For example, we have 3 tasks. Task 1 is set to 100%. Task 2 is set to 100%. Task 3 is set for 33% complete.

The project would automatically show a completion rate of 77.6% complete.

Wow, you two are making a lot of progress. Here's some feedback from me.

1. I don't see the Import Ticket function anywhere. That would be nice.

2. I still do not see the Duration being calculated. I have attached screenshots

3. An export of a joined table with Projects, Tasks, and Tracking would be nice instead of reports. I really need some sort of Open Project Report where I can see everything in one place. Right now I have to drill down to see all the information.

tracking_screen.png

task_screen.jpg

Your files might be out of date, my durations are being calculated and I see you are missing a checkbox that I have in pic2.

What I found necessary was to download the full version instead of the upgrade, might try that. Then, download the single files that the author has made available in the last few posts.

I've been busy and haven't worked on this at all. Thanks for the feedback guys. brucelet, I will gladly build a report if you can give me more details of what you want to see.

Tom is right, download the latest version, the calculations are simple and should work fine for you.

I am interested in using your product, looks pretty useful.

Something like these below would probably get me to break away completely from dotproject:

• Create project templates so a predefined set of tasks can be imported
  • Predefined estimated times for task templates
  • Dollar / hour values assigned to task types / project types

Great Tool!

Would be nice to see an add task to invoice option.

This might be accomplished via an add to project invoice button.

Example data to pass:

Concatenate task description & duration to the tblinvoiceitems.description field

Amount option could come from the built in Products and Services or just add an hourly amount field. This would go to the tblinvoiceitems.amount field. Pulling from the Products and Services might be a better option because of all the data that is available in those tables.

Thank You!

Great Tool!

Would be nice to see an add task to invoice option.

This might be accomplished via an add to project invoice button.

Example data to pass:

Concatenate task description & duration to the tblinvoiceitems.description field

Amount option could come from the built in Products and Services or just add an hourly amount field. This would go to the tblinvoiceitems.amount field. Pulling from the Products and Services might be a better option because of all the data that is available in those tables.

Thank You!

I'm not sure how I would use existing products and services to get an amount, are you talking about creating a product for project billing? This is just one more thing that has to be done in order for the addon to work.

I can put a link to create an invoice from a project and then you can fill in the details, but I need to keep it simple enough to work for everyone and not rely on products existing and stuff.

I would add this-

If you are looking to track hours and then send out an invoice, you can use the built in whmcs "billable items". It's kind of hidden, but whmcs also has "TIme billing entries" for billable items, you have to access it from the client profile.

But, if you are like me where I send out an invoice for say 10 hours in advance, then this project fits the bill nicely!

Yes, if you bill in advance then this does work nicely.

I have been using the billable items and its ok, although it is a bit of a kludge. It would be nice if you could send all billable items to one invoice without having to make sure the due dates are all the same, but that is a topic for another post I think.

I will try the PM for a few more days and see if I can make it work. I just don't want to be doing double entry, ie. creating a time entry in the project manager and then having to have to build an invoice based on my tasks. That would be a lot of back and forth.

Thanks

I'll consider your ideas for invoicing and see what i can do. I'm working on a development tracker right now so I can keep track of these requests better. It will tie into WHMCS and allow you to submit these requests right from the client area. I have quite a bit of work to do on it but am good at multi-tasking.

I know you made a bunch of fixes, but another thing I noticed is the projects.php file still marks the progress as 0%

Also, it doesn't appear you can modify the project % finished anywhere if the project is not marked as complete, I'm not even sure where it is stored in the database. I was wondering what direction you were going to go with this anyway.

1.0.5 will be out in a week or so. I've got to fix some of these things you brought up and get ready for some new features.

Also, it doesn't appear you can modify the project % finished anywhere if the project is not marked as complete, I'm not even sure where it is stored in the database. I was wondering what direction you were going to go with this anyway.

The project completed percent is calculated based on the tasks completed percent and segment size. If the sum is greater than 100, it is reduced to 100.

Hi tsiedsma ,

Before I go creating a link to the project.php file in the client area main menu, is there a known link for customers to access the project.php page from their client area?

because i can not see any thing available at the moment , and my project.php does not look the same as yours, I have no titles or buttons.