WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

We outsource web development and wondered about adding an Administrator profile as "Web developer" and only letting them see Projects and Tasks they are allocated and not clients details, subscriptions etc, we would want the developer to only see the Project and Tasks they are assigned, is this possible, or is this scheduled for development, or if neither of these would you consider this as a feature to be developed? many thanks.

WHMCS currently does not support custom admin templates. They have stated that the intended purpose of Admin Addon Modules is to allow custom content. As such, you have to add a new admin user and give them the ability to view the Addon Modules and then specifically allow access to the WHMCSPM2 module while denying access to other modules.

I have given consideration to this idea and unfortunately, the only way to do this effectively would be with a custom admin page like the client area pages. I've requested this functionality from Matt @ WHMCS and he indicated he will look into the possibility for a future release of WHMCS.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just received an email letting me know this is the correct place to request features.

Could you add to the features request for having project templates for new projects (i.e. tasks already entered for certain types of projects).

This will save a TON of time for projects with repetitive tasks. Right now we're using the 30 day trial so, I wanted to get feedback on this.

Thanks! :-P

This feature will not likely be available before your 30 day trial is up, but it has previously been stated it is planned for a future release. I haven't had much time to work on this project, I've been prompt with fixing bugs and issues as they come up, but new features are a little less of a priority right now. Keep the ideas coming, I'll probably have a few big features added to the next version.

Might have been asked before but any plans on linking this to invoices?

Would be nice to create a project from a quote and generate and invoice based on a completed project?

You can invoice from a project and tie an invoice to a project but you can't create a project from a quote or invoice.

I have been working diligently on my Development Tracker so I can keep better track of feature requests and bug reports. It is finally at a stage that I am comfortable allowing access to it.

Please login to my client area: https://www.lithiumhosting.com/billing/login.php and go to the Product Details page for your WHMCSPM2 product. You will see a link to the Development tracker. Here you can view current issues that are in the development tracker. You may also submit new ones. It is a basic implementation but it serves its purpose.

Please login and help me populate the list with your feature requests so I may start developing WHMCSPM2 into a better product for you!

The next version slated for release is 1.0.7. It is a minor release and incorporates some of the fixes that have been linked in this thread. It will be released soon, so look forward to that as well!

What do you mean exactly?

ON the project view in the admin area you see the tasks listed below the project details, you have to click on the small edit icon, can the Title of the Task also be a link to edit, I have made changes like this in the tpl for the client front end but can't in the admin area

I have been working diligently on my Development Tracker so I can keep better track of feature requests and bug reports. It is finally at a stage that I am comfortable allowing access to it.

Please login to my client area: https://www.lithiumhosting.com/billing/login.php and go to the Product Details page for your WHMCSPM2 product. You will see a link to the Development tracker. Here you can view current issues that are in the development tracker. You may also submit new ones. It is a basic implementation but it serves its purpose.

Please login and help me populate the list with your feature requests so I may start developing WHMCSPM2 into a better product for you!

The next version slated for release is 1.0.7. It is a minor release and incorporates some of the fixes that have been linked in this thread. It will be released soon, so look forward to that as well!

Thanks for this!

Also what is the development tracker you are using!? Would be nice to have something similar in my WHMCS installation?

ON the project view in the admin area you see the tasks listed below the project details, you have to click on the small edit icon, can the Title of the Task also be a link to edit, I have made changes like this in the tpl for the client front end but can't in the admin area

Please follow the directions above to submit this feature request in the development tracker.

Thanks for this!

Also what is the development tracker you are using!? Would be nice to have something similar in my WHMCS installation?

I made it specifically for this purpose. It's still pretty rough and needs alot of improvement but it does it's job and allows user input and backend administration.

Please follow the directions above to submit this feature request in the development tracker.

I made it specifically for this purpose. It's still pretty rough and needs alot of improvement but it does it's job and allows user input and backend administration.

Ive raised it on your tracker, PM me I'd like to have a chat about some work ;)

Is the owned $49.95 version lifetime support and updates? Is easy to install? Is it cubed? .. and does copyright appear at the bottom which members will see?

All of your questions have been answered in this thread.

• You get one year of support and updates
  • It is very easy to install, the only thing that some people get hung up on is creating a link to the projects.php file in the client area templates. If you have simple html knowledge, this task is easy.
  • It is encoded and won't be released un-encoded.
  • The only copyright notice is shown in the admin area on the addon modules page. It is out of the way and customers don't see it.

And has the request for whmcs license been REMOVED?

I'm not sure what you mean by this!

WHMCSPM2 v1.0.7 has been released with the following new features, bug fixes and improvements:

• Improved License checking, fixed issue with license checking on every page load.
  • Fixed issue with project type drop down defaulting to the first option when editing the project
  • Added Ajax / jQuery effect to edit project page so invoice selection is easier and based on the user selected in the user drop down.
  • enhanced the license checking script to ignore SSL certificate errors, some users on Windows based systems don't have the proper root CA and get curl failures resulting in license check failures
  • Added clickable task name on the project details screen
  • Added a Hook to stop time tracking when an admin user uses the logout link.
  • Added icons to start and stop time tracking on the project details page. This replaced the old link to "Start Time Tracking"

You can report bugs and request new features using our Development Tracker in the client area on the product details page!

Hi tsiedsma,

I just have a couple of questions.

1. I user https:// for my WHMCS Admin area and WHMCS client area. I noticed that the https breaks due to this image being hosted here: http://whmcscollective.com/images/silk/folder_table.png what do you recommend the best way to fix this?

I do apologize if this question has been answered before:

2. How does a customer request a new Project from their client area, I have added the link from Client area to projects.php, but I can not see anywhere for customers to request a new project or quote?

Edited by Nerdster

I have just made a few suggestions through the tracker and also signed up for the monthly license. :)

You've done a great job, and with a few improvements this could really be a great addon for managing projects. Let me know if you have any questions about the stuff I added in the tracker.

Hi tsiedsma,

I just have a couple of questions.

1. I user https:// for my WHMCS Admin area and WHMCS client area. I noticed that the https breaks due to this image being hosted here: http://whmcscollective.com/images/silk/folder_table.png what do you recommend the best way to fix this?

I do apologize if this question has been answered before:

2. How does a customer request a new Project from their client area, I have added the link from Client area to projects.php, but I can not see anywhere for customers to request a new project or quote?

1) Thanks for pointing out the image linking issue. I use images at that location during development and then package the images once I deploy. I'll be happy to get that fixed, but please add it to the development tracker.

2) Customers cannot currently request projects. I still think this is best handled by an admin user based on a product being ordered or from the Ticket -> Project Conversion.

I'm going to add something later to allow you to make that decision yourself and enable client project creation.

Now that I have a paid license is there any way from it to stop adding Created by whmcspm2 in the invoice notes? I understand it being there for the trial but not with the paid one.

Thanks!

There is no difference between a paid license and a free license except the free license expires after 30 days.

As for the invoice notes, that is not a plug/advertisement for WHMCSPM2 since clients don't know what it is, it was merely for your reference so you know what generated the invoice.