WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just installed the trial version, and think this is a fantastic addition to the WHMCS family. I do have a suggestion and one issue that I'll add to the tracker, but I have a quick question: where do I edit the "category" types for the project (the list in the dropdown, I mean). I'm probably missing something obvious.... which (my wife says) isn't exactly unusual for me...

I just installed the trial version, and think this is a fantastic addition to the WHMCS family. I do have a suggestion and one issue that I'll add to the tracker, but I have a quick question: where do I edit the "category" types for the project (the list in the dropdown, I mean). I'm probably missing something obvious.... which (my wife says) isn't exactly unusual for me...

You can edit the categories on the configuration page. Check the sidebar menu for a link!

I'd like to open discussion on how Support Tickets can be integrated into WHMCSPMM.

Many people have requested the ability to link Support Tickets to Projects and Tasks for communication with clients, opening projects and tasks from Tickets and even updating Tasks and Projects from tickets. Please use my forum linked below to post your thoughts, comments and suggestions.

http://forum.lithiumhosting.com/showthread.php?t=211

You can edit the categories on the configuration page. Check the sidebar menu for a link!

I'm in the administrator area, and clicked on the Addons tab. That brings me to the Project Management dashboard. I don't see a "side menu"

If I click on the Addon Modules under Setup, I see where I can activate or deactivate the addon, but again there's no side menu, just an area where I can set access controls.

I'm in the administrator area, and clicked on the Addons tab. That brings me to the Project Management dashboard. I don't see a "side menu"

If I click on the Addon Modules under Setup, I see where I can activate or deactivate the addon, but again there's no side menu, just an area where I can set access controls.

Open the actual module! Addons -> Project Management -> then click Configuration on the side menu on the left (v4 Template) -> then click Categories tab.

Well, that explains it - I was using the Blend template for the back end.

This is a design flaw with the blend template. It doesn't utilize the sidebar code for the addon modules. The module has been coded to utilize the hooks and functions defined by WHMCS. I'm not sure why they released a template for the admin area that doesn't utilize the functions defined by modules using their addon module template.

I would also like to see the support tickets implemented with the Project Management Script.

The only way I see it working really is when a task is project is created the same email which is sent out allows the client to submit information about the project in notes to outline changes they may want or what they want accomplished. If WHMCS has the feature to also recognize short codes such as {new.task} this will allow the client to reply to the email and outline a new task to be created. Another feature is when each task is created and the PM script sends the notification email, any reply to that email would directly go towards the notes section of that task OR any reply to the emails for a particular project would go into a main section with all the emails the client sends and to which "header" they sent it to. This will allow us to be able to identify which email is for what task. We may also need to be able to sort or assign client notes to different tasks and projects afterwards to allow for better organisation.

I am having one issue with the PM module. When I create a new project and select a billable item, when I click to create bill for a project based on the number of hours worked etc, it does not generate a figure. the amount is 0.00 and then I would have to manually do the calculations and enter the figure. Im not sure if that is how its supposed to work or if I am doing a setting incorrectly.

I would also like to see the support tickets implemented with the Project Management Script.

The only way I see it working really is when a task is project is created the same email which is sent out allows the client to submit information about the project in notes to outline changes they may want or what they want accomplished. If WHMCS has the feature to also recognize short codes such as {new.task} this will allow the client to reply to the email and outline a new task to be created. Another feature is when each task is created and the PM script sends the notification email, any reply to that email would directly go towards the notes section of that task OR any reply to the emails for a particular project would go into a main section with all the emails the client sends and to which "header" they sent it to. This will allow us to be able to identify which email is for what task. We may also need to be able to sort or assign client notes to different tasks and projects afterwards to allow for better organisation.

I am having one issue with the PM module. When I create a new project and select a billable item, when I click to create bill for a project based on the number of hours worked etc, it does not generate a figure. the amount is 0.00 and then I would have to manually do the calculations and enter the figure. Im not sure if that is how its supposed to work or if I am doing a setting incorrectly.

Thanks for your comments. I really want to put the feature discussions on the forums linked above. As for your issue, I'd appreciate it if you open a ticket so I can work with you to figure it out and get it resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A quick update...

WHMCSPM2 v1.4.0 is under heavy development. New features are in the works, lots of fixes and improvements to the last release as well.

• Improved admin email functions
  • Added Ticket Importing functionality
    You can now import tickets to projects, tasks or messages
  • Added task and project messages
    If a ticket is imported to a message, you can communicate directly with the client about the project or task outside of the ticketing system. All replies are linked to the project or task and can be referenced by the admin at anytime.
  • Added 13 API functions using the existing WHMCS API system.
  • Added database table for storing admin preferences
  • Added option on billing config to customize the description for billable items
  • Added preference table to store admin area table sort preferences
  • Added ability to control default checkbox state for admin and client project/task email setting.

I also have plans to add Project and Task templates but need some help with the way this needs to work. I've had a few requests over the months for templates but i need some explanation on how you want this to work.

I'm hitting a brick wall, I could really use some feedback!

A great feature would also be to add an option to notify specific clients within WHMCS . For example, we deal with a lot of business clients who have more than one directors, CFO, CEO etc. So we add each of them on our system using WHMCS. 1 person would be the head of that account and then other persons who also are vital to the project are added as well as sub contacts. Generally, the CFO is only added as a sub contact to be able to view and pay invoices and as such they do not have rights to view or receive notifications about tickets created etc since it does not concern them. The company's Project Manager or other dignitary deals with that. With the current way how the PM module is made, we cannot select which notifications goes towards which "sub contact". They all receive the notifications of the PM module. We have since deactivated some sub contacts from receiving General Messages and that have seemed to work for now.

A great feature would also be to add an option to notify specific clients within WHMCS . For example, we deal with a lot of business clients who have more than one directors, CFO, CEO etc. So we add each of them on our system using WHMCS. 1 person would be the head of that account and then other persons who also are vital to the project are added as well as sub contacts. Generally, the CFO is only added as a sub contact to be able to view and pay invoices and as such they do not have rights to view or receive notifications about tickets created etc since it does not concern them. The company's Project Manager or other dignitary deals with that. With the current way how the PM module is made, we cannot select which notifications goes towards which "sub contact". They all receive the notifications of the PM module. We have since deactivated some sub contacts from receiving General Messages and that have seemed to work for now.

Right now all of the notifications are broken down by activity. There aren't really any activities that I can think of that would need to go to a CEO, CFO or director. Most of the activities directly relate to the daily management of a project. Billing can be automatic or manual but there aren't any notifications on billing. Once the billing is completed, it will be handled by WHMCS as a billable item and invoiced on your chosen schedule.

To create contact groups and tie email notifications to a group per project and per task will be a huge undertaking. Can you please post your request as a feature request on the dev tracker? If this feature is going to be considered, it will require quite a bit of discussion to figure out the logistics. You should also create a forum post here: http://forum.lithiumhosting.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29 too.

Right now all of the notifications are broken down by activity. There aren't really any activities that I can think of that would need to go to a CEO, CFO or director. Most of the activities directly relate to the daily management of a project. Billing can be automatic or manual but there aren't any notifications on billing. Once the billing is completed, it will be handled by WHMCS as a billable item and invoiced on your chosen schedule.

To create contact groups and tie email notifications to a group per project and per task will be a huge undertaking. Can you please post your request as a feature request on the dev tracker? If this feature is going to be considered, it will require quite a bit of discussion to figure out the logistics. You should also create a forum post here: http://forum.lithiumhosting.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29 too.

I know that. I dont mean for this project management module to handle the invoicing I was referring specifically to the WHMCS feature of adding "Sub Contacts" . When a project is assigned to a contact...if that contact has "Sub contacts" under their account, they all receive the project management messages. This becomes annoying for CFO who are simply responsible for paying the invoice instead of reviewing the specific details of a project.

It's not an urgent issue since we have found a temporary fix at the moment and it works. once given the time I may submit this as a feature request later down the road.

Thank you very much for this script.

I know that. I dont mean for this project management module to handle the invoicing I was referring specifically to the WHMCS feature of adding "Sub Contacts" . When a project is assigned to a contact...if that contact has "Sub contacts" under their account, they all receive the project management messages. This becomes annoying for CFO who are simply responsible for paying the invoice instead of reviewing the specific details of a project.

It's not an urgent issue since we have found a temporary fix at the moment and it works. once given the time I may submit this as a feature request later down the road.

Thank you very much for this script.

I'm sorry, I kind of misunderstood your previous post. I thought you were asking for separation with admin notifications. As of right now, the client notifications are sent using a built-in WHMCS function that I can't modify. I'm not sure how this would work in the future without writing a custom function to handle sending notifications to clients / contacts differently.

Yep, works fine.

The only thing to note, once you upgrade to v5.0.2, your admin templates will be overwritten. You can restore some of the WHMCSPM2 functionality by looking at the tpl files that are included in the 1.3.2 release. The WHMCSPM2 specific changes are documented in the tpl files so it should be easy to add to the v5 tpl files.

The next version of WHMCSPM2 includes all of the tpl changes with the exception of the new "default" client area template.

Yep, works fine.

The only thing to note, once you upgrade to v5.0.2, your admin templates will be overwritten. You can restore some of the WHMCSPM2 functionality by looking at the tpl files that are included in the 1.3.2 release. The WHMCSPM2 specific changes are documented in the tpl files so it should be easy to add to the v5 tpl files.

The next version of WHMCSPM2 includes all of the tpl changes with the exception of the new "default" client area template.

When it will be released "The Next Version" ?

Running the trial atm, can't delete the Test project, is that an intentional limitation of the trial, or is something wrong? I get a JS prompt, and then a page with just the following, no WHMCS template wrapper and no actual deletion:

<h2>Project Management</h2>

Thanks,

Adam

Running the trial atm, can't delete the Test project, is that an intentional limitation of the trial, or is something wrong? I get a JS prompt, and then a page with just the following, no WHMCS template wrapper and no actual deletion:

<h2>Project Management</h2>

Thanks,

Adam

Please submit a ticket with output from adding $display_errors = true; in your WHMCS configuration.php.