WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

I'm getting close to a formal release of version 1.4. I know a bunch of people have signed up for the trial recently and other people have purchased licenses. I'm really interested in product feedback, usability and logical flow issues. Feature requests and bug reports are always welcome!

Any last minute requests for new feautures? I've tried to tackle some of the largest requests and some smaller ones too just to make for a large release.

I can honestly say, after 1.4, there won't be anymore releases until 2.0 unless they are minor bug fixes.

2.0 is going to have a major UI overhaul and the flow will be very different. It will be more focused on the active project with the tabs and content focused more on the current project with less steps to get from tasks to files and Gantt charts. Yep, Gantt charts! There are lots of new features planned for v2.0.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A feature request you can implement is a one click finish project and a back button to the current project

The only problem with closing a project, is it will close all subtasks tied to it. If that is your intended function, I can add a close project link / button.

It also makes sense to have return icon / button to go back to the project. This exists as a link when viewing a task or project file already.

Any follow up on compatibility with v5? I don't want to go messing around with templates for the sake of one client if the next version of WHMCSPM2 is going to do the work for me.

This has already been answered! The current version is 100% compatible with v5. You can modify the admin tpl files using the old ones as an example since all of the WHMCSPM2 changes are commented. There isn't currently and won't be in version 1.4 support for the new v5 default template. There is support for the classic and portal templates though.

As with any version change, there are new features that will require additional changes to the existing TPL files, so I can't give you the new TPL files until the new version is released.

If people are having troubles figuring out how to make the change to v5 with WHMCSPM2, I'll see if I can release a TPL download with the new TPL files for the old version.

I know it was answered tsiedsma, I was looking for an update.

Why won't the new default template be supported? It's the default, surely that's the template that should get the attention now, and the others should be secondary concerns?

An app that doesn't work out of the box doesn't work for me.

Adam /current paying customer

I know it was answered tsiedsma, I was looking for an update. Why won't the new default template be supported? It is the default after all. An app that doesn't work out of the box doesn't work for me.

Adam /current paying customer

There will likely be an update later to include support for the new Default template. Just because WHMCS makes a new template, doesn't mean I am going to support it right away. It will take many hours to update the WHMCSPM2 templates to use the new design.

I know it will, which is why I was asking for an update above. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

I'll have to cancel my contract, I've only just started using the PM and I've moved to the new template because it's better than the previous ones, however I don't have time to be messing about with templates that imho should be supported out of the box. It's not as if WHMCS hasn't tipped people off about the upcoming release.

It's a nice app, it just isn't going to work for me. I'll stay subbed to this thread on the off chance you find the time to update it to a current spec.

I know it will, which is why I was asking for an update above. I thought I was pretty clear about that.

I'll have to cancel my contract, I've only just started using the PM and I've moved to the new template because it's better than the previous ones, however I don't have time to be messing about with templates that imho should be supported out of the box. It's not as if WHMCS hasn't tipped people off about the upcoming release.

It's a nice app, it just isn't going to work for me. I'll stay subbed to this thread on the off chance you find the time to update it to a current spec.

I don't develop for beta products, so I couldn't even update the templates until v5 was released which is good since they changed it a couple times during the beta period.

I agree the new template is better than the old, I'm working on migrating my custom template and changes for my site to use v5 default as well.

Regardless of whether I incorporate the changes of the new default tmeplate into WHMCSPM2, it won't be released until I release v1.4. If I do the new changes, it will delay the release of v1.4 even longer.

If you are good with the templating system, you are welcome to make the new template for me. You'll get it quicker, I'll be grateful and reward you for the effort.

You're not tied to a contract, you can cancel your license at anytime. Threats like that won't motivate me to finish the module or incorporate your requested changes though!

It wasn't a threat, it was a statement. I'm not going to be able to use your software in the short term because it will take, in your own words, many hours to get it working with the new default WHMCS template, hours I don't have.

Honest to god, if that's how you talk to your paying customers...

It wasn't a threat, it was a statement. I'm not going to be able to use your software in the short term because it will take, in your own words, many hours to get it working with the new default WHMCS template, hours I don't have.

Ok then, sorry for the misunderstanding! Keep posted, the update is coming in the near future.

Honest to god, if that's how you talk to your paying customers...

LOL., what???

How do you mean "LOL, what?" You accused me of threatening you, have you forgotten that already? You think this is funny?

I apologized for the misunderstanding, I clearly misread and mistook your previous statement.

Anyways, keep watching the thread, there will be an update in the near future.

I will. I hope you'll reconsider supporting the default v5 template. It'll take you hours, however those hours become a multiple when your users have to do the same work. I'm happy to wait a few hours more for a version that supports v5, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Is there any way we can hide completed tasks by default and have a Show completed tasks button ?

This is a feature of the next version.

I'm pushing the release back a little bit because I decided to take on the crazy task of moving all language to language files. It's a bit more work than I anticipated. It will be released before the end of the month.

This is a feature of the next version.

I'm pushing the release back a little bit because I decided to take on the crazy task of moving all language to language files. It's a bit more work than I anticipated. It will be released before the end of the month.

Ok, no problem.

Can you also do a homepage widget so that each admin can see his due tasks upon login ?

Currently all admins have to open each project to see tasks assigned to them.

You could maybe integrate this with the existing to do list widget.

Ok, no problem.

Can you also do a homepage widget so that each admin can see his due tasks upon login ?

Currently all admins have to open each project to see tasks assigned to them.

You could maybe integrate this with the existing to do list widget.

I don't have plans for this release to create widgets . I have added api functions to allow you to create your own widgets. I've spent too much time on things I didn't plan on doing for this release and am behind schedule. Everyone seems to want different widget functionality, with the api, you can do it yourself the way you want it.

Version 1.4.0 is available as a pre-release download to anyone signed up as a beta tester. I'm sure there aren't any major bugs and have done alot of testing myself. I'm setting the official public release date as 12/31/2011. If you aren't a beta tester and want immediate access to this release, sign in and submit a ticket requesting access. If you are a beta tester, sign in and download today!

• 2 weeks later...