WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

I am pleased to release WHMCSPM2. I reverse engineered WHMCSPM and created a new version from the ground up and kept a majority of the functionality the same. I added my own tweaks here and there.

Currently there isn't a cron task or email function to notify you of project and task status. The Client area features work and can be accessed at /whmcs/projects.php using the portal or default templates. You can obviously customize these to your template.

Major features include the following:

• Project / Task creation
  • Assign Projects to Admins
  • Bind projects to clients
  • Admin / Client File upload and task creation
  • Special tags on client created tasks
  • Time Tracking for tasks
  • Clients can see project and task status
  • Project and Task Due Dates
  • Migrate your old WHMCSPM projects and tasks with the click of a button

Planned Features:

• Support Ticket to Project Creation
  • Admin Home page - Pending Tasks
  • Cron updates to notify admins of task and project status
  • Assign tasks to clients (if the client needs to complete a task to assist in project completion)

Please try my product for free for 15 days and let me know what I can do to make it better. I would like to be sure there are no bugs before I make an official release.

Below are the links to the Trial and Purchase options. Because threads can't be edited later, I have added them now.

I make you this one promise. In the event I decide to quit supporting these products, all subscribers / owners of the product will received a free unencoded copy of the code. I hate it when people release encoded products and then just drop off the face of the earth.

If you need support, please use the support ticket system at lithiumhosting.com

whmcspm1.png whmcspm2.png whmcspm4.png whmcspm5.png whmcspm6.png whmcspm7.png whmcspm8.png whmcspm9.png

15-Day Free Trial

Monthly $3.95

Owned $49.95

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks very nice! I have a question about assigning projects. Will you be adding the ability to assign tasks? Also, I do not see a screenshot of the time entry, but can that be by user with the ability to see time reports by user? I need to track developers time along with the projects.

Thanks.

Tasks are not currently assignable to staff or clients. Which are you asking about specifically? I can easily add this feature.

Time entry is enhanced over the previous product. Multiple Staff can have active time tracking running on the same project / task. Time tracking is based on the Admin/Staff member and tracked to a specific task. The time is calculated per task and per project.

If you look at this image, you will see the "Start Tracking" link. This will initiate a time tracker for the logged in Staff Member / Admin for the specified Task.

Also here are some more screenshots:

whmcspm3.png whmcspm10.png whmcspm11.png

Edited by tsiedsma

I see how you are doing time tracking, which is by staff. Do you have time reports by client and by staff?

The assignment of tasks would be by staff, so they can pull a list of their assigned tasks when they go to the projects area.

All in all, a very nice looking module!

I see how you are doing time tracking, which is by staff. Do you have time reports by client and by staff?

The assignment of tasks would be by staff, so they can pull a list of their assigned tasks when they go to the projects area.

All in all, a very nice looking module!

I can add Task Assignment by Staff Member, that won't be difficult. As for the reports of time, would an actual report suffice or would you like to see something else in the actual module?

It looks like you have to give start/stop times for Time Tracking. Can there also be a field for just entering the time? We round our times to the nearest 1/4 hour and do not use start/stop times.

This is also a good request, I'll put this on the list as well.

@brucelet

After further consideration, the idea of inputting time as 1:00 for 1 hour and 1:30 for 1 hour 30 minutes will work, but since all of the dates and times are stored as datetime, I will convert on the backside from hh:mm to seconds and then using unix time I'll create a new time stamp entry.

This will make it easier to input your time, but will still show up on the time tracker as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

Does this make sense?

A conversion really is not necessary. A field to input time in decimal is what we currently have (ie 1.25 hours), then it gets multiplied by an hourly rate for the billing amount.

For reports, it would suffice to have one report that shows the data with the ability to search by date range, staff, and client.

I've set it up so you input 1:15 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The math is done to convert to mysql date format. Other calculations are made to show the time as 1.25 hours.

I wasn't quite sure what you needed and I am trying to get a good version released in the next couple of days.

If you want something totally different, please provide as much detail as possible. I can either create a report to go in the WHMCS reports folder or whatever you need.

Look for the new version in a couple of days and the purchase options will be unlocked too.

Version 1.0.2 has been released today. For those of you that have purchased this module, there is an "upgrade" download available.

Changes:

• Fixed issue with not being able to delete tracking events
  • Fixed issue with migrating from WHMCSPM where tracking events admin didn't copy over
  • Changed they way we keep track of assigned admins to projects, makes new functions easier
  • Added ability to assign tasks to Admins / Staff. Single Admin per Task unlike projects
  • Fixed a bug which prevented the submit button from showing on the Project Types page in some browsers
  • Fixed a bug with the "Add Tracking Event" function not adding an event properly.
  • Changed from a 15-Day to a 30-Day Free Trial.

I am working on a couple more things before releasing a purchasable version. Please keep the feedback and feature requests coming. I've been able to fix some bugs and add some useful features thanks to you.

Once I release the official version, you should be able to do an upgrade on your Free Trial and purchase the monthly option or Owned version.

I was working on an Admin page that would allow your Staff or Admins to view and work on projects and tasks that they are assigned to but I have been informed by Matt @ WHMCS that there isn't a way to create a custom admin page and have it utilize the admin templates.

My suggestion at this point is to give your admins access to the addon modules in WHMCS.

Unless someone has a better idea...

very nice job tsiedsma.

When i try to buy from your links provided, I see "out of stock" notification.

Also, does the owned version come with the un-encoded files?

The purchaseable versions are not available yet. You'll be able to upgrade from the Free Trial, I just wanted a little more time to make sure there are no issues.

This module will not be un-encoded unless I decide to stop supporting it someday at which point any module owners will get the un-encoded version for free.

I installed the upgrade and tested it out. A couple of comments.

1. I entered time in the suggested format and I see how you are converting it to start/stop times. Not exactly what I was thinking, but I guess it would work.

2. I added tracking both ways, but no time is showing up on the task under Tracking in the Duration column.

3. Navigation needs some work. When I save anything it leaves me on that screen with no way to go back one level to the Task or Project. I have to go back to the Dashboard and drill down from there.

4. How do I bill this? Is this currently a manual step?

5. How do I get any project, task, or time reports? Giving an export capability would suffice for now.

6. A time estimate field on the project and task would be nice, especially if there are reports that would show these numbers and total them.

I installed the upgrade and tested it out. A couple of comments.

1. I entered time in the suggested format and I see how you are converting it to start/stop times. Not exactly what I was thinking, but I guess it would work.

2. I added tracking both ways, but no time is showing up on the task under Tracking in the Duration column.

3. Navigation needs some work. When I save anything it leaves me on that screen with no way to go back one level to the Task or Project. I have to go back to the Dashboard and drill down from there.

4. How do I bill this? Is this currently a manual step?

5. How do I get any project, task, or time reports? Giving an export capability would suffice for now.

6. A time estimate field on the project and task would be nice, especially if there are reports that would show these numbers and total them.

Thank you for your feedback.

1) What were you thinking, I tried to interpret your request as best I could and incorporate it without having to do a rewrite of the time management functions.

2) I have not found this issue, can you provide screenshots in a ticket of your time entry and then one of the project or task screen where it isn't reflecting the time duration?

3) I'm open to suggestions... Currently when viewing a task, you can click the project name to go back to the project. Same with Tracking events, you can click the task name to go back to the task.

4) There is absolutely no billing functionality whatsoever. I have no idea what you even want it to do. If you can provide a good description of how you would like to bill out, I might be able to add that functionality.

5) There are no reports yet either. Can you give me an example of what you would like to see in a report? I can always build a report and an export to CSV option.

6) What do you mean by a "Time Estimate"?

This is the type of feedback I am looking for... Someone just submitted a ticket about issues creating tasks with the new 1.0.2 version. I found a typo and corrected it, please everyone download 1.0.3 when you get a chance!

Wow! I just made a request in the requested features section for this. Have a look here to see what I need. I will give your product a try.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=33492

How does your mod compare to this?

https://www.everythingweb.co.za/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=21

I'm unable to see your screenshots because I think your site is down right now.

Edited by tom11011