WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

Love this mod, am currently testing before purchase. But I found an issue with the file linking, not sure if it's just a whmcpm2 issue or whmcs...

From a project, add a file, then click the file - the URL used isn't from WHMCS config.

for instance, my site, while testing, is on an off-port(444), so in WHMCS it's configured(and working) at https://www.mydomain.net:444,'>https://www.mydomain.net:444, but WHMCSPM2 is linking the file at https://www.mydomain.net without the port.

Thank you for pointing this out. I'll be sure to add it to the fix list.

Is there any further integration planned for things like viewing tasks and projects on the calendar? Or invoice search for linking the invoice from the project? Or invoicing per task?

Thanks

Tell me what you want and how you would like it to work and I'll put it on the list as a feature request.

Marking files as "private" or non-downloadable would be nice as well, in order to track a "product" out until complete, then making it available for download.

That isn't a bad idea. I'll see what I can do.

This looks great have set it up to test it. A few questions though:

- Is it possible to make Due Date optional? I work on large projects where there is never really a fixed due date.

- Is there any way to communicate with the client? I mean to comment user added tasks, etc?

- Is it possible to generate an invoice from the project? Or do we do these manually? Not a problem either way just wondering.

Other than that great job! Will certainly be using this!

The way the system works, everything has to have a due date. Just choose one in the future.

Currently there isn't a way to communicate with the client via this addon. It is assumed you already have a communication channel opened with the client via some other method. If you'd like something like this added, please request it with more detail.

Invoice generation is now supported in the current release. It is a manual process but allows you to do it from the module.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The current version of WHMCSPM2 is a legacy addon module for WHMCS. Now that WHMCS 4.4.1 has been released I will rework the module for the new system.

On a side note, I'm almost done with the Development tracker which will allow you to easily submit and view feature requests and bug reports.

Is there any further integration planned for things like viewing tasks and projects on the calendar? Or invoice search for linking the invoice from the project? Or invoicing per task?

Thanks

In the most simplistic scenario, I'd love to see that project and task start and due dates show on the calendar in the same format as WHMCS internal to-do, but with owner as well, with a link back to the project/task.

Further integration could show gantt charty type look ahead, with maybe the start date showing the project/task and each day in between start and due showing something slim like "projectshortname" or "taskshortname" with owner and a link back.

Invoice search would be nice to see either a popup search box or ajaxy in-place search to view open invoices in a slim fashion maybe invoice#/client/product.

Invoice by task would be nice to be able to have a long-running project, but able to invoice one or more tasks out before project completion. Unless this could already be achieved by invoicing the project before completion, and still be able to reinvoice the project again later.. or even being able to invoice the project, but select certain completed tasks to invoice, and allow invoicing the project again later, but possibly with different tasks?

Thank you for pointing this out. I'll be sure to add it to the fix list.

Currently there isn't a way to communicate with the client via this addon. It is assumed you already have a communication channel opened with the client via some other method. If you'd like something like this added, please request it with more detail.

Basically what I mean is a client would create a task within the project, I could then follow up with a question about that task. So each task (or each project) had their own conversation. Maybe it would be possible to use support tickets?

Next to each task is a link "add comment" or "1 new comment" which would take the client to the support ticket for it. This is probably quite a big feature so I understand you might be able to do it but to me it seems like it would be useful.

Each time a comment is added it notifies the user or project assignee who can then follow it up.

Basically what I mean is a client would create a task within the project, I could then follow up with a question about that task. So each task (or each project) had their own conversation. Maybe it would be possible to use support tickets?

Next to each task is a link "add comment" or "1 new comment" which would take the client to the support ticket for it. This is probably quite a big feature so I understand you might be able to do it but to me it seems like it would be useful.

Each time a comment is added it notifies the user or project assignee who can then follow it up.

It's a good idea in theory, and if it was a stand alone Project Management suite I would expect that functionality. Since this is just a module in a system that has other methods of contacting clients, I think I will rule out this feature.

It's a good idea in theory, and if it was a stand alone Project Management suite I would expect that functionality. Since this is just a module in a system that has other methods of contacting clients, I think I will rule out this feature.

Maybe instead a way to link into the Support ticket system? The add comment could send you to an associated ticket number?

What if there isn't an existing ticket? How do you suggest Tickets be tied to projects or tasks? It just sounds like a mess.

The API seems to support opening tickets, it should be possible to open one, then link the support ticket ID (returned through the API).

What if the project management addon created it's own support department (not sure this is possible through the API however). Each ticket would have a custom field containing the project ID and task ID if the conversation was linked to a specific task.

Hey,

So a few things right off of the bat.

I started the trial and am liking what I am seeing so far however there are a couple things I would like:

1. Right off of the bat when I add a project and everything is going smoothly the only way to change it to 100% completed is to modify the project at what time the Project Type resets to the first one in the dropdown field. Can you fix this asap or put a link somewhere on the project overview page to click it and mark the project complete?

2. I have to agree when it comes to ticketing that it is a very good idea as I used it with ActiveCollab and love it especially for any type of communications between the design team and the customers. IE: Revision Tickets etc. I currently use them and would love the option to open a ticket based off of the project however I am sure I can hack something to open a ticket with a subject I am pretty sure. I like the add a task idea but I dont want that I prefer to keep it to tickets because it keeps it simple and full communication is tracked and email replies work miracles when out of the office.

Please check out #1 as soon as you can because I need that fix as we normally add 10-20 projects per month and have over 13 staffers that modify projects.

Thanks

Hey,

So a few things right off of the bat.

I started the trial and am liking what I am seeing so far however there are a couple things I would like:

1. Right off of the bat when I add a project and everything is going smoothly the only way to change it to 100% completed is to modify the project at what time the Project Type resets to the first one in the dropdown field. Can you fix this asap or put a link somewhere on the project overview page to click it and mark the project complete?

2. I have to agree when it comes to ticketing that it is a very good idea as I used it with ActiveCollab and love it especially for any type of communications between the design team and the customers. IE: Revision Tickets etc. I currently use them and would love the option to open a ticket based off of the project however I am sure I can hack something to open a ticket with a subject I am pretty sure. I like the add a task idea but I dont want that I prefer to keep it to tickets because it keeps it simple and full communication is tracked and email replies work miracles when out of the office.

Please check out #1 as soon as you can because I need that fix as we normally add 10-20 projects per month and have over 13 staffers that modify projects.

Thanks

1) Thanks for pointing this out, please see the attached file for a fix. it will be released in the official 1.0.7 release.

2) Ticketing has been addressed in previous posts.

The attached file is an interim release to address a couple of issues pointed out in the last couple of posts. This is not an official release, an official release will be released in the near future. Everyone is encouraged to download the file and overwrite the existing WHMCSPM2 files.

• Fixes Project Type always defaulting to the first option in the list
  • Fixes an issue with license requests calling home on every page load.

To fix the issue with Clients creating tasks for canceled products, temporarily you can do the following:

Edit project-details.php in your template and change the following line:

{if ($project.readonly == '0') && ($project.status != 'Complete')}

To This:

{if ($project.readonly == '0') && ($project.status != 'Complete') && ($project.status != 'Canceled')}

Because the Project Statuses are defined by you in the Add-on configuration, you need to make sure that the word 'Canceled' matches the status type you have defined.

whmcspm2_v107-pre_release-part1.zip

whmcspm2_v107-pre_release-part2.zip

Edited by tsiedsma

tsiedsma, I have just uploaded and overwritten both files you had attached. However, when I edit a project, it is still defaulting to the first entry in the drop-down for the "Type" field. As for the line of code to be replaced in "project-details.php", it does not exist. Upon searching, I found the form for the submission of new tasks to not be wrapped in any conditionals.

tsiedsma, I have just uploaded and overwritten both files you had attached. However, when I edit a project, it is still defaulting to the first entry in the drop-down for the "Type" field. As for the line of code to be replaced in "project-details.php", it does not exist. Upon searching, I found the form for the submission of new tasks to not be wrapped in any conditionals.

I'm sorry, it looks like the "default" template was included in the last release by mistake. Only the "Portal" template is being provided as of version 1.0.6.

Please look at the portal template files and you'll see what I am referring to.

Attached is a fix for the Drop down, I uploaded the wrong file :)

whmcspm2_v107-pre_release.zip

We outsource web development and wondered about adding an Administrator profile as "Web developer" and only letting them see Projects and Tasks they are allocated and not clients details, subscriptions etc, we would want the developer to only see the Project and Tasks they are assigned, is this possible, or is this scheduled for development, or if neither of these would you consider this as a feature to be developed? many thanks.