WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

Version 1.1.5 was released last night and is available in the Client Area on your product Details page. It is being considered a beta version because I need people to test it and make sure I didn't miss any bugs. Be sure to backup your database and .tpl files prior to the upgrade.

If you have any issues, suggestions or feedback, please provide it here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Version 1.1.5 has been released as Stable. Everyone should upgrade to the newest version to take advantage of the new features. Another version has been released as beta, 1.2.0 is now beta and contains a new feature for managing admin permissions as well as some other little changes.

Why are you using Redmine for your dev tracking? Dont ya think that should be one of the features of a project manager? =P

Also, what percent of the module is encoded? do we have any capabilities of customizing and expanding on its feature set? How often does it verify its license? aka, am i going to be down if your license server is down?

Why are you using Redmine for your dev tracking? Dont ya think that should be one of the features of a project manager? =P

Also, what percent of the module is encoded? do we have any capabilities of customizing and expanding on its feature set? How often does it verify its license? aka, am i going to be down if your license server is down?

I use redmine as a development tracker while I work on my own development tracker. WHMCSPM2 is a Project Management tool with Tasks and Projects, not feature requests and issue tracking.

The whole product is encoded, I'm working on a system to allow the ability to include custom pages. I'm also working on Admin Area templates for the module system to allow customizing the output to fit your template.

The license checking happens once every 7 days with a 3 day grace period if the server is unavailable. The license server will never not be available!

What is the point of notes on a task when there is the description field?

I don't see a point in having files assigned to a task when they can be on the project.

There isn't room in the dashboard to show task titles. Since tasks are tied to projects it wouldn't be the best list.

I'll consider options for the client list, obviously having the list is important, but I might be able to allow you to disable it.

I can't replicate your claim of the drop downs and fields not showing the stored values. This is not a known bug.

I'd rather allow person assigned the task and the client to talk to each other via task comments. An email goes out to the assignee and the client when a new comment is added.

Attached files to a task is helpful. Screen shots, PSD file for the task, spreadsheet, etc.

I'd rather allow person assigned the task and the client to talk to each other via task comments. An email goes out to the assignee and the client when a new comment is added.

Attached files to a task is helpful. Screen shots, PSD file for the task, spreadsheet, etc.

There are notes on tasks now, adding Files to tasks is in the issues list on the dev tracker.

I signed up for your tracker. It never sent the validation email. PM me. Notes should be the default tab when you visit the task. When I create a project, I cannot assign myself to any task.

Progress bar color does not obey settings and stays that default blue color.

Can you explain how billable entries will work of if it doesn't work at all right now?

I signed up for your tracker. It never sent the validation email. PM me. Notes should be the default tab when you visit the task. When I create a project, I cannot assign myself to any task.

Progress bar color does not obey settings and stays that default blue color.

Can you explain how billable entries will work of if it doesn't work at all right now?

I just moved my redmine installation to a new server and mail isn't working apparently. I'm not a ruby expert by any means so I am trying to find and fix the problem.

Submit a ticket please so we can go back and forth out of the forum regarding your issues, thanks!

The option to bill for a project only shows up when it is completed right now. I'd like to add the ability to partially bill for a partially completed project, or bill for task completion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am testing the current beta. I am really liking this module, and am sure to make a purchase once the trial is over. Couple suggestions.

1) Associate Tasks with Invoices in addition to Projects. Some projects may span several weeks and incorporate many tasks and invoices...

2) Create Admin Menu Item "Projects", possibly next to "Support"

3) Dates for Projects & Tasks display in calendar...

Regards....

Hello,

I am testing the current beta. I am really liking this module, and am sure to make a purchase once the trial is over. Couple suggestions.

1) Associate Tasks with Invoices in addition to Projects. Some projects may span several weeks and incorporate many tasks and invoices...

2) Create Admin Menu Item "Projects", possibly next to "Support"

3) Dates for Projects & Tasks display in calendar...

Regards....

Thank you for your feedback!

1) is already in the works. Project will no longer need invoice association since time entries will be billable.

2) This is something you can do in the Admin header.tpl.

3) This is already on the project tracker to be implemented in a future release.

• 3 weeks later...

Question about the functionality of this module.

If i create a project and task in the admin of whmcs how does the customer interact with it?

We design custom websites and then host them. With this we need to create the project and talk back and forth with them through the project manager module.

1. Will this allow the customer to post back to me when I make a post in the project module?

2. Will it notify the customer and the admin (or all involved) in that project by email when a new post is made?

Please explain the functionality to me... I installed a trial version of this over a year ago but I seem to remember that it only let me post and the customer could read or download files but not respond back to me?

Please advise...thanks!

A notification system is in place for the next release version 1.3.0. There isn't any kind of messaging system since the support ticket system fits the bill nicely. That isn't to say a messaging system won't be added in the future, but nothing exists like that yet.

The notification system allows admins and clients to be notified of created projects and tasks, uploaded files, modifications to projects, tasks and files. Also time tracking and note notifications.

My module hasn't been around for quite a year yet but it has come along way since inception with plenty of new features coming soon and many more planned for future versions.

Waiting for Client and Admin notifications? Interested in billing for your time tracking events? Want an improved Client Area section and better Admin area pagination and sorting?

Version 1.3.0 is ready for testing. I've done what I can to test it and now I need your help. I need a couple of active users of WHMCSPM2 to help me test the new features and find any issues before I release this version.

Please send me a PM if you are interested and I'll send you a download link. You must have an active license. If you are using the trial, you will just have to wait until the official release!

Also, this module is being rebranded. Going forward it will just be PMM or WHMCSPMM. It will also show up in WHMCS on the Addons tab as Project Management.

I've created some Knowledgebase Articles to help explain some of the functionality better. You can view them here:

http://www.lithiumhosting.com/billing/knowledgebase/24/WHMCSPM2

• 3 weeks later...

For this addon can a customer order a project? Basically i want an addon that will allow the client to order a project then submit their details or w/e and once received we (admin) can update them through that and they can download files etc. but the client needs to be able to order a project and fill it out with what they want done. can we do that wilth this mod?

I understand exactly what you are referring to. My recommendation to prevent clients from making projects just means they won't be able to login to the client area and create a project without admin / mod approval.

If you are interested, I could make a Server / Provisioning module so you could treat projects as sellable goods.