WHMCS Project Management2 (NEW)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found a bug where if I enter 60 minutes time, and that time would go past midnight into the next day, it does something strange and makes the time negative. Personally, I would rather just enter time in each task without any dates or clock counter.

Bug confirmed and fixed. The next version will reflect this and it will be available soon.

Please understand I can't make everyone happy. I have added the bulk time entry to satisfy those that don't want to worry with dates and times. However, time calculation is much easier when working with real dates and times. As such, the dates and times won't go away but I can modify and change the way you enter and keep track of time. I'm open to suggestions and if you have any experience with PHP, examples and suggestions are also welcome.

how do you get to the projects area in the client section? Can't seem to find it and your attached images don't seem to show any menu items.

You have to modify your template to link to projects.php

one thing possibly to add is a way to have the project be able to submit an invoice

I had a look at this mod, I like yours better but they have this ability to generate an invoice in whmcs

https://www.everythingweb.co.za/know...yarticle&id=21

great work!

I'll look into this functionality.

Edited by tsiedsma

I'm just using the default template. Can you supply a little more info on how to add the link to projects.php? What is the template filename for the default template?

All you have to do is edit any one of the tpl files in the default template folder and create an <a href="projects.php">View Projects</a> link somewhere on the page.

I tried calling the file directly http://mysite/whmcs/projects.php but it didn't work.

You have to be logged in as a client to view that page. As long as the page exists it will work.

I'm wondering if it makes more sense in the dashboard to show the client by company name instead of first and last name.

Not all clients provide their company name, although all of them have to provide their first and last name.

Edited by tsiedsma

You have to be logged in as a client to view that page. As long as the page exists it will work.

Not all clients provide their company name, although all of them have to provide their first and last name.

Good point on first and last name.

I continue to work with this this morning and I'm really liking it.

One thing. It seems cumbersome to add a task but not be able to enter the time directly in the task. You have to create the task, submit it, then go back into the task and add the time tracking.

If the task could be created in such a way as it would also give you the option to add your first time entry in a single screen.

For me, my task entries will be a single event with no other time tracking beyond the first one.

For example.

My project is Company X 10 hour block. They bought 10 hours of labor. I like that I can tie the invoice to the project.

Next, I create a task that I did some work today and consumed 3 hours of the block. I put right in the description of the task what the work was. But, I cannot enter my hours for the work done yet.

I submit the task. Next, I go back into the task to enter a time entry for the task to credit my hours. It would be nice not to have to do this.

I understand some people will have multiple time entries for the single task. I would be nice to be able to enter the time hours right on the task screen itself. Maybe a circle button that would allow a time entry to be completed right at the task screen, ie optional.

Tom

Forgive my ignorance, but can you please tell me the name of the template file in the root of the client area? I would like to put a link with the other links 'My Details' 'My Services' ,etc..

I'm not sure where you want it. Look through the tpl files and you'll find it. Most of the template files match the page name.

Version 1.0.4 is available, there are a number of improvements and addtions.

• Fixed Issue with time tracking events not working when passing midnight
  • Added Active Task list on admin home page
  • Added Ticket Import to Project
  • Added ability to make tasks private for admin use only
  • Added "Modify" link on the View Project page for easier navigation
  • Changed position of "Add Task" and "Add Files" links for easier navigation
  • Added Time field to Add Task to allow the addition of completed time when creating a new task.

This version is available for download at the location linked in the first post. Also, if you want to purchase this module, it is now available for purchase and you may upgrade your free trial to a owned or monthly license.

OMG! This is awesome. You are awesome. This has solved so many problems for me and will be so much better than tracking these items in Notepad!

I will upgrade my license tonight.

I have a few more recommendations for your next release.

1.) When choosing the calendars for dates, should you decide to choose a prior month than the current, when you select the second calendar, it should automatically change to the same month as the first caledar. I have begun the process of importing in some old tasks out of notepad and am back dating, that's why I noticed this. Same thing for setting up a task in the future, calendar #2 should sync to the same month as was selected in number 1.

2.) The task dashboard shows time with decimals. You could add the total minutes in parenthesis next to it.

Duration: 0.75 hours (45 minutes)

3.) The icon positions of the task are not aligning properly. The alignment depends on the length of the title of the task and is never the same.

4.) Add a "Add new task" link to the bottom of the task list as well. Currently it is only at the top and if you have a lengthy task list, you have to keep scrolling up to add a new task.

5.) The task dashboard might benefit from having the date show on the individual tasks. The tasks currently show in cronological order, might be a benefit to allow a reverse cronological order setting. If you add this, definitely need to show the date on the task summary.

Great job!

Another thing I noticed.

I have a completed project that I have set to 100%. In the projects.php page for the client, it shows 0% complete.

Also, can you set it so if the admin selects the project as completed, the user cannot add another task in the projects.php client page?

Maybe even better, a selection on/off switch on whether to even allow a client to add a task for a given project.

OMG! This is awesome. You are awesome. This has solved so many problems for me and will be so much better than tracking these items in Notepad!

I will upgrade my license tonight.

I have a few more recommendations for your next release.

1.) When choosing the calendars for dates, should you decide to choose a prior month than the current, when you select the second calendar, it should automatically change to the same month as the first caledar. I have begun the process of importing in some old tasks out of notepad and am back dating, that's why I noticed this. Same thing for setting up a task in the future, calendar #2 should sync to the same month as was selected in number 1.

2.) The task dashboard shows time with decimals. You could add the total minutes in parenthesis next to it.

Duration: 0.75 hours (45 minutes)

3.) The icon positions of the task are not aligning properly. The alignment depends on the length of the title of the task and is never the same.

4.) Add a "Add new task" link to the bottom of the task list as well. Currently it is only at the top and if you have a lengthy task list, you have to keep scrolling up to add a new task.

5.) The task dashboard might benefit from having the date show on the individual tasks. The tasks currently show in cronological order, might be a benefit to allow a reverse cronological order setting. If you add this, definitely need to show the date on the task summary.

Great job!

You provide the best feedback and feature requests. I will look into all of these requests!

1) this should be easy with jQuery.

2) I like this idea and will implement it.

3) Can you provide me with a screenshot or something to show me what you are seeing?

4) I removed this and placed it inline with the tabs. I can add a second link below the tasks / files.

Can you fix your shopping cart, the owned price is showing up as monthly.

Tom

Fixed, thanks I hit the wrong radio button.

I'm not sure if I did this or if its in your database, but there is a "My Test Project" entry in the database. In my system, it is abandoned without a user id.

Yeah, there is an example included. You can just delete it.

Another thing I noticed.

I have a completed project that I have set to 100%. In the projects.php page for the client, it shows 0% complete.

Also, can you set it so if the admin selects the project as completed, the user cannot add another task in the projects.php client page?

Maybe even better, a selection on/off switch on whether to even allow a client to add a task for a given project.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue you are having with the percentages showing wrong.

I can make the change with regards to completed projects.

The problem with the sample entry is that if no client is logged in, it will show up in the projects.php page if nobody is logged in.

Hmm, you can't duplicate the project percentage being 0% on the projects.php page, not sure what to do about that but mine definitely says 0% even though the project is set for 100%. Only thing I can tell you is all of my tasks under the project are set for 0% but the project itself is set for 100%.

Here is an image of the misaligned tasks in the dashboard.

image.GIF

The problem with the sample entry is that if no client is logged in, it will show up in the projects.php page if nobody is logged in.

Hmm, you can't duplicate the project percentage being 0% on the projects.php page, not sure what to do about that but mine definitely says 0% even though the project is set for 100%. Only thing I can tell you is all of my tasks under the project are set for 0% but the project itself is set for 100%.

Here is an image of the misaligned tasks in the dashboard.

I'm not sure why you would see a project on the projects.php page if you aren't logged in. I can't replicate this and the projects.php page is set to require a logged in user using the WHMCS recommended method... Maybe it's because you are in as Administrator too.

Ok, what I did for the admin area is if a project is marked as complete, it shows as 100% regardless of task completion.

I'll fix the alignment issue, thanks!

The description for the owned product in the cart still shows 30 day trial.

Nowhere in the description of the Owned product does it say Trial. I'm not sure what you are seeing :( Maybe you have some bad data cached.