WHMCS Live Chat Add-On -RELEASED!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he was banned due to a combination of things.. "the whole situation" + the obvious threat to illegally release source to spite me. I had a long conversation with him last night to set things right and he won't be coming back. Once I wrap up a few other things I'll be posting a new topic to request feedback/suggestions for my chat module.

Best to just let this one die out. I will still be honoring my offer to all Nick's customers as I feel really bad that they paid for something that will no longer be developed/supported.

Weired, because i talked to him also and he said he waqs banned for having more then one account.

He also said that he would have version 1.4.2 out by tonight or tomorrow including smarty.

Atleast that is what he said to me.

I also noticed he has a new version of this module which is also supporting other billing system.

I think there is still hope.

Just got a email

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday morning:).

I just wanted to inform everyone that WHMCSDEV will have a new version of our Simplify Live module within the next 1-2 days. This version will include many new features along with smarty templates.

Feel free to tell your friends:)

Kind Regards,

WHMCSDEV TEAM.

1. what can you do with smarty tags as long as the entire source is encoded?

2. i personally uninstalled this mod because has a serious lack of security:

- if you don't delete the installation folder, someone visiting that folder can see you DB password in clear text.

it can be installed without being logged in as admin.

- if you don't conceal the installation folder somehow (or delete the uninstall.php file) anyone can uninstall this script without being logged in as admin

PLEASE TRY TO DO WHAT I SAID ABOVE, you'll see it's true.

3. most of the tickets i opened up with whmcsdev.com closed themselves for inactivity, i got no responses.

i hope siforek will get something out of this, or else i can call it lost money...

From what i have just read non of what you said is a security risk at all. If you the client does not delete the uninstall/installer then that is kind of your issue.

Look at vbulletin for example, if the installer is left there anyone can install the software. So why don't you say vbulletin as the same security flaw also?

Edited by $name

man, not installing it is a security risk.

when you install it, the DB password is collected by the installer and shown in clear text, to you or to anyone else.

you can install it and uninstall it without proper credentials (you should be logged in as admin to perform such tasks).

i don't care about vbulletin as long as i'm not using it. this is not an excuse...

is this a security risk?

Edited by minadreapta

I have just called the developer regarding this, seeing as how it seem to be an issue. He stated to me that this issue has already been solved and a fix will be released with 1.4.2 which you can expect tonight or tomorrow.

i got it for alot cheaper from the original mod maker as been working with him for other stuff and still am but thats when it was not encoded, hopefully new mod maker will have some sence and not encoded, hopefully as his reps not good enough and livezilla is not encoded and beats all at mo

I have just called the developer regarding this, seeing as how it seem to be an issue. He stated to me that this issue has already been solved and a fix will be released with 1.4.2 which you can expect tonight or tomorrow.

When member account is banned, that doesn't mean someone can suddenly sign up and begin posting on his behalf. A banned account means no forum access.

</thread>