WHMCS Live Chat Add-On -RELEASED!

It's rather basic. Things like this should normally be Java or Flash based. They work far better.

And that's why most are done in either PHP with Ajax or ASP.NET, Your entitled to your opinion. But its comments like "its rather basic" at still the early stages of development that really make me upset.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rather basic. Things like this should normally be Java or Flash based. They work far better.

I just had 2 question. Are you an idiot? or just born stupid?

Come on dude, name some systems that are flash based that are any good. Don't say flash chat:) LOL.

Well dude, i think that if you do not have anything good to say. Just do not say anything at all.

Thanks.

And that's why most are done in either PHP with Ajax or ASP.NET, Your entitled to your opinion. But its comments like "its rather basic" at still the early stages of development that really make me upset.

Why are you using metarefresh versus js and just keeping a socket open? Live chat scripts that use page refreshes to get data is very frustrating and leads to excess resource usages and can lead to browser crashing.

Why are you using metarefresh versus js and just keeping a socket open? Live chat scripts that use page refreshes to get data is very frustrating and leads to excess resource usages and can lead to browser crashing.

I am switching it to ajax. we are just using a metarefresh for accepting the live chats. It's not using that much resources. We are using ajax for everything else though.

+1

Totally agree with this statement and was also wondering the same.

Beside this, sorry to ask but, what is the need of an integrated live chat module in WHMCS when there are already amazing free products (like livezilla) available on the market?

Are you trying to reinvent the wheel?

Edited by Webdomain.com

Lots of people love my module and it seems some hate it.. i don't understand. o well i cant please everyone. The question should be this.. "why do other company's make ipods when apple has the best there is"? its called business, i mean good god! Not trying to offend anyone as everyone has a right to there own opinions. i just wish people would give insight on make the add-on better instead of "bashing" it.

Edited by gurumani

I wasn't trying to be rude. At all.

It is really a serious question. What is the need of an integrated live chat system into WHMCS?

Without being sarcastic, compared to the other product, yours is far away from being a solid nor developed product.

It misses many key functions and look like it has been only developed for, let's say, 1 week (maybe 2).

I wonder then what will be the bugs and issues encountered by the potentials buyers. Not to talk about the security/server resources concerns as well.

If you really want my 2 cents, I guess it would have been more cleaver to create a bridge between WHMCS and a real robust live chat application rather than create your own from the scratch.

@Webdomain.com

man, if you don't need it, then why bother posting here? mind your own business.

you don't like it and don't need it = it's not for you, go find a better one somewhere else.

WHMCS missed "many key functions" in the beginning, why did you buy it then? why do you use it?

Edited by minadreapta

Second that.

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that i have taken over the development for the WHMCS Live Chat Add-On.

I am now the new Owner and new Lead Developer in charge of this project.

For those clients who have already purchased this module, Please register here: http://www.whmcsdev.com/register.php

Once you have registered, we will need your invoice number, along with the Paypal Tran#.

Thanks

@ Minadreapta, Me and Kinder discussed this deal at about 3AM EST. It was very late and i was going to break the news this AM to everyone. I am confirming though that all support requests and purchases of the live support mod should be done to Kinder. He is now the new owner of the live support mod for WHMCS.