WHMCS Live Chat Add-On -RELEASED!

Hello, I have worked up a simple but yet very nice live chat support system for WHMCS! 8)

To demo the system you may go to http://www.gurumaniacs.net/projects/admin/ and login with the username demo and password demo

Click on the "Live Support Chat System" link in the left hand side shortcut menu.

Then open the operator console and then go to http://www.gurumaniacs.net/projects/chat_test.html fill your name in and then send a message then view the Operator Console window and approve the chat request then type a message you will see how wonderful this nifty little add-on is. Now i know that this live chat system does not kick some of the other one's out there. But the goal here is to make everything into one app so there will be no 5,000 different login's or 3rd part app's.

We will be adding features upon requests and doing updates and adding features regular.

If you would like to order a copy of this add-on for only $20.00. You may do so by visiting http://www.gurumaniacs.net/projects/cart.php?gid=5

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I have some questions and some feature requests.

1. Will this module be open source?

2. Will this module always be $20?

Feature request.

1. Add Departments.

2. Add the option to be able to upload your own livechat icon.

3. When clients request livechat support. Have the operator console pull up the clients info.

4. Visitor Monitoring.

5. Ratings / Feedback Form

6. Push Web Pages

7. Typing Indicator (Must)

8. Display of Visitor Referrer and Entry Page URLs

9. Display of Visitor History

10. Sound & Visual Alerts

11. Multi Language Support

Bugs Found.

1. On page http://www.gurumaniacs.net/projects/modules/admin/livechat/client.php where you need to submit name to enter chat, it just does not submit. Does not work on firefox or IE8

Thanks

same here. does not seem to work

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; Tablet PC 2.0)

Timestamp: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:34:36 UTC

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object

Line: 8

Char: 5

Code: 0

URI: http://www.gurumaniacs.net/projects/modules/admin/livechat/ajax_chat.js

Hello,

I have some questions and some feature requests.

1. Will this module be open source?

2. Will this module always be $20?

Feature request.

1. Add Departments.

2. Add the option to be able to upload your own livechat icon.

3. When clients request livechat support. Have the operator console pull up the clients info.

4. Visitor Monitoring.

5. Ratings / Feedback Form

6. Push Web Pages

7. Typing Indicator (Must)

8. Display of Visitor Referrer and Entry Page URLs

9. Display of Visitor History

10. Sound & Visual Alerts

11. Multi Language Support

Bugs Found.

1. On page http://www.gurumaniacs.net/projects/modules/admin/livechat/client.php where you need to submit name to enter chat, it just does not submit. Does not work on firefox or IE8

Thanks

As more features get added the module will go up in price. We will never exceed the price of $40 though. The module code can be edited in anyway shape or form. We will make note of your features request's and plan to add them.

Perfect.

Glad to see it will be open source.

Also, if possible please try to add a better client/operator interface along with some sort of indications to the client that there chat request has been accepted ect.

New bug.

1. When entering your name and then clicking Enter, it does not display in the operator window that there is someone requesting a chat unless that client types a message first.

Thanks.

Perfect.

Glad to see it will be open source.

Also, if possible please try to add a better client/operator interface along with some sort of indications to the client that there chat request has been accepted ect.

New bug.

1. When entering your name and then clicking Enter, it does not display in the operator window that there is someone requesting a chat unless that client types a message first.

Thanks.

If the user does not type a message, then there is no need to alert the operator till they do. IMHO. That's what i was thinking when i coded it. But i can understand where you are coming form too. It could go both ways to be honest.

I am making the list right now with the new features to be added to it! thanks! :lol:

I think it would be best to alert the operator as soon as a client enters the chat as most times the client will wait and wait for an operator not knowing they needed to type a message first.

Also,

Which features were you planning on getting in first? and when can we expect a new release?

Thanks.

I think it would be best to alert the operator as soon as a client enters the chat as most times the client will wait and wait for an operator not knowing they needed to type a message first.

Also,

Which features were you planning on getting in first? and when can we expect a new release?

Thanks.

Agreed, We will make the change. Still making the list. I will notify you and the others as soon as we know. we plan to have a new release out by next weekend.

On the guest username page you need to have a message field where the user inputs their question, which is the first message of the chat, then the support agent needs to have an option to accept the chat, upon which an automatic message should be displayed to the guest saying something like:

Hello, my name is John, I'm part of the XXX support staff. How may I help you today?

And then the conversation truly starts ;)

On the guest username page you need to have a message field where the user inputs their question, which is the first message of the chat, then the support agent needs to have an option to accept the chat, upon which an automatic message should be displayed to the guest saying something like:

And then the conversation truly starts ;)

Thanks for your input! I love to hear form people what could make our add-on's better! We will take this into consideration. :-P

By chance can you please let us know if you will be adding in the option so that when a current client enters the chat, it will display that clients details to the operator depending on the operators department or permissions?

Example,

1. Say a current client is logged into there account, have the operator console detect the clients details so that we do not need ask them for there details ect.

2. if the client is not logged in and request support, you could make them type in there ticket number and or email address before chat starts which would then detect the client and or client details.

Please let us know soon if this will be added into the next release.

I think this is a must as there would be nothing different from your livechat system, then a different system like livezilla.

This would be the main perk to this module.

By chance can you please let us know if you will be adding in the option so that when a current client enters the chat, it will display that clients details to the operator depending on the operators department or permissions?

Example,

1. Say a current client is logged into there account, have the operator console detect the clients details so that we do not need ask them for there details ect.

2. if the client is not logged in and request support, you could make them type in there ticket number and or email address before chat starts which would then detect the client and or client details.

Please let us know soon if this will be added into the next release.

I think this is a must as there would be nothing different from your livechat system, then a different system like livezilla.

This would be the main perk to this module.

Yes i will be adding this feature. It might be in the 3rd release though. I will try to get it into the upcoming release.

Does not work in Google Chrome, and I agree with the guy above... this is half finished. Actually, I doubt it's even half done, it's very basic and I am not keen on this. If I were you, I'd leave this for the big guys to do.

This is very basic, however i do not think he should stop the project and await someone else to do this, because if he did that, this module would have not of been started as it would have been out along time ago if someone else would have did this.

At this point in time, i would not suggest anyone use it, unless you are beta testing it as is very basic and lacks pretty much everything.

Everyone should should look at the fact that he has only been working on it for a day or so, which is pretty good.

Give this project a nother week as he said and it will look more like a livechat system.

Thanks.

This is very basic, however i do not think he should stop the project and await someone else to do this, because if he did that, this module would have not of been started as it would have been out along time ago if someone else would have did this.

At this point in time, i would not suggest anyone use it, unless you are beta testing it as is very basic and lacks pretty much everything.

Everyone should should look at the fact that he has only been working on it for a day or so, which is pretty good.

Give this project a nother week as he said and it will look more like a livechat system.

Thanks.

Kinder, i have started the project and i am going to finish it and make it better. The first release of things will have bugs always and lack features and it seems like you understand this. I don't think some people fully understand what it takes to code.