Recommend some Live Help application

TerrasIOI

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John;100871']I recommend Live Help Messenger. I used to use it and never had a problem. From my own experience' date=' LiveZilla is definately a resource hog.[/quote']

Only in memory terms (about 65MB on my system), CPU is neglidgable.

The thing with Livezilla is it actually works as a chat application with more than one agent at a time unlike Live Help Messenger and Kayako Live Response (Both paid for commercial packages which you would expect to work with more than one agent at a time). I can't count the times I requested a chat with a visitor using Kayako only to find another operator was actually given the chat when the user accepted.

That and the fact that Live Response would never tell you if a user had refused a chat or had already been chat requested so you ended up with users being bombarded with multiple chat requests from different agents.

Live Response = How to lose customers quickly

I had a similar experience with Live Help Messenger.

To be quite frank, I agree with you mcraedesigns. We left liveperson in an attempt to save money but Livezilla has got to be the worst live chat application ever created by man, there are so many things wrong with it that had us quickly calling liveperson back to have them re-activate our account.

To be quite frank, I agree with you mcraedesigns. We left liveperson in an attempt to save money but Livezilla has got to be the worst live chat application ever created by man, there are so many things wrong with it that had us quickly calling liveperson back to have them re-activate our account.

Maybe it is poor, but hey, its free, so you really cant complain to be honest. The fact that you didnt thoroughly test it out before putting it into production says something as well.

Our technician is the one who recommended it, tested it for a little while but really the only true way you can test something and know how it will work is in a production environment, where we all quickly found we were losing customers as a result of using the software.

I can't talk about liveperson as I have never even considered using it, all I know is it is probably the most expensive live support "subscription service" available, so expensive they don't even publish prices and for that money I would expect the best of the best and since it is not self hosted and quite expensive I would expect it to run fast too.

Livezilla on the other hand is FREE, and works far better than the two (probably most popular) commercial self hosted packages I have used, Kayako Live Response and Live Help Messenger both of which failed miserably to live up to expectation.

I have not had any significant slowdown in site speed using Livezilla, certainly not enough to worry me that visitors would be put off, maybe your server just wasn't up to it, you don't mention what hardware you were running it on. Maybe you were dealing with a LOT of traffic on your site, in which case I wouldn't recommended Livezilla or any self hosted application unless you have the server powerful enough to handle it.

Live Chat applications are typically high resource applications as they have to communicate almost continuously with the servers for both web and desktop based apps, this can be compounded by number of visitors to a site.

Livezilla has a few settings that affect both the level of communication the application makes and the responsiveness of the chat system. The more responsive the system the more resources are used.

I found that livezilla would not initiate the pop-up chat request quickly enough but this is because the default visitor poll frequency was too high (by default something like 20 seconds). Bringing this down to about 3 seconds made things much more responsive and things run very well indeed here.

Personally if I were LivePerson I would be shitting my pants right now, as Livezilla finally delivers a usable, reliable and inexpensive live support solution that is easily good enough for most peoples needs and in these hard times a lot of people are looking to reduce expenses.

The next version of livezilla out soon should reduce site based resource usage even more as it will support SQL database support rather than being stuck with a file based system (Although I believe this support will continue).

I still haven't been able to find a Live Chat package I've been happy with.

I used to primarily be a Mac user and I'm know a Linux user for my main desktop, with a Mac laptop. I prefer to have a desktop program to connect to any live chat system running (either self hosted or remotely).

ProvideSupport now have a Windows/Mac/Linux all in one program in beta. It does the job but costs per month (from $15 per month so not the most expensive) but I find the UI of the desktop program a little bit clunky and not particular well designed.

Activa Live Chat looks great - and you can write bits to plug in to it, or plug it in to other systems, but I don't sit well with having to pay $69 per operator per month. It uses Adobe Air so is cross platform too.

LiveZilla is good but I dont use Windows primarily so not good to me.

Sometimes I think I should sit down and write something that people actually want. Fast software, easy to use intuitive desktop client that works on whichever system you want to use!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LiveZilla isn't too bad, but it doesn't give me that clean professional feel to it for some reason, and some of my clients had issues using the web based client. I'll stick with it for now but within a few weeks I'm hoping to switch to LiveResponse.

What's crazy about that is that WHMCS, a billing system costs $16 from a reseller, and LiveResponse, a live chat system and knowledgebase, costs $25 :shock:

• 3 months later...

Sorry to drag this thread up again - but can any of you Livezilla people tell me how to add canned resources? Searched on the livezilla forum but couldn't find much.

I am staring at it trying to figure it out - I click the + sign to add and it wants to upload a file to the server - do i need to make a whole lot of html pages or something?

Sorry if my question is stupid - but I can't see it :?