Recommend some Live Help application

TerrasIOI

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never go with PHP Live Support, their software hasn't been updated in years, and they've never replied to any of our support tickets. LiveZilla on the other hand, is really good, we've been using it for a good few months now, with only a few issues. The person often doing support, isn't fluent in english though, so it's sometimes hard to make out exactly what he's saying. Kayako's support chat is definitely up there if you're willing to pay.

Edited by Serenade

I've been playing around with LiveZilla for a little while now. On my cPanel server, everything works flawlessly, its really quite impressive.

I am having trouble though getting it to work on my employer's self hosted non-cpanel server. According to one of the the admins on the LiveZilla forums:

The configuration of some (Linux) server systems can make it really hard for LiveZilla to work properly.

As I've said, it's working flawlessly on my cPanel server.

This livezilla looks really cool. I downloaded it yesterday but haven't installed on the server. Is there a manual or documentation for it? I couldn't find anything other than the FAQ on their site. I would like to review the server installation instructions before I actually install!

It could be in the public_htlm directory, but it'd be best to put it in a sub directory. Otherwise it's index.phnp would overwrite yours. Also, it is recommended to use the admin client to upload the files to the server. It should set the permissions correctly for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Saw a post on webhostingtalk forum a while back where one of the posters said that if you contact liveperson you can get a better deal. But apparently you have to be a bit persistent. I'll try to dig up the thread and post it here this evening.

We did this, although didn't read the webhostingtalk forum. We did a live chat with Liveperson as we had some questions to ask. During the chat, we ummed and arrred about price. In an effort to secure our business they offered 21 day free trial (normally 14 days) and 20% off seat price for life and for any additional seats we add.

Please note: we have not started using Liveperson live yet as we are still configuring it. Currently we use PHPLive but it drops connection yet visitors still think you are online. We made some changes to the system.php file but hasn't really helped.

We want to really push use of live chat and felt Liveperson were best placed to provide a consistent reliable service and therefore happy to pay that bit extra

Hope the helps!

:-)

Edited by netmotiv8

There is also liveperson.net, however it's the most expensive I have come across priced at a mere $99, and that's per month - per chat operator! I think it is the best one available though, but not great if you're on a budget.

Crafty Syntax may be free, but very poor. I am also looking for a well priced Live Chat solution.

i have used crafty syntax, but, have not really put the time into deciding if its really for me. i have used another live help application that i thought was pretty neat. Volusion Live Support

would like to see one that would connect to a mobile device so that if you are away from the computer for a bit,then you are still able to monitor your support post.

I just installed LiveZilla as per another WHMCS users recommendation. And to be honest (excuse the language) why the hell is everybody not using this? Especially if you are a start up or smaller company looking for the best bang for the buck. I can even see this easily working for larger companies.

Here is a banner, click it, download the Live!Zilla, try it, love it, use it for free!

livezilla_net_banner3.gif

To make a long story short, I am hugely impressed with it. I will be giving it more use as much as possible, but install was a snap, configuration was a snap, simple code snippet into your template and Bam! done. I even used my previous live chat online/offline images.

This has been a very productive day indeed, what with seeing this custom enom module in action. Which could prove to be quite useful and hopefully integrated into WHMCS in the future.

-Mike

I think providesupport is much better. Its server is reliable and its only 15 dollars / month. The only drawback is that you can't check the operator performance through report.

Livezilla doesnt work with me. I think they are *

They are *? LOL! They are widely used by many companies and they are very satisfied!