Recommend some Live Help application

TerrasIOI

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Kayako's SupportSuite myself.

Admin side of livechat is locally installed software connected to your server. There's two different apps with differing levels of integration with your site. (One is strictly chat, the other integrates tickets etc).

The client side is web based, but works fairly nicely. Plus you can customize it to your liking via templates (atleast with an owned license, not sure about leased licenses)

• 3 weeks later...
Liveperson was the best to date, but its sooooo pricey!

Saw a post on webhostingtalk forum a while back where one of the posters said that if you contact liveperson you can get a better deal. But apparently you have to be a bit persistent. I'll try to dig up the thread and post it here this evening.

Saw a post on webhostingtalk forum a while back where one of the posters said that if you contact liveperson you can get a better deal. But apparently you have to be a persistent. I'll try to dig up the thread and post it here this evening.

Oh I had 50% off. But at 2 seats $100 is silly. Chastat is just not logically made. I think provide support is all I have left.

We purchased StarDevelop System about a year ago and noticed that it really hogged our resources; as we searched, we decided to go with Provide Support System.

The system is functional and the price is great. Now if they will develop a mobile version so we are not tied to a computer.

Well after being happy with Chat Stat, I went back to TrioLive free. Chat Stat is good, but I don't like the way they charge for this and that. Even a basic service where you want to be able to edit the chat icon will cost you $5 per month.

TrioLive is freee for 1 license, and the chat client and features work well. It's easy to install and integrate.

Well after being happy with Chat Stat, I went back to TrioLive free. Chat Stat is good, but I don't like the way they charge for this and that. Even a basic service where you want to be able to edit the chat icon will cost you $5 per month.

TrioLive is freee for 1 license, and the chat client and features work well. It's easy to install and integrate.

Thomas Murphy from Chatstat was telling me how my current system is annoying and he was just really annoying. He would come onto my site bugging me to switch to chatstat. Very unprofessional. I complained to his manager and go no reply.

Chat stat - a no go!

Is cost the main reason for your decisions on a chat system or is it function, ease of use, and customization?

I'd say a mix of both. Liveperson at $50/seat is too much because I have more than 1 member on my team. I'd look at 10-15 to get each of us online, not 50-100 no way.

Thomas Murphy from Chatstat was telling me how my current system is annoying and he was just really annoying. He would come onto my site bugging me to switch to chatstat. Very unprofessional. I complained to his manager and go no reply.

Chat stat - a no go!

Lol , what a salesman eh ? Buy our product or I will drive you insane . I have been using Stardevelop's application for a few years now and find it fine. Didnt notice it was a resource hogger !

I have been using Stardevelop's application for a few years now and find it fine. Didnt notice it was a resource hogger !

We like Stardevelop's Live Help, too. Support is great, and upgrades are free for life. As for resource usage, it's quite low when minimized to the system tray notification area, but otherwise a bit greedy.

You might want to look into Hab.la. Hab.la is a free service that lets you chat with visitors to your website using your existing XMPP (Jabber) compatible client. It lacks some of the features of other more expensive livehelp solutions, but meets the needs of many small businesses.

-ben