Recommend some Live Help application

TerrasIOI

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although we've been using PHPLive for years, we originally had HumanClick, then has also tried LivePerson years ago. I would be interested in more feedback from users (rather than...oh it's the best).

For anyone interested in PHPLive, it is very flexible, provides full readable source, but does have some downsides... namely: you do need to do a few easy fixes for XSS issues, and harden it, but you can also add features to it and is ideal if you want complete control. Also it's no longer actively developed, but has nearly, if not all features that LivePerson has.

We tried LP a few years back and I was left with a few stale tastes of their java or js crashing older browsers, and the overall cost, even though recently (12/07) they quoted $350/mo for 5 users, which is apparently a very good deal for LP.

Any constructive comments on LP ?

Although we've been using PHPLive for years, we originally had HumanClick, then has also tried LivePerson years ago. I would be interested in more feedback from users (rather than...oh it's the best).

For anyone interested in PHPLive, it is very flexible, provides full readable source, but does have some downsides... namely: you do need to do a few easy fixes for XSS issues, and harden it, but you can also add features to it and is ideal if you want complete control. Also it's no longer actively developed, but has nearly, if not all features that LivePerson has.

We tried LP a few years back and I was left with a few stale tastes of their java or js crashing older browsers, and the overall cost, even though recently (12/07) they quoted $350/mo for 5 users, which is apparently a very good deal for LP.

Any constructive comments on LP ?

LP has the best user interface in my opinion, no extra windows opening etc.

Also, nag them down for a 50% coupon saying your 'friend' has it. $250 for 5 ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...