Billing, due and invoicing dates

Hey guys! 
Im looking for some advice regarding invoicing.
I currently am migrating to WHMCS and wanted to setup individual recurringly billed products for pre-existing customers.
What would be the best approach, if i wanted them all to be invoiced on the first of every month?
Should i create billable iteams and how do i make them invoice on the first?
Or would a product/service be more suitable?

Thanks for your input! 

For billable item, set it to recur and set the next due date to the first of the month.   You can prorate manually if you wanted to do so and do another billable item due today.

For services, if you want all services to be billed on the first or x day of the month, you can set that within the system settings -> products -> the product / service -> Pricing tab -> Prorata Billing checked and Prorata Date set to 1 .   When signed up for the service, they should get a prorated fee due and then on the first get a full invoice.

Which to use comes down to personal preference and what you are doing.  For example, if doing something needs keeping track of what needs to be done, a service with custom fields would be better than a billable item.