MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement Module - Alternative?

MikeP

Hello,

I've done a quick search around the forums but can't find anything definitive.  I'm wondering if anyone has found an alternative to MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement module?

I'm still stuck at version 7.10.2 because I've received 0 response from MyWorks for months and don't want to upgrade and end up with the fiasco it caused the last time when it didn't support the latest version of WHMCS.

Any help or advice would go a long way!

Thanks in advance.

On 05/01/2021 at 14:28, MikeP said:

Any help or advice would go a long way!

there have been posts (well one!) suggesting that it works with v8...

you could test it on a v8 dev to confirm this yourself, though i'd have concerns about it's long-term future following the decline in their responses...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad i'm not alone with MyWorks. Did you receive any reply from MyWorks support? Did you find an alternative PayPal  solution? I have renewed my licence. Unfortunately my ticket is silently closed to 'Awaiting your reply'. Someone actively changes the ticket status without any reply. There's no reaction at all.  I have been waiting for days.

Is MyWorks WHMCS PayPal Module V3.1 compatible WHMCS 7.10.2 When I open the Client area billing agreement page paypalbilling.php, the following error message shows:

Error: Call to undefined function getPaymentMethod() in /htdocs/whmcs/public/paypalbilling.php:151 
Stack trace:  #0 {main}

• 3 weeks later...

I got a short reply. I was able to fix my error. Indeed, MyWorks stopped development. As a longterm customer I didn't receive any news about their decision to drop WHMCS. But they still charge me for they service. I am not happy about that.

Did you find a solid alternative to MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement module?

• 2 weeks later...

Well that is strange, I used their QuickBooks module some years back and their support was excellent. They always responded on time but as someone mentioned I think they are completely dropping WHMCS to focus on other platforms. The last time I spoke with them about adding something to their module, they said it was not worth to them because the WHMCS market was tiny and WHMCS was very limited when it comes to development (wonder why...we know why...).

I ended up coding my own exporter in the end to fit my accounting needs.

This can only spell troubles in the future if they are not giving their WHMCS module anymore love and support.

I sent them a ticket 2 or 3 weeks back to ask about the compatibility with the  latest WHMCS version and I got a reply back the next day saying it should work fine.

Disappointing to hear they have stopped development as it's a much better solution for taking PayPal payments compared to the default WHMCS PayPal module.

• 1 month later...

Good thing we have the open-source copy and are able to keep it updated to work with newer versions.

Honestly the PayPal Billing Agreements API is pretty simple and I do have another PayPal Billing Agreements module I can swap in if I absolutely have to.

Unfortunately as I don't have license to distribute either piece of software I can't share... That said I really suggest avoiding encoded software within your billing system if at all possible.  I really wish WHMCS would go open source or would at least offer open source with an NDA.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm still using the MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement module but I'm interesting into migrating to LCWSoft PayPal Billing Agreements. After the migration the users will have to "re-agree" via PayPal page or also tokens are migrated in the new module?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably a good choice for them business-wise, but would've appreciated a simple heads-up e-mail.  I'm still using the MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement module but I'm interesting into migrating to LCWSoft PayPal Billing Agreements. After the migration the users will have to "re-agree" via PayPal page or also tokens are migrated in the new module?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, TheHackRepairGuy said:

Has anyone used this LCWSoft PayPal Billing Agreements module for longer than a few months

and can comment as to whether it's a fairly seamless transition

and does the job similarly to the MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement Module 3.1 version / WHMCS 8.6?

Thanks!

Would also like to know this..

On 11/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, TheHackRepairGuy said:

Has anyone used this LCWSoft PayPal Billing Agreements module for longer than a few months

and can comment as to whether it's a fairly seamless transition

and does the job similarly to the MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement Module 3.1 version / WHMCS 8.6?

Thanks!

We moved over to the LCWSoft module a few months ago and the migration was amazingly seamless. As part of the setup you can choose to import billing agreements from other modules and it worked without any hiccups at all for us.

Can anyone comment on the behaviour of the module / WHMCS if the module is disabled / deleted? I want all the agreements to be removed.

if I disable the MyWorks module and remove it - will all the paypal recurring  "payment methods" associated with this module be correctly removed form the database or will I need to clean it up manually?