When is the WHMCS team going to wake up and realize

Evolve Web Hosting

That we need a release or two of PURE bug fixes? The last I don't know how many releases are loaded with new bugs and to me it's like 'ok, which version do I pick that will have the least amount of bugs that effect our customers?' and I'll go with that version. For example, 7.10.2 had a bug that causes the admin and the customer to not be able to update a billing address for credit card payments. So, that's fixed in v8.0 which introduced it's own set of new bugs. Now, we were hoping to upgrade to 8.1 so that we could finally get the 7.10.2 bug fixed and now see numerous reports of bugs on the 8.1 release. It seems like WHMCS just has a calendar saying we're going to release x number of updates this year, on these set dates, no matter what and then they're all pushed out. Personally, I'd be more than happy to pay all year and only receive 1 or 2 updates for the year as long as they were of high quality - to fix numerous bugs. Why not sit down and take the time to do things right? I highly doubt that even 50% of your customer base wants or needs these new MarketConnect features and SSL monitoring and other 'features' that you're adding so often.

13 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

Why not sit down and take the time to do things right? I highly doubt that even 50% of your customer base wants or needs these new MarketConnect features and SSL monitoring and other 'features' that you're adding so often.

That true what they need to do is release version like 8.0.5 with ALL bugs that they find  not wait a year or 2 that you be doing. And stop add to much feature on MarketConnect am sure not like all your clients use this or make money.

Your should be more worries fixing ALL the bug that your clients report that more importment then any feature. Feature can wait until everything is fix right

• 1 month later...

What is even more frustrating is reporting what are clearly defects to have support tell you that it is not a bug as that was the developers intention even when it would be blindingly obvious to a child that the behaviour was not desirable - they appear to now only consider something a bug if the behaviour is not what that code was meant to achieve - or to say they cant reproduce it when they clearly havent bothered and they then have to back down and acknowledge the bug when challeneged

If they continue to behave this way someone else will appear and take their market

Basic usability from an operators perspective seem to have been ignored for years, SEO improvements have been ignored for years

I have only been using the product for around 6 weeks and am raising multiple bug reports on a daily basis and have raised 20 feature requests now - all hidden as their moderator cant be bothered to approve them even after chasing 

• 2 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 2:04 AM, evolve hosting said:

That we need a release or two of PURE bug fixes? 

They need all the bugs in the code to make sure all the people on Owned Lifetime Licences they just screwed over and forced into re-buying exponentially more expensive subscriptions keep handing over money each month to try and get their desperately needed bug fixes and security patches.

13 minutes ago, Ithiel said:

They need all the bugs in the code to make sure all the people on Owned Lifetime Licences they just screwed over and forced into re-buying exponentially more expensive subscriptions keep handing over money each month to try and get their desperately needed bug fixes and security patches.

It would be better if you kept these theories to yourself. Otherwise you'll give them ideas 😅 A lot of people will still use WHMCS before the userbase gets smaller and smaller.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

Thank you for updating your comments following today's announcement.

We are always collating user feedback and consider it important in shaping our product and policies for the future.

Our customer service team is here to discuss any concerns you may have about these changes via: https://www.whmcs.com/contact

5 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

We are always collating user feedback and consider it important in shaping our product and policies for the future.

No you're not. If WHMCS actually considered their users, they wouldn't be committing fraud right now.