Question

Dears,

I need to start Webhosting Business and I have some question

Cpanel installed in Cloud Digitalocean  

1- I read that the best to install your website (Pilot) in different Server with a different IP address

2- is it good to install the WHMCS in Subdomain in different server with a different IP address

3- I will rent a dedicated server and I will split it to multiple VPS and start selling VPS and shared Hosting did it need to have another dedicated server in another location for customer backup 

4- for the dedicated server how to make each VPS have a special IP address or is it normal all of them to have same the dedicated server IP 

thanks 

3 answers to this question

1. Your website and WHMCS can run on the same IP. cPanel should handle that for you. 

2. You can install it on a subdomain. 

3. That's your choice. Make sure whatever VPS provisioning tool (like SolusVM and Virtualizor) you use supports backups. 

4. Unless you configure NAT, VPS will need their own public IP. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By kan
      Hi
      Client charged 2nd time even if invoice is paid, Client paying using PayPal subscription. BUT In previous two months it was normal and charging only once per invoice.
      Invoice 1: https://nimb.ws/J2Apmk
      Invoice 2: https://nimb.ws/W1ci0K
      Log: https://nimb.ws/gdYsqv
      Is this setting from PayPal Subscription or anything else in Product setup?

Thanks in advance
      kan
    • By HardSoftCode
      Security login adds an additional layer of security to your client area. If the user failed login attempts x times then the user remember his password and successfully login he need to enter a second passcode that will be send to his email this will make sure that the user is him and he is the one trying to login to his account and it's not another guy trying to get the user account.
      Features
      Countdown date picker Template system with 4 templates Social link for social media buttons Page content manager About us and contact us pages only for minigo template Google reCAPTCHA Subscribe form Export subscribers email addresses to CSV file Changelog
      Rewrite the code from scratch Improve the UI for admin area Improve move emails to email templates New login with verified link New disable security login if the client enable 2FA New google reCAPTCHA New setup the waiting time to request the PIN code resend New prevent email from saving in log New company logo and copyright in page For more details and screenshot visit the product page
      https://www.hardsoftcode.com/products.php?p=product&a=security-login
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Maintenance mode for WHMCS is for preventing any users other than administrators from using the site while maintenance is taking place, though it's not designed to prevent user access during version upgrades. When users attempt to access a course when your site is in maintenance mode, they obtain a message informing them that the site is in maintenance mode. If you wish, you can create a customized maintenance mode message, perhaps stating when the site will be available again or giving the reason for doing maintenance.
      Features
      Countdown date picker Template system with 4 templates Social link for social media buttons Page content manager About us and contact us pages only for minigo template Google reCAPTCHA Subscribe form Export subscribers email addresses to CSV file Changelog
      Rewrite the code from scratch Improve the UI for admin area New subscribe form New 3 new templates New google reCAPTCHA New export subscribers email addresses to CSV file New countdown date picker For more details and screenshot visit the product page
      https://www.hardsoftcode.com/products.php?p=product&a=maintenance-mode
    • By Norberto Ramirez
      Good morning, how are you all?
      This time I have a small problem from days ago as indicated by the title of the topic, my WHMCS system is not sending emails to the corresponding clients (payment notice, email verification, password change, new clients and many more).
      I have searched the community if there is a related topic and I will not get it who can give me a hand?
      Note: I have already reviewed the email platform in the cPanel and everything is fine, the main email sent and receives emails, password and configuration of the same, I think the problem occurred with the last update of the system
    • By zitu4life
      Hello there
      Utilities>Logs>Activity logs or Admin Logs
      An user can delete those entries to hide what he done??.
      Examples: sometimes we ask support on official WHMCS website (www.whmcs.com) or even other custom modules development  for some-kind trobleshooting or even an developer for something that need to have access to our WHMCS.
      1 - Grant access to a staff from WHMCS sound resealable acceptable and most trusted (considering I am doing it from www.whmcs.com;
      2- But when it is from other company modules developers less reputable than WHMCS sometimes I am not so comfortable in giving access full administrator especially if you never know exactly what time they will login (due different time zones).
      PS: there is those options to send confidential information on special fields provided, but....
      An admin user, can just manipulate WHMCS logs and do bad things and erase history, or just snoop around your stuff and erase at the end?
      So what is you best practices when you need to provide confidencial information for your custom module development or a developer?
    • By QuintenRowland
      Hi All 

Looking for a developer that can build me a couple of provisioning modules ?

Please pm me 

Regards
      Quinten Rowland