Stripe "Uncaptured" Payments

hkhost

On 10/31/2023 at 9:00 AM, Vox said:

Hi Guys,

Updating this thread as WHMCS have confirmed the above post regarding the change of IP address. If the clients IP address changes during the payment process it will not complete.

This means that any customers using services such as "iCloud Private Relay" may be prone to payment failures.

I guess that makes sense 😶

• 1 month later...

I notice the same issue Its been happening for several months..

One existing client seems to trigger it whenever he registers a new domain. Today, he was charged 4x. One goes through, and three others show as Uncaptured. It happened for months after a WHMCS update, but I'm unsure what update caused the problem.

Captcha Form Protection is set to off when logged in. So we can rule out Captcha.  Still, it is set to

reCAPTCHA v2 (Google's reCAPTCHA system)

Captcha for Select Forms is not selected for

Shopping Cart Checkout

Domain Checker

Login Forms

only enabled for

Client Registration

Contact Form

Login Forms

Disable Session IP Check is enabled, so that not causing issue either.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, HostXNow said:

It's an issue with WHMCS/Stripe itself.

I'd agree, based on it falling over with the updated files to fix a flaw causing it, and the updated file provided again fixing it. That  implies they know what causes it, perhaps....or the updated file that fixed it was simply the pre-exploit file unchanged. 😉

Does WHMCS recommend a specific Stripe API version?

I noticed that my business using API 2020-08-27 suffers the issue most. Two other businesses using 2019-08-14 and 2023-10-16 very rarely have the issue. It's hard to exclude other factors though. Guess I'll bump the failing WHMCS to API version 2023-10-16.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 3:52 PM, bear said:

I'd agree, based on it falling over with the updated files to fix a flaw causing it, and the updated file provided again fixing it. That  implies they know what causes it, perhaps....or the updated file that fixed it was simply the pre-exploit file unchanged. 😉

I tried many different things and even did test orders using the default Twenty-One theme and still got Uncaptured payments.

I use a single-page checkout for the theme, and it was that causing the issue.  I'm still using the same theme but selected the option to use the regular checkout steps that WHMCS uses and no more Uncaptured payments for days.

So, in this case, it looks to be an issue with the theme, and I'll let the developer know about the issue, which affects the single-checkout page only.

I'll use the regular checkout pages, which still look good on the theme. It does seem that WHMCS changed something at some point, which has affected a lot of custom themes, and developers did not know about it.

Anyway, hopefully, resolved now.

2 minutes ago, HostXNow said:

I tried many different things and even did test orders using the default Twenty-One theme and still got Uncaptured payments.

I use a single-page checkout for the theme, and it was that causing the issue.  I'm still using the same theme but selected the option to use the regular checkout steps that WHMCS uses and no more Uncaptured payments for days.

So, in this case, it looks to be an issue with the theme, and I'll let the developer know about the issue, which affects the single-checkout page only.

I'll use the regular checkout pages, which still look good on the theme. It does seem that WHMCS changed something at some point, which has affected a lot of custom themes, and developers did not know about it.

Anyway, hopefully, resolved now.

Hopefully you have got it sorted.

With that said I have always used the recommended Standard WHMCS cart and had the same uncaptured payments.

Dealing with this exact issue still, Croster theme.
Test and live stripe, both result in Uncaptured. Customer gets sent to the invoice being required to pay (again), once they pay it there, it works.

See this error in Stripe in API Logs. Secret key is provided, I've reset / regenerated it multiple times as well.

{

"error": {

"code": "secret_key_required",

"doc_url": "https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/secret-key-required",

"message": "This API call cannot be made with a publishable API key. Please use a secret API key. You can find a list of your API keys at https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys.",

"request_log_url": "https://dashboard.stripe.com/test/logs/req_viiblah blah blah",

"type": "invalid_request_error"

}

}

21 hours ago, Stormster said:

Dealing with this exact issue still, Croster theme.
Test and live stripe, both result in Uncaptured. Customer gets sent to the invoice being required to pay (again), once they pay it there, it works.

See this error in Stripe in API Logs. Secret key is provided, I've reset / regenerated it multiple times as well.

{

"error": {

"code": "secret_key_required",

"doc_url": "https://stripe.com/docs/error-codes/secret-key-required",

"message": "This API call cannot be made with a publishable API key. Please use a secret API key. You can find a list of your API keys at https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/apikeys.",

"request_log_url": "https://dashboard.stripe.com/test/logs/req_viiblah blah blah",

"type": "invalid_request_error"

}

}

I'm using the Croster theme too. It was doing it when using single-checkout. As soon as I disabled that, the Uncaptured payments stopped happening. It's been fine for several days now.

I guess they need to fix the single checkout page for Croster. Maybe they can have it fixed for the next version of WHMCS 8.9, which will be released soon to also update PayPal payments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...