Web Host Pro

How to allow support ticket reply details in the email

Posted (edited)

3. Right now when a tech reply's to a ticket it just says login to see the reply in the customer's email. How can I have the reply been seen in the email sent to the customer? And also still have a link to login and reply.

We don't have email piping and require a login to reply but it would be better if they could read the reply in the email without needing to login.

2. Also can I have the reply to email for tickets be: noreply@webhost.pro Not sure where to change this.

I did System Emails From Email but the ticket still shows the main email.

I guess I have to change the main email type SMTP settings?

Edited by Web Host Pro

20 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

1. Right now when a tech reply's to a ticket it just says login to see the reply in the customer's email. How can I have the reply been seen in the email sent to the customer? And also still have a link to login and reply.

I think it should include the reply content by default - does your "Support Ticket Reply" email template include {$ticket_message} in it's message body ??

20 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

2. Also can I have the reply to email for tickets be: noreply@webhost.pro Not sure where to change this.

years ago you could set a reply-to address by editing the class.phpmailer.php file (assuming you're using PHPMailer)... would assume it's still works, but haven't tried that in a long while... though it will be in the vendor folder now rather than includes...

21 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

I did System Emails From Email but the ticket still shows the main email.

the "From" address can be defined in each email template...

MaHociD.png

Awesome, the reply code worked.

I also was able to just use the noreply for the mail email in WHMCS which changed the template. I didn't know you can change the email per template. That's awesome too!

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By onliner
      Hello,

I have 6 support department X members. According to information at 

https://docs.whmcs.com/Ticket_Notifications

they should all be notified when someone opens a ticket. However, just a main admin receives mail notifications.

I've set all permissions and assigned all members correctly to departments etc.

Do I have to use 

https://docs.whmcs.com/Support_Ticket_Escalations

to achieve that?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers.

• By sol2010
      Hello
      Since April Google has made some changes to Gmail in that Gmail no longer simply groups email conversations based on subject line and ticket ID etc.
      Now, Gmail will only group emails if the email contains reference IDs in the header, for the previous emails.
      Since many clients use Gmail and the support tickets have previously been grouped based on [ticket #12345] etc, now it is most unfortunate that this doesn't work - and instead, users are receiving new email each time.
      We have had a lot of clients comment on this issue.
      Can WHMCS consider adding some additional setting inside email header to provide reference to previously sent email IDs?

Previously, Gmail would thread together messages when either:
      A message is sent in reply to another, or A message has: The same sender or recipients The same subject Is sent within one week of an earlier message in the thread With this change, Google has added the requirement that an incoming message’s Reference header, if present, must reference IDs of previous messages in order to thread. This means that if you receive two emails with the same subject from the same sender, these emails will not be threaded together unless one explicitly references the other.
      For further clarification, the first email’s Message-ID should match the second email’s References and In-Reply-To.

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2019/03/threading-changes-in-gmail-conversation-view.html
      https://support.google.com/mail/thread/3398996?hl=en

• By Malith Perera
      who is know how to active  WHMCS Support Ticket E mail Send Client E mail
    • By tldagent
      Hi all.

OK, I have an issue that has probably been encountered before but need some help. I have a client who opens tickets from one of their many email addresses. They're complaining that they can't see their tickets.

Anyway, I've added their new email address as a sub-account of the main account. I want all the tickets that are labeled "Not a Registered Client" to be assigned to their account.

How do I assign support ticket from "Not a Registered Client" to a client?

What is the process for this? Do I need to create a sub-account or is there another way?

Many thanks in advance for the tips.
    • By websavers
      I can confirm that issue #2 in this forum thread still exists with the latest release of iWHMCS.

This is *very* concerning as it might mean it's also a potential entrypoint for SQL injection. Please look into this asap WHMCS devs.