PHP Timezone error shown but timezone is correct in php.ini

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with something really stupid and search through the community forums but can't seem to find a solution. 

I did a clean install of WHMCS 7.7.1. Now looking at System Health Status everything looks good but I have one outstanding issue which needs attention:

image.png.8f3b309bf40bfc2880316f1f1f2a2eb8.png

So I went to Utilities > System > PHP Info to see what the default timezone is, now looking at the file I can see it's set to Africa/Johannesburg, which is correct because I am based in South Africa. 

image.png.89591dffd29c52aa194410cb8fd55fdf.png

I also noticed that the default time shown in WHMCS in the top corner is about 2 hours behind, as seen here:

image.png.49cb62ccd906c8b806ef6ba9650f2e5d.png

I came across this post 

https://whmcs.community/topic/258453-server-time-correct-whmcs-not/

Where @AffordableDomainsCanada made a suggestion to add the following within the configuration.php file:

date_default_timezone_set('America/Toronto');

Now this corrected the time displayed within WHMCS, so thanks @AffordableDomainsCanada.

All I want to know is how do I get the PHP Timezone issue removed from the System Status? Something else has to be wrong as the php.ini clearly shows Africa/Johannesburg. I might be missing something.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated 😀

Edited by Mocke

Hi @Mocke

Have you had a look in your systems 'php.ini' file as what you shown is the default timezone.

You need to set date.timezone within the 'php.ini' file directly if you look in the Utilities > System > PHP Info screen on my system 6 lines down I have the 'date.timezone' setting shown

~Regards,

Scott