POP3 Connection Error

Just to add to this, I get these connecting to my Zimbra server, around 10-15 times a day.  400 in the past month, so around 10-15 a day. The error is:

Error: Connection error: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: internal server error

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II
On 7/5/2019 at 8:49 AM, dahamsta said:

Just to add to this, I get these connecting to my Zimbra server, around 10-15 times a day.  400 in the past month, so around 10-15 a day. The error is:

Error: Connection error: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: internal server error

It would seem that your Zimbra server is returning an "internal server error" message and would need to be investigated and corrected by your system administrator to resolve that. This is unrelated to the other issues in this thread.

Just now, Mark Coates said:

this has not worked for me as now i get all my email accounts linked into 1 email everytime 😞

think ill change back as i didnt get this last time although it does import the email still.

Not sure how you are getting all your email accounts linked into 1, since the only difference was the port change...

im not sure if this will help although i have just changed the mail server details (within the support department are in ADMIN) to localhost rather than the mail server details.

the mail feature for tickets still works fine although i am just waiting to see if i get any error emails coming through.

I have attached the settings im using for this.

Capture.PNG

Hi I have had my provider of the VPS have a look into this and they say the connection to the server works fine with either the settings of the MAIL SERVER or LOCALHOST.

It appears to be an issue when WHMCS is then to retrieve the email on certain occasions as it does pull the email from the associated account although misses now and again even when system resources are available.

I did have the CRON working every minute and now this has been reduced to every 5 minutes and still this is the same.

1 hour ago, Mark Coates said:

It is asking me to login although I don't have details with WHMCS direct as I bought it through my hosting provider.

so you can just use the reseller-support link above and open the ticket via that route... they'll be no need to login. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 4:32 PM, WHMCS Lawrence said:

It would seem that your Zimbra server is returning an "internal server error" message and would need to be investigated and corrected by your system administrator to resolve that. This is unrelated to the other issues in this thread.

Do POP3 servers throw "internal server errors"? I would have thought the 500 error was thrown by WHMCS in response to the authentication error thrown by Zimbra. However the authentication errors are intermittent, so perhaps it a timeout problem?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this error too for long time....

looking the log a found it:

[02-Oct-2019 10:16:33 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Warning:  main(/home/link/whmcs/bootstrap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/link/whmcs/pop.php on line 0
[02-Oct-2019 10:16:33 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required '/home/link/whmcs/bootstrap.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/link/whmcs/pop.php on line 0

There is any way to fix it?

thanks

Edited by souzadavi

I think the problem is because I'm using custom cron folder. The pop.php file dont find the file boostrap.php.... Looks like is a small bug in pop.php file.

I just copy the file boostrap.php from my custom's cron folder to the WHMCS root folder.

@brian! please could you fix it own pop.php file? The pop.php file should consider custom cron folder.

thanks

4 minutes ago, souzadavi said:

@brian! please could you fix it own pop.php file? The pop.php file should consider custom cron folder.

this isn't one for me - the crons/pop.php is encrypted, so there is nothing that I can do with it.

I would have thought as long as both bootstrap and pop were in the custom crons folder, you should be ok - though there has been other bug reports of features working when the admin folder hasn't been renamed, but failing when it has.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @brian! i thought you are from WHMCS team. Sorry about it.

The other thing I did to fix this problem is changing the cron on cPanel. Cron's was running other php version of WHMCS. Crons was 7.2 and WHMCS was 7.3. And for some how the cron error message was sent to me every 5 minutes. After change bootstrap file and php version the annoying error message is gone. 

In cPanel command crons config's:

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -q /home/username/WHMCScronsFolders/pop.php