Email Marketer - back checking?

spartanza

Hi

I have been using WHMCS for a while now, and have yet to make use of the Email Marketer function.

I am in the process of setting it up and would like to begin using it, however, I just need to check with someone about a question.

If I set up a rule that needs to send an email 1 day after registration, will the system send to all existing clients, or only wait for new clients to pass that threshold?

The same question applies to rules that need to send emails 30/60/90 days after registration? Will the system email everyone in that instant that has passed those days registered or only new clients that come into those landmarks?

If I had it my way, I would love an option that says, "Ignore existing client", or "Ignore clients that have passed this threshold". The latter would be better as it will just ignore that client for that specific rule, not ignore totally.

Thank you for your help

53 minutes ago, spartanza said:

If I set up a rule that needs to send an email 1 day after registration, will the system send to all existing clients, or only wait for new clients to pass that threshold?

it should be only new clients, because existing clients registration date should be greater than 1 day... the marketer will treat it as equal to "1" and not "1 or more".

56 minutes ago, spartanza said:

The same question applies to rules that need to send emails 30/60/90 days after registration?

same answer - for client-related emails, they will be sent to everyone 30/60/90 days... but existing clients (e.g in this case, anyone registered over 90 days from the email running date), shouldn't get any emails.... someone registered 70 days ago, should not get the 30/60 emails, but should get the 90 one when they reach that date.