Hello ^_^

I need to add bulk domain transfer,  I've searched it and found out that WHMCS removed bulk domain transfer in version 7.0.

Registrar has a method that generates one EPP Code for all user's domains and user can transfer them all at a time.

I know it's removed but maybe there's any other way of doing it without downgrading to version 6.0 :$

4 hours ago, So, who am I ? said:

I need to add bulk domain transfer,  I've searched it and found out that WHMCS removed bulk domain transfer in version 7.0.

yes - they didn't tell us they were going to do that beforehand.

Registrar has a method that generates one EPP Code for all user's domains and user can transfer them all at a time.

is there a third-party addon for this registrar available in Marketplace? if a developer is already familiar with their API, then that would be my first port of call for something like this.

depending on the TLDs involved, remember that you may need the registrants permission to transfer the domain(s).

I know it's removed but maybe there's any other way of doing it without downgrading to version 6.0

are you talking about giving the end-user the option of bulk transferring domains, or is just something that you want to do yourself as a means of transferring your own domains? if it's the latter, it would probably be quicker to bulk transfer them directly with the registrar; if it's the former... well I wouldn't necessary downgrade the whole site to v6.3.1 (even if you could)... there's no quick fix to get v7 accepting bulk transfers and i'm not aware of any third-party addon that does it either.

16 hours ago, brian! said:

is there a third-party addon for this registrar available in Marketplace? if a developer is already familiar with their API, then that would be my first port of call for something like this.

depending on the TLDs involved, remember that you may need the registrants permission to transfer the domain(s).

no there's not any third-party addon and yeah I have a permission to transfer domains from registrar.

Ahm... honestly, I don't exactly know how bulk domain transfer worked in version 6, but what I do is that, I add one domain in my cart to transfer, then go back and check other domain for transfer and add it to the cart as well, so when I click 'Next' I have two domains to transfer and system asks for EPP codes, since registrar generated one code for both domains I enter the same code two times and after invoice is generated I pay it. Well, one invoice is generated for two domains and after payment both of them should be transferred, but they aren't, system calls TransferDomain method one time for the first domain and it doesn't even call it for the second domain, that's what I know from logs.

(in TransferDomain method I mean WHMCS TransferDomain method from registrar module, in which I call registrar's Transfer method that sends them transfer notification and they automatically approve it. Since system doesn't call WHCMS TransferDomain method, it doesn't call registrar's Transfer method and so they don't get transfer notification at all.)

while I was testing I even tried to transfer two domains with different EPP Codes and it did the same, it transferred first domain and didn't call the method for the second one.

I don't know how bulk domain transfer was in v6, like if you had to check more than one domain at a time without adding them one by one manually to cart, like I did, but I guess it doesn't matter cuz after invoice payment, system is asked to transfer more than one domain and it can't do it, cuz that option is removed.

16 hours ago, brian! said:

are you talking about giving the end-user the option of bulk transferring domains, or is just something that you want to do yourself as a means of transferring your own domains? if it's the latter, it would probably be quicker to bulk transfer them directly with the registrar; if it's the former... well I wouldn't necessary downgrade the whole site to v6.3.1 (even if you could)... there's no quick fix to get v7 accepting bulk transfers and i'm not aware of any third-party addon that does it either.

I mean giving the end-user the option of bulk transferring domains.

3 hours ago, So, who am I ? said:

no there's not any third-party addon and yeah I have a permission to transfer domains from registrar.

I hope you mean the registrant - because depending on the TLD and the registrar, they may need to confirm each online themselves.

3 hours ago, So, who am I ? said:

Ahm... honestly, I don't exactly know how bulk domain transfer worked in version 6,

from the client side, you could type in a list of up to 20 domains and add them to the cart...

Xgz_CUXLBTla_Zg8st0e_VR1w.png

6 minutes ago, brian! said:

from the client side, you could type in a list of up to 20 domains and add them to the cart...

I add them to the cart and system generates invoice, but when I pay invoice system transfers only one domain and won't call TransferDomain method for the second domain.

I'm not sure but I guess bulk domain transfer used to call DomainTransfer method once and domains array was passed to it, so it means it was called one time ? I've not done many research on it and that's just my guess tho.

What I don't understand is if user can register more than one domain at a time and once he pays invoice all the domains get registered, why is that a problem for transfer ? Once invoice is payed DomainRegister is called as many times as the number of bought domains are in invoice, I suppose DomanTransfer method should be working the same way, but it's not, maybe I have to do some changes in settings ?

1 hour ago, So, who am I ? said:

I add them to the cart and system generates invoice, but when I pay invoice system transfers only one domain and won't call TransferDomain method for the second domain.

i've seen that mentioned in other threads... might be worth a ticket to Support for specific clarification.