Knowledgebase Article Tags

ScottN

At the bottom of every Knowledgebase Article, there is a tag symbol, and then two tags "Email, SSL".  It doesn't matter what real tag I have added for the article, it only shows "Email, SSL" for every article.  I have read the documentation on Knowledge Base Tags, but it only talks about the tag cloud (which seems to work OK) but not this end-of-article list of tags. 

image.png.072caf8084247462d8234bc10b478fe3.png

Any pointers on either removing this, or fixing it so it shows the real tags assigned to the article, would be greatly appreciated!

- Scott

What version of WHMCS are you running. There was a previously reported issue: "CORE-11401 - Remove spurious "Email, SSL" on knowledgebase article content" that was fixed in 7.3.0-beta.1. If you are running a newer version then that, I would love to see our support team look at your templates. Can you open a ticket about that with us?

Thanks, Nate!  Unfortunately, I'm still on 7.2.3.  I'm glad to know that this might be fixed if I upgrade.  Can you tell me what the fix is?  Does it just remove the tags from that spot?  Or, does it actually display the tags entered on the KB Article during its creation?

- Scott

ScottN,

The fix is a template change, you can view the commit for the 7.3.0-beta.1 in our github repository for the six theme template changes. These are linked from the Release Notes. In this case I think it will be a pretty simple fix:

https://github.com/WHMCS/templates-six/commit/188f6c95ea66f30e084587a194319c0e947d7903#diff-66ba78b81a680028e517263e21d0fd59

Hope that helps,

Nate C

Thanks, Nate.  I've implemented it.  Now "Email, SSL" is gone, so that is good, but I was hoping it would display the actual tags that I have set for the article. 

{if $kbarticle.tags }
        <li><i class="fa fa-tag"></i> {$kbarticle.tags}</li>
{/if}

Since I get nothing... it must mean that $kbarticle.tags for me must be empty?  Maybe when I upgrade, it will magically work.

- Scott

8 hours ago, ScottN said:

Since I get nothing... it must mean that $kbarticle.tags for me must be empty?  Maybe when I upgrade, it will magically work.

Scott, if it helps, i'm seeing nothing on a v7.2.3 dev too... the array is empty (confirmed via the debug window), but I can see there are tags in the database.

if you had to, you could work around it with a hook (you know the kb article ID, so it's just a query to the db), but it was fixed in v7.3+, so it should resolve itself when you next update. :idea: