Feature Request: Invoice Payment Page

splaquet

I hope that it's not just me in this jam... otherwise this feature would have no meaning for anyone else ;)

the problem that i've found myself with is that when I first started using WHMCS a few years back, i totally failed to migrate over the domains properly.  to avoid having my clients receive a ton of emails, i migrated them all to my email account and then reassigned them to the proper clients.  if the problem i face isn't already obvious, whelp, about 75% of those domains are paid 1 year in advance of their actual expiration date.  in turn, the yearly invoice that's generating actually reads for the next year. 

so if the invoice generates on 7/10/2017 and the the billing period *should* be for 8/10/2017-8/10/2018,
it's actually showing the invoice generated on 7/10/2017, and billing period for 8/10/2018-8/10/2019 (as in, for the next year)

i've learned that when i find these domains, to manually create an invoice to cover that year that was skipped. that was working great, for a little while at least... 

now i'm finding myself having to question whether the invoice that the client is paying (this only really happens with check payments) is the one that i've regenerated or the one that the system has generated. 

if it's mine, it wouldn't renew the domain for 1 more year. it's only pay for that skipped year and catch up. 

if it's the system, it would renew the domain for another year and i've contributed back into the vicious circle i created for myself.

so, in realizing that this problem only applies to maybe 2% of all users, i've since found a solution that might be a practical feature for 75% or more users.

if you look at the screenshots below, you'll see the problem that i was explaining above.  i honestly cannot remember if the invoice here is one that i made or the system generated.  i could probably do some research on the dates, etc, but that'd take A LOT of time for over 100 domains.

here's my suggestion:
- on the invoice page in the backend, how about display a field that shows the actual expiration date for the domain(s) listed within the invoice?
- also on the invoice page backend, a simple checkbox that, checked off by default, can be unchecked to *not*  "domain will automatically renew at registrar upon payment"

it'd only have to be on invoices automatically generated by the system.  since you'd be moving forward from the issue, you wouldn't even have to worry about creating new invoices and cancelling the system generated ones.

thoughts?  would anyone else benefit from this or am I still finding myself as a 1%er ?

** notice that my current band-aid that i've finally figured out is to remove the registrar assignment, so it doesn't automagically autorenew for another year.  ...but, you can see here where creating a temporary fix to one problem is ultimately creating a potential new problem for down the road. setting the domain to autorenew at the registrar is the failsafe to this **

- splaquet

Screenshot 2017-10-19 14.31.47.jpg

Screenshot 2017-10-19 14.30.49.jpg

Edited by splaquet
wanted to update post to explain the "registrar: none" and my quick fix to the problem