Admin updating credit card deletes customer at Stripe (WHMCS v7.3.0)

Damo

Hi Andrew, I tried the clear button as any attempt to update the card details resulted in a remote storage error (contact support).  The gateway log shows a message to say that the customer (cus_9999) doesn't exist.  When I look the customer up by email in Stripe it shows nothing but when I look in the logs it shows the customer as deleted.  Now I can't add a card for this customer.

Why isn't the card removed, and not the customer deleted?

How do we now get a card stored this customer?

We used to use the free Stripe integration before converting to the WHMCS supplied gateway and it didn't work this way.  Right now we have a customer that is unable to pay by credit card.

• WHMCS Developer

The description of your issue sounds like you have conflicting things occurring, perhaps from your other integration you were using?

Do you see any notices on the Stripe gateway configuration in Setup -> Payments -> Payment Gateways?

It may be easier to open a ticket and have support take a look.

6 hours ago, Damo said:

Hi Andrew, I tried the clear button as any attempt to update the card details resulted in a remote storage error (contact support).  The gateway log shows a message to say that the customer (cus_9999) doesn't exist.  When I look the customer up by email in Stripe it shows nothing but when I look in the logs it shows the customer as deleted.  Now I can't add a card for this customer.

Why isn't the card removed, and not the customer deleted?

How do we now get a card stored this customer?

We used to use the free Stripe integration before converting to the WHMCS supplied gateway and it didn't work this way.  Right now we have a customer that is unable to pay by credit card.

Did you clear out all the old 3rd party stripe module files?

Edited by mustardman

Yes mustardman the old files were removed when we switched over to the WHMCS included module.  It's all been working fine up until two days ago.

Andrew there are no notices on the config page either.  I'll open a ticket and get support to look in to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Corey,

No, no answer was forthcoming.  I talked the customer through updating their details after logging in.  We haven't had to updated any card details since but never got an answer to why WHMCS deleted the client at Stripe instead of just removing the linked card.