A suggestion, bug or finding in Open / Reply ticket email for clients

luigidelgado

I have tested and I found some things, please let me know if this is correct:

1. For Tickets Opened and Tickets Reply emails for client side, the structure is always [Ticket ID: {$ticket_tid}] - {$ticket_subject} so whatever I place on those two email templates subjects makes nothing at all. If this is correct, the Subject Field for those two emails should simply be grayed out or something like that and make us WHMCS Administrators understand this. Documentation does not say this either.

2. The mask thing does not work in the Support Mail Templates WHMCS sends to users. I have to use {$ticket_id} otherwise the field will show balnk on mails. This should also be explicity said somewhere in the documentation. It will only work on the Admin Email Tickets for Admins. In those emails both variables show, the {$ticket_tid} shows the masked Ticket and {$ticket_id} the real Ticket ID on database. Makes nonsense for me to use one method in the clients side and the other in the Admins side, makes it very confusing.

1. Well.... Those fields should be at least greyed out in those two emails, so we WHMCS Admins dont loose our head for hours or days trying to find out why our changes are not being saved.... For the sake of UX.

2. I tested that, ticket_tid wont work on the emails sent to the clients, with or without mask you must always use ticket_id. For emails sent to the Admins both of them work so if you are using a mask you must use ticket_tid if not, use ticket_id... No documentation on this, you have to find out by yourself. Again for the sake of UX there should be some documentation about it.

Edited by luigidelgado
grammar

1. Well.... Those fields should be at least greyed out in those two emails, so we WHMCS Admins dont loose our head for hours or days trying to find out why our changes are not being saved.... For the sake of UX.

well if WHMCS haven't done that in 6 years since the original reply above - I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to change it... the developers don't usually visit the forums (except during beta periods), so they won't see your suggestions.

2. I tested that, ticket_tid wont work on the emails sent to the clients, with or without mask you must always use ticket_id. For emails sent to the Admins both of them work so if you are using a mask you must use ticket_tid if not, use ticket_id... No documentation on this, you have to find out by yourself. Again for the sake of UX there should be some documentation about it.

there are plenty of things with WHMCS that are undocumented and you need to find out for yourself (or ask here) - that's the nature of the beast... even the parts that are documented, may not necessarily be accurate.