TLD Pricing Table

rockhost

Hello,

I'm really liking the new WHMCS. Feels fresh. Anyway, I'm having a problem customizing the default cart.php page. As you can see the TLD table is missing prices here: https://my.rockhost.com/cart.php

However, all kinds of neat pricing options appear at the search url: https://my.rockhost.com/domainchecker.php

Can someone help me connect the dots? Everything else is in order. Let me know if you see otherwise.

Thanks!

Ah, no, I'm running v6.0.1. Is the next build related? I'll definitely go ahead and upgrade regardless. Hadn't seen that yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok cool, I just added about 10 tlds to my search as well. Guess we'll see what happens. Give me an hour...

it might be something as simple as the variables/array not being available on that cart page - it looks like you're including domainchecker.tpl from the main template.

what I would do is add a {debug} to your rockhost/products.tpl template and see if the $tldpricelist array is actually available - it looks not.

if it isn't, then you may have to drop the idea of displaying the pricing table on the opening cart page; or obtain the array via a hook... or go old school and use a data feed to display the table.

I am including domainchecker.tpl. It's inserted on line 47 of templates/orderforms/rockhost. I totally agree with you. Something is missing. I added {debug} to line 48 temporarily, but I'm not seeing any errors in the activity log or live on the page.

Any thoughts? Or really, how do I "hook"? Grasping a new idea here. Love to learn.

Thanks!

Edited by rockhost
typo

I am including domainchecker.tpl. It's inserted on line 47 of templates/orderforms/rockhost. I totally agree with you. Something is missing. I added {debug} to line 48 temporarily, but I'm not seeing any errors in the activity log or live on the page.

apologies - I should have said to add {debug} to the end of the file. :)

it wouldn't have shown any errors in the logs or on the page, but it should have generated a popup box containing all variable/arrays available to that page... it seems you have left it in the template as it generated a popup when I visited just now - so you might want to remove that!

i've imported your rockhost order-form template into my v6 dev and added the {debug} to products.tpl - as I suspected, $tldpricelist doesn't exist and that explains why the table is empty.

actually, you'd also run into an issue if you were using multiple currencies, but you aren't - so never mind!

Any thoughts? Or really, how do I "hook"? Grasping a new idea here. Love to learn.

with the way you're including the domainchecker template, hooking to get this array is really awkward to do.

for your issue, i'd be tempted to come at this from entirely another angle and embed a Data Feed inside the final table of domainchecker.tpl - it is that table that is being used when including domainchecker in your products template.

so at ~line 120 in domainchecker.tpl, I would replace the following...

{foreach $tldpricelist as $tld}
<tr>
<td>{$tld.tld}</td>
<td class="text-center">{$tld.period}</td>
<td class="text-center">{if $tld.register}{$tld.register}{else}{$LANG.domainregnotavailable}{/if}</td>
<td class="text-center">{if $tld.transfer}{$tld.transfer}{else}{$LANG.domainregnotavailable}{/if}</td>
<td class="text-center">{if $tld.renew}{$tld.renew}{else}{$LANG.domainregnotavailable}{/if}</td>
</tr>
{/foreach}

with..

<script language="javascript" src="feeds/alltldpricing.php?currency={$currency.id}"></script>

and then in the "Feeds" directory, create a new file called "alltldpricing.php" and add the following code within it...

<?php

require("../init.php");
require("../includes/domainfunctions.php");

$code = '';

if (!is_numeric($currency)) {
   $currency = array();
} else {
   $currency = getCurrency('', $currency);
}

if (!$currency || !is_array($currency) || !isset($currency['id'])) {
   $currency = getCurrency();
}

$freeamt = formatCurrency(0);
$tldslist = getTLDList();
foreach ($tldslist AS $tld) {
   $tldpricing = getTLDPriceList($tld, true);
   $firstoption = current($tldpricing);
   $year = key($tldpricing);
   $transfer = ($firstoption["transfer"] == $freeamt) ? $_LANG['orderfree'] : $firstoption["transfer"];
   $code .= sprintf(
       '<tr><td class="text-center">%s</td><td class="text-center">%d</td><td class="text-center">%s</td><td class="text-center">%s</td><td class="text-center">%s</td></tr>',
       htmlspecialchars($tld, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
       $year,
       htmlspecialchars($firstoption["register"], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
       htmlspecialchars($transfer, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'),
       htmlspecialchars($firstoption["renew"], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')
   );
}

$code .= '';

echo "document.write('".$code."');";

you should now have a working "ALL TLD Pricing" table on both domainchecker.php and cart.php! :)

there is a slight issue with the Data Feed generated table rows looking slightly squashed (only in cart.php not domainchecker.php), but that is being caused by a order-form css clash - the solution I think is to modify rockhost/style.css and change the padding from "2px 3px" to "8px" - however, this might well have untold consequences elsewhere in the cart (possibly viewcart?), so you might want to test that thoroughly.

#order-slider table tr td {
   padding: 2px 3px;

if the css solution turns out to be something else, let me know!

just checked out the site - it looks ok doesn't it! :idea:

with regards to the table padding being different on the cart page from domainchecker, it occurred to me that if you wanted to fix it, it's easier not to mess with your stylesheets but to add the specific styling to the data feed, e.g replace each...

<td class="text-center">

with...

<td class="text-center" style="padding: 8px;">

and the two tables should match (apart from that i've centred the TLD in the data feed, but it's not centred in the original table - though I think mine looks better!).