Registrar Error

ovi

I am using whmcs 5.2.5 . Everything running well but from last 3 hours getting an error in my admin dashboard domain page- Like "Customer Profile > Domains" page showing bellows error

=======================================================

Registrar Error

Access Denied: You are not authorized to perform this action

=======================================================

Please help me

At least for Resell.biz (uses StarGate/UK2 module), I noticed they were making some changes on Jun 25th - which is when I also started receiving this issue. These are some of the messages at the registrar site that I see:

Main Page

"Urgent: You are currently using A records to point your domain name to the Control Panel. In order to benefit from our disaster recovery set up, you need to use CNAME records instead, and point to cp.myorderbox.com. Please make this change before 25th June, 2014 to avoid disruptions while using the control panel."

Under Settings > API

"We will deprecate the SOAP API shortly. Please switch to our simple, powerful and flexible HTTP API. Learn more about the HTTP API"

While the A record is not something involved with this, I do believe that the date there could be significant with the second message. I've emailed to see what's changed, but haven't heard back yet.

Has anybody else run into this issue and gotten it resolved?

Okay, wasn't sure about this. This was the response I got from Resell.biz:

The system appears to have stopped for many people. We are not sure of the cause. Rebooting the server usually is what resolves the problem. If that does not work, Please check that your ip has been whitelisted by logging into your account and clicking settings > api. please contact us if you need anything else.

For me, the IP I am using now was not whitelisted. I had actually changed IPs a while back and never updated that and it still worked until June 25th. I updated the IP in the Resell.biz control panel, but it still does not work. Sounds like a known issue, though. Unfortunately, Resell.biz doesn't seem too interested in doing any troubleshooting on their end.

This link helped:

http://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/knowledgebase/49/I-whitelist-my-Server-IP-in-my-Reseller-Account-but-the-FREE-tools-still-does-not-work.html

My site is hosted in a shared environment and while it has it's own IP, the server itself has a different IP. The link above has a tool that will verify the actual IP of the server. That will need to be added into the authorized API IPs in your domain registrar control panel (Settings > API > Whitelist your IP Addresses)

Hi,

mwbarker has pointed to the correct solution. The api access is now restricted and has been improved to protect further the reseller account vía api.

The reseller account is now mapped to the IP. This means, you need explicitely whitelist the whmcs domain ip and the primary server ip (if different) in your own reseller account.

More details from LogicBoxes are available here: http://www.resellerclub-mods.com/en/forum/15-resellerclub-lounge-english/320-important-api-access-changes.html

This affects all Registrars using the LogicBoxes/OrderBox API Plattform.

Regards,

Marco

• 1 month later...